dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Nice, did you fight anyone?

vt8JLF8.gif

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
It was a combination of different games, as I spent the week going to every Gamestop in my area, and buying their stock from the store, then returning it to the closer store to me in preparation for the B2G1, which is why I ended up with so many. So no, there is no single magic Gamestop these games were from that had all the games with their cases even, but more of a compilation of stores over the span of a week. Majority of these were from the B2G1, but some were just because they were in-stock and cheap enough comparatively. Mostly Switch though, since it's my current focus, as PS4 was two months ago.

Geez, you are way intense. Some of your picks are super eclectic as well. Are you really trying to have a complete collection or something?

But yeah, I ended up buying a bunch (by my standards, so 4 games) during the sales myself .
As much as people hate on Gamestop, these types of sales can be super worth it.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that this is the only artifact of the year 2019 that future archaeologists ever discover, and they silently cringe whilst reminding themselves of their vows to be impartial and not to judge past cultures for their ways of life, and some rich art collector purchases it and hangs it on their hallway wall, and it's framed and titled "Revisiting the Need for a Communist Manifesto," and in the years that follow Western civilization realizes with great shame that humanity must do better, that the wealth must be distributed, and revolutions sprout up all throughout the world, and the rich art collector is murdered, and the receipt becomes mythical, like a Holy Grail, the artifact which sparked the Great Upheaval, and a hundred years later a kid finds it in his backyard and says "Why the fuck did OP buy Anthem"

This made the thread worth it for me.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
You really buried the lead about you buying these games then returning them so they could all be at a single location so you could then rebuy them at a discount. Like, WTFFFF

Were there any games that got grabbed by someone in between this transaction? Did you explain your plot to the employees in an attempt for them to stash them for you?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry all, I got tired last night since I didn't get home until so late.

Had already cleaned, peeled, and shelved everything last night, so took a bunch of stuff off the shelves so I can get a pic.

It was a combination of different games, as I spent the week going to every Gamestop in my area, and buying their stock from the store, then returning it to the closer store to me in preparation for the B2G1, which is why I ended up with so many. So no, there is no single magic Gamestop these games were from that had all the games with their cases even, but more of a compilation of stores over the span of a week. Majority of these were from the B2G1, but some were just because they were in-stock and cheap enough comparatively. Mostly Switch though, since it's my current focus, as PS4 was two months ago.

Anywho, here's the haul, spans across console, multiple gens.

CRCWc8j.jpg

Stop.

You went to Gamestops all over there area to buy games you wanted to have, traded them in at one Gamestop nearby and then rebought everything because you get half for free?

I gotta be honest...that's genius.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
All I can think of is - your shelving units must be bowing by now. There's nothing worse than a dipping middle.

That's not a euphemism for anything either.

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You really buried the lead about you buying these games then returning them so they could all be at a single location so you could then rebuy them at a discount. Like, WTFFFF

Were there any games that got grabbed by someone in between this transaction? Did you explain your plot to the employees in an attempt for them to stash them for you?
Yeah, that hairbrained scheme is a step beyond even me, and I'm usually all about that shit. Kinda genius way to consolidate your savings not gonna lie

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Stop.

You went to Gamestops all over there area to buy games you wanted to have, traded them in at one Gamestop nearby and then rebought everything because you get half for free?

That's something I didn't think of. A huge effort but I won't knock the hustle.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'm really surprised at the hostility in here toward the OP, some of these posts are insanely embarrassing.

If the receipt showing the total price was $2xx, ya'll do know that's literally less than any of the current gen systems on the market right now.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
They made me circle back to the store 3 times, because they were so busy they told me they couldn't do it until closing, so I had to wait until midnight to have them ring me out, while drunk people were trying to open the locked doors, and banging on it because they saw me and wanted in, lol.

I mean.

As someone noted, at least I'll be doing the survey. :(
That's funny. Hey no matter what the reason for buying so much whether to play or collect, have fun with it if you enjoy buying and playing them. You clearly work hard to be able to afford everything so who cares what you spend your money on. Also please move Gun Gun Pixels lmao.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stop.

It's a lot of effort for stuff that's just gonna collect dust on the shelf, I feel bad for the GS employee that had to return and rebuy everything.

Not a knock against op, I already lived that life. It's just how it is.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, as somebody who has a decent amount of physical media that receipt is depressing. On top of the room OP has just being over the top stuffed with shit, the games will never get played and just take up space.

This even makes me reconsider what I buy lmao. Also, this makes the 2 games I bought for Black Friday look pedestrian

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
People worry too much about others pockets

It's true, including what they buy. I see a lot of people always judging others for what they buy, and see a lot of "get rid of it" and "get help" comments. Like, just because it's not something you would personally want (or if you did and didn't have the budget for it), I don't get why there is always this extra advise on what people should/shouldn't spend their money on. Not everyone wants to spend money on the same things, even if it's games they might not get a chance to play any time soon.

This is a game forum, but the majority consensus is that it's very anti-collecting. Collecting communities I've been in are surprisingly very positive places, that don't discourage people with what they do.

Kongroo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
I'll be honest, I'm in awe of your collection of games but it also makes me feel way better about being digital only since 2013. I have tons of game but they take up none of my living space.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry all, I got tired last night since I didn't get home until so late.

Had already cleaned, peeled, and shelved everything last night, so took a bunch of stuff off the shelves so I can get a pic.

Anywho, here's the haul, spans across console, multiple gens.

CRCWc8j.jpg

I respect the hustle.

I'm still jealous that I was broke the weekend everyone was going around exchanging nintendo games to get like $1000 of GameStop credit lol

Silly Buck

Oct 28, 2017
Well done OP. I'm impressed.
Do you take this much effort in the rest of your life? If so you'll be alright

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Aye, go back in there and see if they're price matching Best Buy and Target on Greedfall and Indivisible for PS4.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm really surprised at the hostility in here toward the OP, some of these posts are insanely embarrassing.

If the receipt showing the total price was $2xx, ya'll do know that's literally less than any of the current gen systems on the market right now.
Some people really love to be dicks for no reason.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The buy 2 get 1 shuffle between multiple Gamestops is great. That sounds like the type of thing where they make a rule the next year explicitly banning it because someone found a way to cheese their offer.

Kudos, OP.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn OP! That's impressive.

And here I thought buying 8 games for myself was excessive.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I had a receipt about 1/5th that size from Best Buy and felt guilty. Not kidding, you should really get some help for what seems like a spending addiction.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo what's with all the vitriol towards OP in here? It's a videogame forum and he bought a whole bunch of videogames.
Yeah, seriously...
Stop.

I didn't know there were Gamestop strats, lol! That sucks they made OP wait until midnight, but I guess it was a "special case" or something.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Don't you have better things to spend your money on than games you will never play

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of salty people in here, damn. As long as you're not destitute after this, whatever, you do you OP and enjoy yourself.

Not sure how I feel about your buying and returning scheme though... still parsing the morality on that one.

Ha ha, I put Final Fantasy X|X2 for the PS3 with my WiiU games since it was in a DVD sized case for some stupid reason.
Same with the Kingdom Hearts collections, ugh, why???

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I buy/play about 15-20 games a year. I'm not sure if I could live with myself knowing that I just spent a load of money on something I wouldn't have time for. Collecting doesn't really do much for me, before I went digital a couple years ago I couldn't bring someone to my apt without them looking at my games collection asking me if I have a problem lol.