• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
This stupid motherfucker is married to a white woman (and an extremely vile one at that)! By his own logic, he should annul his own interracial marriage legalized on the same basic premise.

This fucker is the very definition of spiteful self-loathing.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
from the outside looking in (as in, from a European perspective) it looks like America is, or is trying ot actually regress a hundred years, it's quite something to see. Horrifying, but something...

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
They will not still abusing the supreme court until the society beats them back into compliance. With every steps they take it will be more difficult to fight back or return to a real democracy.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Thomas does come across as a kindly old man in many interviews and profiles. Of course, he's a kindly old man who believes that the should be ordered more like a theocratic police state than not, so...
Yeah, somebody with power on the Left wants to be buddies with and will defend a fascist hell bent on destroying our Democracy who's wife was directly involved in the literal attempt?

This is my shocked face. Got to reach across the aisle.

Oct 27, 2017
You really have to wonder at times like this what thoughts are running through the heads of gay republicians who ultimately voted for this.

I bet it is real "I never thought the leopards would eat MY face" line of thinking.

May 26, 2018
from the outside looking in (as in, from a European perspective) it looks like America is, or is trying ot actually regress a hundred years, it's quite something to see. Horrifying, but something...

Fight for your freedom with the tools you have, ones that still might work. Strengthen your unions with likeminded countries. Break off dependence on us if you have any.

Don't become us.

Teusery

"This guy are sick"
May 18, 2022
I know people "don't want to say" what the course of action is for these politicians ignoring the will of the people and our protests (various reddits discussing this had to ban calls for violence which says something about how many calls for violence there are), but it's interesting to note that Thomas would...actually kind of welcome it.

At least from black people. He wants things as bad as possible because he thinks the U.S. government will never support black people so they need to rise up for themselves, and they won't until things are awful.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the same. It's so frustrating because there is nothing we can do physically to help. I have been watching this slow-motion car crash since Obama was president but there's nothing I can do, but it affects me and my country as well. Now the crazy and regressive people in my country are emboldened and I feel like we (as a Canadian) are a few years behind our neighbors. American culture bleeds into Canada and we already have our own Trumpers here now.

It's very unnerving sharing a border with America right now.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Sonia Sotomayor loves him for some reason.

The separation of "politics" and personal relationships is often a stupid idea, in my opinion, and present-day America is probably the worst time and place to follow that idea.

In the end, it's their job. They "have" to like each other. It's fucking stupid.

But why she ignoring that he's a rapist?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
... I just don't know what people can reasonably do anymore...
They are literally trying to take away people's freedom away and cause all of us to have worse lives.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Seriously, if this monstrous fuck gets a single second of peace for the remainder of his life, we've failed. I don't want him or any of his constituents to be able to take a piss in peace without someone busting the stall door down and screaming some sense at him.

Enough with this fucking "peace and decorum" shit. Make every great demonstration in this country's history look like a fucking picnic by comparison. Tear these assholes and their tiny little bubbles to bits.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Harboring this much raw spite and hate has to take years off you life, why can't this cruel asshole just expire already.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Thomas does come across as a kindly old man in many interviews and profiles. Of course, he's a kindly old man who believes that the should be ordered more like a theocratic police state than not, so...
Yeah I've known tons of these old dudes. Churches are full of em. Soft spoken, seemingly very kind and understanding... until they come across someone or something they've deemed unchristian, then all the vile shit they keep bottled up comes seeping out.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
At the risk of getting warned, at what point do you realize that conservatives are weaponizing your decency against you and start just actively doing violence against them to make them rightfully afraid to have these opinions?

Last edited:

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
The notion of a supreme court being political is mind-boggling to me. Fuck him. Are we allowed to use the C word here?

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
If protests turn violent and something happens to him, he only has himself to blame for taking people's rights away.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
I don't have enough middle fingers to shove up his asshole

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
There will be TERFs, "classical liberals", and hoteps lining up to support anti-LGBTQ and anti-woke legislation from open fascists all the way up until it's their turn in the barrel.

We have a country of pundit brains who refuse to see that they are the frogs in the boiling pot.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017

Eh, imagine, I'm just north of the border in Quebec. Shit is terrifying. Even though Canadian society (especially Quebec) is leaning more on the left on social issues compared to the US, I still don't want this ideology to spread here. I am proud of the progress we made here, I don't want it to get taken away… we need to stay vigilant

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Calling for violence
If protests turn violent and something happens to him, he only has himself to blame for taking people's rights away.
Protesting needs to turn to rioting. Abortion and gay marriage are overwhelmingly popular. This shit bag is using the court to push his own agenda on to the American populace. Fuck peace, time has come for violence

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
There will be TERFs, "classical liberals", and hoteps lining up to support anti-LGBTQ and anti-woke legislation from open fascists all the way up until it's their turn in the barrel.

We have a country of pundit brains who refuse to see that they are the frogs in the boiling pot.
Not only that, but they are gleefully jumping into the pot "to own the libs".

Getting a win is better than having basic human rights. That's where we are at now.

May 26, 2018

Always how it is.

Getting along has... so many fucking obstacles.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
A raccoon ? I have never heard that term. I think I know the meaning but I'm curious to know where is stems from?

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone ever directly stated other rulings were *wrong* in an ruling for a different one before?

Even putting aside the horror of what he's trying to do, everything about this court is just so fucking out there.

Mar 11, 2020
When is the time to start talking about violence tbh? Stonewall it had to happen. Shit is freaking me out and we are not wanted in the world why even be in it?

Im a wreck right now T.T

Aya

At the risk of getting warned, at what point do you realize that conservatives are weaponizing your decency against you and start just actively doing viole'ce against them to make them rightfully afraid to have these opinions?

I don't think violence is the key here as it would only backfire. The only thing that can turn this around is flooding the streets everywhere and people demand their rights back. This calls for general strikes and generalised protests everywhere in the US. A minority of brainwashed religious nuts can't decide for the whole nation.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I don't think violence is the key here as it would only backfire. The only thing that can turn this around is flooding the streets everywhere and people demand their rights back. This calls for general strikes and generalised protests everywhere in the US. A minority of brainwashed religious nuts can't decide for the whole nation.
It wouldn't backfire if enough people do it. The reason some people used to not express racist beliefs is that they rightfully thought they'd get their asses beat for it. The "when they go low we go high" shit does. not. work.

And general strikes and massive protests are a form of show of strength, and therefore violence, that can work. But it won't work if the goal is to show cons that "most people don't want abortion bans" because they KNOW THAT. They're knowingly, actively governing on behalf of less than a third of the population. Massive protests will work if the message is "we are stronger than you and we will make you fear", because that's the ONLY language fascists understand.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Asking as someone outside the states, how difficult is constitutional amendment in the states?

I remember in my own country, people used to long for judicial decisions to avoid the pain of public debate on certain rights. But now that we've had those public debates, only a further referenda could undo those protections - they're amended into the constitution itself, which no judiciary can override. I'm guessing that kind of thing is not so easily done in the US.

May 26, 2018
Asking as someone outside the states, how difficult is constitutional amendment in the states?

I remember in my own country, people used to long for judicial decisions to avoid the pain of public debate on certain rights. But now that we've had those public debates, only a further referenda could undo those protections - they're amended into the constitution itself, which no judiciary can override. I'm guessing that kind of thing is not so easily done in the US.

2/3 of all states must agree.

And the states are in a culture war right now so no deal.