Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
There's somebody throwing money on the Unicorn Riot stream. Is he the owner of Cup Foods?

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
This will not bring George Floyd back, nor will it fix the rampant abuse of power and racism highlighted by the police.

But it's a start. Rot in prison, Chauvin.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, this is incredible.

Enjoy jail, shithead. I hear the inmates at max security penitentiaries are real friendly to former cops.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
just one small step, but the relief ppl feel is a good thing.

this lady on cnn is speaking some truth right now

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Get fucked Chauvin.

Although if the sentencing ends up being as light as possible (I still get angry over Manafort's light sentencing from the first judge) it'll dampen the impact. Chauvin and his accomplices deserve to be put away for a long time.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Derek Chauvin was given a fair trial and a fair hearing.
He was found guilty of murder by a jury of his peers.
Police are not and never will be judge, jury and executioner.

Any other verdict would have been an absolute disgrace and failing on the US justice system. Maybe this will see a change that will stop police from thinking they are above the law and make sure they face justice for their crimes going forward.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
His face when the verdicts were read out is kind of disturbing.

RuVDq6e0KwakVbC5ogyfRjeA-Fg=.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Common sense dictates that they couldn't have come to any other verdict the US court system is anything other than common sense based so I'm pleasantly surprised.
It's a long shot but hopefully this sends a message that change is happening.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just read that the family of Emmitt Till was with the Floyd family while the verdict was being read.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Great news. Definitely deserves the maximum sentence for what he did, but one step at a time.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
It may have taken historical protesting and public outcry to get here, but hopefully the verdict gives some semblance of justice to George Floyd's family and supporters amidst the grief. The struggle continues for many others.

Hope the pigs are all watching and sweating. You may think your bullshit trial experts that defend any and all police killings as acceptable will save your ass if it happens to you, but cellphones changed the game. The justice system is still built to protect their own, but with so many eyes open to the cruelty and racism of cops we may be turning a page where the biggest gang in America does not get the benefit of the doubt in court anymore. Only wish I could have been selected on the jury to convict myself.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Shocked. I didn't expect all 3. I hope this brings some peace to Floyd's family and sends a message to the pigs that think this behavior is OK.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well that's cathartic as fuck. I thought there was maybe a 10-20% of this happening. Good shit and fuck Derek Chauvin.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Am i the only one who... Can't really feel happy about this? (Can't read all four pages right now, so don't blame me for using the 'Am I the only one' bit)

Like, yeah, the motherfucker should rot in jail, but what about the rest of the black men, women and children brutally murdered by these monsters? I feel like Chauvin has only been found guilty because he's 'the famous one', and the rest will either get away scot-free or get a minor sanction. Hopefully I'm wrong.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good!! Still should be 1st degree murder but this is good news!!
First degree murder means that there was a plan before the event to kill him. While you could argue that the amount of time that Chauvin had Floyd held down was enough time to rationally make that decision, it would have been really difficult to prove sufficiently. If the prosecutors could have done that, I'm sure they would have.

Good explanation on it here.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Fucking awesome!

Question though: can he do multiple sentences at once or does he have to serve them consecutively?

I hope him being a cop actually makes them sentence harsher, it'd be an aggravation in my country but I don't know in the US.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That this was even in question is a damning indictment of America.

This won't bring Floyd back, but hopefully his family feel some sense of justice.