• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched all 7 seasons in a few days a weekish - some thoughts no one asked for:

- Interesting last episode. Not really what I was expecting for the series finale.
- They did my man Michael Ginsberg wrong 😡
- Corny ending for Peggy but I liked her character
- Also liked Roger, Peter, and Ken more as the series progressed
- Glad the last season (or two, don't remember) wasn't overflowing with affairs. Every time a new one took place mid season it was 😴
- Megan & Don's apartment was nice
- The actor that plays Glen was weird
- Early - mid seasons were good at making me want cigarettes
- I don't think I can take another series where Jared Harris hangs himself

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Ati2yEh.png

Such a fucking good moment.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
This show made me get a minibar and wide selection of spirits so I could look cool serving myself old fashions so yay for alcohol?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1e4c89beba055a62a26c1c321325b6a3de2e3a78.gifv

I've been wanting to rewatch this for years and I need to do that. So many great characters. Bert Cooper was my favorite character in the show because he didn't show up much but when he did he was ruthlessly efficent with what he said. Loved him. The whole Nixon vs Kennedy episode was where I thought this could be an all timer. Still my favorite show of all time

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure the show is meant for "binge-ing" with how much dense character writing it's packed with. I seriously had to let some episodes stew, just 2 or 3 were the most I could muster before getting my fill (in a good way). But anyway, good on you for watching, it's some of the best TV around and I'm not sure there'll be anything like it again.

Last edited:

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've always had this on my watchlist but never got to it - should I?

Oct 25, 2017
I've always had this on my watchlist but never got to it - should I?
I'm almost jealous of people who haven't experienced it yet. Just know that the first season is very dry, even for Mad Men. The show as a whole is a slow burn, but in the best way possible. The payoff certain episodes hit for it's characters reach heights more "exciting" shows wish they could hit.

Oct 29, 2017
Mad Men is great because it makes you legitimately invested in the most mundane things possible. The characters are just fantastic.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Ati2yEh.png

Such a fucking good moment.
It's really a sad moment in a sense, when thinking about how Don truly felt about himself deep down - how miserable he was. In this scene Don is deflecting another persons pity, and perhaps empathy, on him because he feels just as much of not more loathing towards himself.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Loved it, seriously, definitely one of the best TV shows ever made imo

The whole merger with the Brits and Jared Harris joining of course with the new office moving into the 60s was so fun.

I don't think I could power watch it though, almost every episode is so mentally taxing, I remember I needed a week between to process it lol

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Any time I see this show mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is the lawnmower scene. I don't see it get mentioned much online. It was such a violent, visceral and WTF moment, in stark contrast to what we usually see on the show. I still vividly remember yelling "WHAT THE FUCK" at the TV, then rushing online to read reaction comments lol.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
The GOAT, alongside The Americans.

Makes other shows' reliance on death as the ultimate dramatic tool seem cheap.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any time I see this show mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is the lawnmower scene. I don't see it get mentioned much online. It was such a violent, visceral and WTF moment, in stark contrast to what we usually see on the show. I still vividly remember yelling "WHAT THE FUCK" at the TV, then rushing online to read reaction comments lol.

the true turning point of the series. it's the jfk assassination

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the show as I was watching it, but the only thing I think of now when it gets mentioned is that it gave us the two worst actors on earth making a two minute scene feel five hours long.