• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Further reminder that JK Rowling is a vile person who causes direct harm to trans people including trans children, and has been pivotal in restricting the rights of trans children in accessing healthcare options in the UK. Who has generated a movement that resulted in reforms for trans healthcare scrapped here.

She directly espouses transphobic rhetoric, likens transitioning to being a new form of gay conversion therapy and platforms hateful bigots and transphobic organisations. Pressure as a result of her efforts has also seen access to information and support groups obscured and removed from view, leading to increased risk for the most vulnerable in our community.

Fuck her and fuck the support of her IP's in any way.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I liked it as a 14 year old. Also I'm fairly sure Voldemort's body was placed away from the others, but it's been a while

iirc, it specified that his body was placed in the same room but separate from everyone else. I just think it was a really weird line to include considering the entire post-Voldemort, pre-epilogue part of the novel was only 40-50 sentences long. Him disintegrating in the movie was honestly the better choice.

Edit: Just checked my copy and it was 60 sentences. Also someone needs to teach JK Rowling what a run-on sentence is. Jesus Christ.

balb

Oct 30, 2017
The ending isn't convincing and retroactively hurts the series, and that's even before you consider the TERF aspect. The syrupy sweet epilogue sucked too.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
If Nagini's actually a woman wouldn't she have had had dominion of the wand meaning that Neville is the true Elder Wand owner if Malfoy hadn't disarmed Dumbledore first?
Nagini was currently a snake with no arms meaning that it would be impossible to disarm her. That would void her ownership of the Elder Wand since you must be able to be disarmed to own it. /s

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Voldemort is like Neil Blomkamp or the dude that directed Donny Darko. Peaked super early, made 1 good murder spree and then shit the bed the rest of his career

Oct 25, 2017
If we're gonna shit talk the books then we need to talk about how much of the deathly hallows occurs in the bloody Forest of Dean. Shit was tedious. You had some massive social upheaval taking place in the outside world but the best means to demonstrate that was seemingly some tacky radio transmissions and the three leads falling out in a damp wood.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Motherfucker set himself up for failure when he convinced himself he had to kill Harry Potter.
What a joke of a villain. His Death Eaters are way better.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
He's like a kindergarden boy with a gun. He's can cause a lot of damage easily, but doesn't know what to do with it.

Instead he founds a "no girls allowed"-type of club of tight-knit looney tunes and does jack shit.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Having never read the books I didn't know about the difference in the final battle... we watched the last movie again with the kids the other day and it does suck, now I know how the book handled it I wish they had stayed true to it. Sounds much better with Harry taunting him in to attacking.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Was Voldemort actually in his prime at any point in the movies after that one spell fucked him up.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
iirc, it specified that his body was placed in the same room but separate from everyone else. I just think it was a really weird line to include considering the entire post-Voldemort, pre-epilogue part of the novel was only 40-50 sentences long. Him disintegrating in the movie was honestly the better choice.

Edit: Just checked my copy and it was 60 sentences. Also someone needs to teach JK Rowling what a run-on sentence is. Jesus Christ.

People shit on Return of the King (movie)'s ending for being overlong but really, after being with these characters for so many books Death Hallows kinda fucking needing a long ass ending showing what happened to everyone.

Nov 2, 2018
I really liked when he asks for people to switch sides and Neville stand up and he goes "Well I had hoped for better"

Slays me every time.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

Him disintegrating was a dumb change. The books had him simply dropping dead like anyone else. Voldemort spent his whole life trying to become a person larger then life itself. He became so threatening the majority of the Wizarding World was terrified to speak his name. Many people didn't believe he was even human anymore. Yet at the end of the day he was just a man. His death was utterly mundane. The one thing Voldemort didn't want to be.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
if I were a piece of shit TERF who wanted my super evil villain to seem imposing imo I would not make him constantly be defeated by people like "a newborn baby" and "a teenager", repeatedly, and largely by coincidence

though the message she took from this was that the next time around, she had the baby lose

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Having never read the books so talking from a fan of the films only, I thought Fiennes was great, easily one of the highlights of the whole series. I wonder if there's a big disparity there between those have read the books and those who haven't?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Him disintegrating was a dumb change. The books had him simply dropping dead like anyone else. Voldemort spent his whole life trying to become a person larger then life itself. He became so threatening the majority of the Wizarding World was terrified to speak his name. Many people didn't believe he was even human anymore. Yet at the end of the day he was just a man. His death was utterly mundane. The one thing Voldemort didn't want to be.

I fully agree