• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
Homecoming season 1 I'd call essential.

The Expanse, Fleabag, and Good Omens are good too.

Unknown

Oct 29, 2017
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place.

Quiet simply The Most Significant Televisual Event since quantum leap. It's that revelational.

Although the video quality is so low it's like they scraped it off a 360p YouTube stream....

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hanna is a fun spy show and its third season is starting soon. Excellent main cast and they bring on interesting supporting characters. Not on the level of Homeland, but a higher quality version of Nikita with a much bigger budget.

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Second the recommendations for The Boys, great series. Can't understand the love for The Expanse tho... watched the first two episodes and it just seemed really boring and generic to me, like that kind of low budget sci-fi series you'd watch on the Syfy channel, lol. Definitely didn't get why it was so beloved from my brief time with it.

The Expanse definitely starts a bit slow, but it's some of the best Sci-Fi I've seen in years. Give it a second chance.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Boys/Invincible if you like superheroes.
Fleabag if you like funny things about relationships and people in general.
Vinland Saga if you are in any way willing to watch an animated show. Season 2 contains the best anime has ever been.

bino

Dec 3, 2018
if you want to watch some anime - Made in Abyss, Girls' Last Tour, Dororo, Evangelion movies, Land of the Lustrous

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
Amazon used to have a deal with HBO, where Amazon got a bunch of their older shows. If there's an HBO series you haven't seen yet, check to see if Amazon has it.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
The Boys
Good Omens
The Expanse
Upload
Mr Robot
Invincible
Sounds like Fleabag is on Prime in the US, so if you're living there definitely, watch that.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Bosch is the best thing Amazon has done. After that, The Expanse, The Boys and Homecoming (season 1).

Avoid Maisel, that show's crap.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to spread their content out more. It's been pretty dry since The Boys and Invincible.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Never heard of Bosch till this. Thanks for this thread and the recs

Based on a quick skim of reviews seem it doesn't get really good till season 2. Ok to skip the first season?

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
Second the recommendations for The Boys, great series. Can't understand the love for The Expanse tho... watched the first two episodes and it just seemed really boring and generic to me, like that kind of low budget sci-fi series you'd watch on the Syfy channel, lol. Definitely didn't get why it was so beloved from my brief time with it.

Most people agree that the first season takes a long time to get going. From the end of the season onwards it is an excellent show.

Oct 25, 2017
The Expanse is fantastic. First season is good (and better on rewatches), the following seasons are superb. A no-brainer if you love sci-fi.

The Ty and That Guy podcast on The Expanse is very good as well.

Cory seems a fan as well.

Oct 25, 2017
If you're in the US, get the credit card. That's most of the value for me. It pays for the annual fee multiple times over. The shows and shipping are just gravy.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well I got a load of stuff to watch. Thanks guys(and OP for asking). I've never watched any of this stuff even though I had access to prime since it started.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Patriot and Fleabag are a must watch.

After that the usual high profile stuff like The Expanse and The Boys
Oh and Bosch, definitely.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The Wailing is arguably the best movie you will watch on Prime. It's horror, but goddamn if it's not a top 3 candidate for film of the decade.

Medieval swords and sandals: Vikings and The Last Kingdom. I would say The Last Kingdom reaches higher highs than Vikings especially. Very much in part to King Alfred's actor.

Sci Fi: The Expanse! Must watch show. S4 is a slight down turn but S5 picks right back up.

R rated Action: The Boys. Just brace yourself for the nihilism!

These are few off the top of my head.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I've seen lots of people already recommend The Expanse, The Boys and Fleabag.

So instead let me recommend The Expanse, The Boys and Fleabag, because you can't recommend them enough.

The Expanse is probably the best series ever and The Boys is top 10.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
That's because it started on SyFy, but it very quickly became way too big for the channel.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of Bosch till this. Thanks for this thread and the recs

Based on a quick skim of reviews seem it doesn't get really good till season 2. Ok to skip the first season?

Season 1 is good and really helps set the tone for the whole series, it also has some stuff that has repercussions through the entire series so I wouldn't skip it.