• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen anyone claim he is either. Just that he's fine with not only being friends and defending one, but having them appear and co-write a commercial for his video game.
And that Feb 15th tweet is him defending JonTron, I'm guessing?

Jablinski games have a walkthrough of Trover Saves the Universe on his YouTube page, which I just saw while searching for all this stuff. This can't bode well for Jack Black based on what I'm seeing in this thread.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We should absolutely get Kotaku and the like on this. We know Roiland reads those sites, they could put some real pressure on him - to either back off or double down and dig a deeper hole.

OP
OP
Kyle Cross

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Jablinski games have a walkthrough of Trover Saves the Universe on his YouTube page, which I just saw while searching for all this stuff. This can't bode well for Jack Black based on what I'm seeing in this thread.
I mean, we have nothing to confirm that Jack Black is aware of these issues, unlike Roiland who has tweets and podcasts. Jack Black also didn't directly work with JonTron, however his channel is subbed to PewDiePie which is a major problem in and of itself. But I believe Black's teenage son manages the channel, not Black himself.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017

There's no indication that Jack Black knows anything about any of this, while Justin Roiland clearly has knowledge of JonTron's views and still decided to work with him.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
For people saying you can just Google Jontron and easily see he is a white Supremacist, I just did a Google search for Jontron on my phone and none of that showed until I expanded the search twice and even the article wasn't immediately clear in the title what exactly the problem was... And he is more popular than ever on YouTube so I could see them just wanting to get a popular gaming YouTuber for the commercial with only rudimentary research into who they are.

I bought the game on Steam but definiteltly won't play for more than 2 hours in case I want to do a refund after seeing how this story plays out.
All you had to do was go to the Wikipedia link. It's right there when you Google Jontron.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
How did Jontron's career survive after he showed his true colors anyway? He seems as popular as ever.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This is still guilty by association, no? I'm not seeing evidence of Roiland being a white supremacist.
Jontron basically said the U.S. should be a white ethnostate. This guy, going by the Tweet posted, watched Jontron say that and decided it was an ok thing to state. Not really sure how else to interpret that.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
There's no indication that Jack Black knows anything about any of this, while Justin Roiland clearly has knowledge of JonTron's views and still decided to work with him.
Good point. Should we get a petition going to get Adult Swim to comment and/or even cancel the remaining seasons of Rick & Morty? I can't imagine they want to be associated with someone who associates with someone who is basically a nazi.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Good point. Should we get a petition going to get Adult Swim to comment and/or even cancel the remaining seasons of Rick & Morty? I can't imagine they want to be associated with someone who associates with someone who is basically a nazi.
K bud I don't see your end goal but I can see you're at least committed to this strange bit.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just say someone being a white supremacist doesn't bother you

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
They've run in similar circles for a while now. I know Arin from GameGrumps has mentioned how he's friends with Roiland on multiple occasions. It's not at all surprising to hear that the racist shitbag JonTron is also, at the very least, well acquainted with Roiland.

And no, I'm not trying to lump Arin in with this, and certainly not saying he supports his former partner's views. I was merely pointing out how they're all in similar circles within the larger scope of YouTube.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
How did Jontron's career survive after he showed his true colors anyway? He seems as popular as ever.
A lot of people don't really care about white supremacy, whether because they're disinterested in everything outside internet memery, because they agree with it, or because it's to their benefit anyway so they don't have to care.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It amazes me that JonTron can have a twitter account going years where it's clear he is an honest to goodness white supremacist, has done an interview on Breitbart, continues to like and engage with white supremacists on twitter and has a two hour long video where he does nothing but hit every white supremacist talking point and there are still people who try and argue he isn't a white supremacist.

WHAT MORE DOES HE HAVE TO DO

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It amazes me that JonTron can have a twitter account going years where it's clear he is an honest to goodness white supremacist, has done an interview on Breitbart, continues to like and engage with white supremacists on twitter and has a two hour long video where he does nothing but hit every white supremacist talking point and there are still people who try and argue he isn't a white supremacist.

You say this as if there is a limit for his like-minded fans.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

lol
You know if you don't care, you don't have to post here, right? This bit is lame af.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It amazes me that JonTron can have a twitter account going years where it's clear he is an honest to goodness white supremacist,

It amazes me that a guy with the name Aryan. Jafari. is somehow white supremist, lmaao what a woorld and a damn shame the dude is still spouting racist garbage.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
A lot of people don't really care about white supremacy, whether because they're disinterested in everything outside internet memery, because they agree with it, or because it's to their benefit anyway so they don't have to care.
Definitely seems that way.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
Just say someone being a white supremacist doesn't bother you
Not true.

I am genuinely shocked every time I hear about a new white rally or supremacist speak out. It's batshit insane that there are people who still think this way. Especially recently finding out there is a group in my small City of 90k. It's disgusting.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Someone get Dan Harmon to watch the Destiny JonTron debate, so he knows who his partner is hiring.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
yeah a petition is piontless, just contact media, adult swim, the parent company time warner, and advertisers of the network of who Jon from is and his associate with justin.

They only cancelled Million Dollar Extreme (Painfully unfunny sketch comedy show by actual Neo-Nazis who didn't try to hide it) due to intense pressure; Mike Lazzo even defended the show until things got too hot.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not true.

I am genuinely shocked every time I hear about a new white rally or supremacist speak out. It's batshit insane that there are people who still think this way. Especially recently finding out there is a group in my small City of 90k. It's disgusting.
They still think that way because people like you enable them. You're part of the problem.

Oct 27, 2017

Hey, it's not like he's spoken out against race mixing or anything. Wait, hold on... I have a phone call.

Hello?

What do you mean he spoke out against race mixing? For real? Isn't this dude like, a second generation immigrant?

He said the most well off black man is more violent than than poor whites? What the fuck? Is he in the KKK or something? People still watch this chode?

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah, this is a pretty bad look. I'm nowhere near Roiland's level, but I work in media -- sometimes nerdy media -- and it's to the point where if I'm contacted by any nerd-culture-related outlet that I'm unfamiliar with, I have to do a "but are they nazis?" check before I even get back to them. It sucks that that's the case, but it's something you gotta do if you're remotely aware of the sociopolitical climate in America these days; I understand that we're dealing with weird sub-cultural overlap here, but it's getting harder to take the "how could he have known?" excuse seriously anymore.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They've run in similar circles for a while now. I know Arin from GameGrumps has mentioned how he's friends with Roiland on multiple occasions. It's not at all surprising to hear that the racist shitbag JonTron is also, at the very least, well acquainted with Roiland.

And no, I'm not trying to lump Arin in with this, and certainly not saying he supports his former partner's views. I was merely pointing out how they're all in similar circles within the larger scope of YouTube.
For what it's worth, Arin has done a lot of growing. And at some point shortly after Jon completely outed himself, the current Grumps were doing a live show where someone asked them if they were going to have Jon in an episode as a guest and they downright said that after everything that has come to light that they aren't ever bringing him back for anything.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Sheesh.

Dude was kinda sketchy as is, but... seriously? Seriously?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
He's part of the H3H3 inner circle. They all know each other and this is them tweeting after Jon got in trouble.

Fucking JonTron, good lord.

It's also such a damn shame to see what became of h3h3 over the past couple of years. I loved watching his low budget reaction videos in like 2014 or 2015 or something.

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Welp, time to remove this game from my wishlist then.

Why is jontron still a thing, What more can we do to deplatform him?

Mar 29, 2018
I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of Rick And Morty, but I'm not surprised in the slightest that someone who made that show would align themselves with someone like that.
It's somewhat surprising because Roiland is apparently very irritated that the alt right and incels worship Rick and Morty to the point that later episodes almost directly try to contradict them. Which makes you wonder how JonTron is part of his "inner circle".

Could be Harmon's influence I guess.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to defend anything Jontron has said in the past, but he has largely walked back what he's said and said he knows he doesn't believe the things he said in that debate with Destiny. He's a big time idiot but I think it's a little disingenuous to imply that he is legitimately a white supremacist.

Does he know he doesn't believe those things? Did he start advocating for the rights of people in the border? Against Trump administration treatment of that people? Did he supported AOC or other new predominant Democratic people that fights for inmigrante rights? Did he openly criticize Alt-right members?