• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park is out now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! Welcome back to Jurassic Park…

Following the events of the iconic 1993 film, you are invited to return to the island where it all started. Reclaim the park from the dinosaurs, rebuild beloved locations, and overcome brand new challenges guided by Dr. Alan Grant, Dr. Ellie Sattler, and Dr. Ian Malcolm in an original narrative voiced by the film cast.

Requires Jurassic World Evolution (sold separately). Build your own Jurassic World, bioengineer dinosaurs, construct attractions, containment, and research facilities. Every choice leads to a different path and spectacular challenges arise when 'life finds a way.'

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, fantastic. Definitely grabbing this.

When does JW Evolution hit Game Pass? Is it next week?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it's GWG, not Game Pass. Next week!

Last edited:

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Been following this for weeks. The male Tiger stripe pattern Raptors being in this game just tickles me. Best Raptor designs in the franchise.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I liked how they teased, multiple time, the launching of the theme. Good job trailer's editor.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If this trailer proved anything, it's that even a karaoke-caliber cover of the Jurassic Park main theme can still deliver.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Man, JP3 might be terrible, but I think it has the best raptor designs in the franchise. So glad we're finally getting those skins. Along with the muthafuckin AVIARY!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You had me with gamepass, but this is even better. I can safely grab the dlc without worrying about losing access in the future.

That's definitely good. Only downside is that we don't get that Game Pass discount that you get for DLC/mtx when something is on Game Pass! It'd only be like £1.50 off though so no great stress. Woo!

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
If the base game goes on sale for <$10 in the Steam winter sale again, I may pick it up with this DLC. I love me some classic JP stuff.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I was waiting for the classic skins! I didn't buy at launch cause the JW aesthetic just didn't give me that itch.

How well does this play/handle on X1X? Also, will the skins also work in a sandbox mode?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
If the base game goes on sale for <$10 in the Steam winter sale again, I may pick it up with this DLC. I love me some classic JP stuff.
Im pretty sure I just bought it for $8 on Steam, maybe I misread it...

Was holding off on playing this, but this made me just buy it. Trying to learn the basics before jumping in though...

Nov 4, 2017
I feel like I should pick this up as a big JP fan. And a fan of sims/strategy in general.
I've been obsessed with dinosaurs (and prehistoric life in general) my whole life, and love Sim/strategy games. Jurassic World Evolution is a must-buy if you tick any or all of those boxes.

I didn't even know this was coming, this is great news and the original voice cast is the icing on the cake for me. Time for life to uh... Uh... Find a way.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Im pretty sure I just bought it for $8 on Steam, maybe I misread it...

Was holding off on playing this, but this made me just buy it. Trying to learn the basics before jumping in though...

lol, yeah. I just checked now and it must have went on sale shortly after my post. They even have a deal for a bundle for another 10% off the already discounted base game plus this DLC pack. I am downloading now.

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
Man so excited and happy. Original JP is the best. Once this DLC goes on sale, it's mine!

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Heard mixed things about this during release... but man, I love JP and park sims.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up that Jurassic World Evolution is now available on Games With Gold if you were waiting on that before picking this up. I was!

Oct 28, 2017
England
How come?? Planet Zoo that much better? Or is it so bad that its ruined all park sims for you? haha

I'm not the person you're quoting, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Thorn meant because Planet Zoo is better. The degree to which you can customise enclosures and buildings is amazing, and I imagine it would be quite hard to return to the much more rigid levels of design that JW:E offers.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm not the person you're quoting, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Thorn meant because Planet Zoo is better. The degree to which you can customise enclosures and buildings is amazing, and I imagine it would be quite hard to return to the much more rigid levels of design that JW:E offers.
Yeaaaa, after playing it a while I can see that. It's pretty surprising how rigid JW:E is compared to their other works.