• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
c8778bf37b5c4948b0065c4752855942_md.jpg
Justin Trudeau's blackface scandal is still a hot-button issue as the election for Canada's Prime Minister approaches ... as a couple of demonstrators were happy to remind him. He was greeted by a group of protesters, at one of his stops, decked out in blackface while holding up the old blackface photos of Trudeau that threw him into a storm of controversy.

The demonstrators also had signs reading, "We're Aladdin Too! Orillia Blackface Club Welcomes Trudeau." As we've reported ... the Canadian PM has been on the apology tour since a 2001 yearbook photo surfaced showing him in blackface when he was 29 years old. He claimed he was dressed as Aladdin but, after the initial scandal, 2 other instances surfaced where Trudeau wore blackface as part of a costume.

OldfashionedPowerlessHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this like the people who spammed racial slurs to get their Battlenet account banned because Blizzard wouldn't delete them?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i wasn't really sure what i was gonna find in here based on the title, but yep, checks out

thats some really low effort black face btw

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure what I expected, but white folk wearing blackface.. to protest the same thing wasnt on my list. Just.. wow.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I read it and thought nobody is dumb enough to do that while having good intentions Nd then I thought maybe they were black people with black makeup on or something

Nope

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The whole blackface thing is such a joke in Canada.

It's mostly a bunch of white conservatives who are "outraged" and trying to make it a wedge issue.

"If you vote for Trudeau you're racist!", countless bots on Twitter were trying to push it.

Meanwhile most people just moved on. Our media even gave up on it.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Somewhere in Montreal, QC, a man with green dreads is gasping for air.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The whole blackface thing is such a joke in Canada.

It's mostly a bunch of white conservatives who are "outraged" and trying to make it a wedge issue.

"If you vote for Trudeau you're racist!", countless bots on Twitter were trying to push it.

Meanwhile most people just moved on. Our media even gave up on it.
You'd think this would be painfully obvious to everyone, but if the last few years has taught me anything, it's that a ton of people are stupid and gullible.