bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
2elv9rd.png

That's a snippet from the email I got from Ubisoft, it's for the PS4 version of the beta. I was wondering if anyone else is getting the keys as well. This is also a stealth Trials Rising Hype Check thread. Who is excited for Trials Rising (and its beta)? Are you planning on getting the game or is Q1 2019 too hard on your wallet already? February is a fucking monster. And, if you got the key, will you play the beta on the Thursday 13th or will you be freaking out over the (presumed) Nintendo Direct? Now that I think about it, we could see more footage of this game in there!

As for me, I enjoyed Trials Fusion, but I still need to see more about this new iteration, and potentially wait for reviews when it releases. There's still a long way to go!

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I got in because I was part of the alpha (which I missed due to it being on whilst I was on holiday)

I can't wait for this game. I still play fusion at least monthly.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
my two most hyped 2019 games are Trials Rising and Spelunky 2

and if you're wondering about NDA:

Staal

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! Loved Trials Evolution and liked Fusion. Hope it gets a rough edge again.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Dang! I love me some trials but I completely forgot to sign up for the beta.

Really sad about that one, boys

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Btw, if you're in you'll also get an email with four codes to share. I used one, here are the others that you can redeem here:

CTYNN948G43T
J8XQ8XFHVQLK
A8DZ8ZVQ8WVR

You get to choose the platform.

5moke5creen

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, got the email also... too excited for this game!

Managed to get my Inferno 4 run down to 25 bails, and 3:01 minutes yesterday too :D

OP
OP
bitSS

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Btw, if you're in you'll also get an email with four codes to share. I used one, here are the others that you can redeem here:

CTYNN948G43T
J8XQ8XFHVQLK
A8DZ8ZVQ8WVR

You get to choose the platform.
Cool, at a later date?

And damn, could I have used my code for the Switch version? I think I would have preferred that, but because they addressed me by my PSN nick-name (with which I created an account at Ubisoft Club) I thought it was only for PS4.

Anyway, whenever I get mine I will be sure to share them with the rest of you guys!

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, signed up but didn't receive my code yet, hope it reaches my inbox soon.
I'm kinda hyped for this as a long time Trials fan. Been too long, man.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The closed beta started at 9am GMT and played a bit before leaving to work.

Played more when i arrived from work and i think Evolution is finally matched :D

OP
OP
bitSS

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
The soundtrack is fucking lit, and it seems you unlock new tracks after you... eh, unlock new tracks in other continents? Electronic music started playing when I unlocked Europe, while until that point, when I was in America, it was only playing rock?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got in for the PS4 version. Can't tell if I should get the PS4 or Switch version though. Either way got gold on the first track and I'm liking it. Haven't played Trials since Evolution on 360.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Leaderboards are screwing up the "On the Edge" contract for some people, including me. It'll often pick the ghost of a player with something like 11 seconds or less to pit you against, which is literally impossible to beat. Seems you can get a new ghost if you delete the game's cache/reserved space, though.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
got one too, sweet

in fact i got a code for every ubi beta i signed my email. good guys ubi

vix

Nov 18, 2017
Is it only four tracks? Or am I missing something?

And that one track that wants me to beat the guy, no matter what I do, I fail the contract.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Is it only four tracks? Or am I missing something?

And that one track that wants me to beat the guy, no matter what I do, I fail the contract.
It's an issue with the ghost. The time is too low to be possible to beat. You have to delete the game's cache or something to fix it, apparently. It's happening to a lot of people.

vix

Nov 18, 2017
It's an issue with the ghost. The time is too low to be possible to beat. You have to delete the game's cache or something to fix it, apparently. It's happening to a lot of people.
Can that be done on the ps4? Or is that a patch type thing? Haven't been in a beta yet on my ps4 oddly enough.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I'm pretty disappointed by this beta. The game is locked to 60 FPS, the contracts are buggy so that you can't get past the third level, and they have loot crates. LOOT CRATES >_<

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That 4th contract bug is weird. I randomly got into the closed technical test a few weeks ago and it didn't have that trouble at all.

I also have that bug now.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's broken, also can't continue.
I followed the advice on here and deleted the "reserved space" part of my save file and then the game worked fine. I had a named person to beat in the contract, and could actually beat them.

Go to "manage game" and go down to the saved game part. There will be two files, your main save file and the "reserved space" file. I just deleted that second one and re-started the game and it worked fine.

Just make sure you have completely quit Trials and it's not just in it's pause/resume state on the dash.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I followed the advice on here and deleted the "reserved space" part of my save file and then the game worked fine. I had a named person to beat in the contract, and could actually beat them.

Go to "manage game" and go down to the saved game part. There will be two files, your main save file and the "reserved space" file. I just deleted that second one and re-started the game and it worked fine.

Just make sure you have completely quit Trials and it's not just in it's pause/resume state on the dash.

That really worked, crazy.

Thank you!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That really worked, crazy.

Thank you!

No worries - just passing on the info I saw here and on reddit - so I can't take credit :-)

Enjoy the game!

OT but does anyone think the easy tracks AREN'T that easy? There's one where you have to flip up and do a 360, land on a platform and launch off again before a mine cart hits you. I *thought* doing obstacles like that was more of a medium thing, let alone the time pressure of missing the cart.

I do like that they have changed challenges into contracts, and how they ramp up over time. I wonder if contracts will have mysteries too, like the hardest challenges (e.g. getting squirrels etc).

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017

On the PS4 suffering from this. Supposedly you could work around it by disconnecting from the internet once you load the game, didn't work. Bleh.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
I totally enjoyed Trials HD on the 360, never bothered with the others, save playing the trial version of Trials Fusion.