AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
newjeans-new-jeans.gif

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNWVRvR8oCE

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Went to pick up the Now That's What I Call K-pop vinyl for kicks and found Jihyo's album on sale so I grabbed that as well.

ouGRe47.jpeg
QbcckvX.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
More MJH Kkt leaks. I have no idea how she figured that NJ was worth 1 trillion won or they should have these talks on kkt which would all be on the company (Hybe's) cloud server.

Article with the texts.

**[Exclusive] "NewJeans… valued at over 1 Trillion won" … Min Heejin, VP Lee's Text Messages Acquired**

[TVDaily Kim Jihyun Reporter]

TV Daily has obtained text conversations between ADOR CEO Min Heejin, VP Lee, and other key ADOR executives. These reconstructed messages reveal the conversations between CEO Min and VP Lee on the subject of the HYBE v. ADOR management rights conflict.

**"If we make things difficult for HYBE, ADOR will be free."
"It's important to move before BTS's military discharge." "In the end, we must use the public."**

This past February, VP Lee, known as CEO Min's right-hand, drafted a one-year plan for ADOR, starting from when all BTS members would complete their military service. The goal? Ador's Freedom(?). VP Lee suggested to CEO Min that they should make things** difficult for "them" (HYBE) in order to gain freedom for ADOR**. They criticized HYBE's multi-label structure and their delusion of setting up an IT business. They were dissatisfied with HYBE's management style and planned to formalize these complaints.

---

[2024 Feb 4th, Monday]

**VP Lee:** We need to move before BTS returns. From now until a year out.

**MHJ:** ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

**VP Lee:** Within 1 year, [we'll use] the Multi-label system, America disease (aka obsessed with expanding West), delusions of becoming a IT platform (aka making Weverse). If they're destined to get fXXXed, then let them get fXXXed, I guess… So we'll make things difficult for them and we'll get our freedom.

**MHJ:** That'd be nice.

**VP Lee:** This is my plan for ADOR

**MHJ:** Guess we're gonna have to use the public, ugh

**VP Lee:** If news about unfairly ousting [people/you] spreads, that too will cause people to lose trust in HYBE, right? If this kind of wide-spread damages builds up, there's be some large bleeding [from HYBE]

**MHJ:** We need to plan how to escape when HYBE is under attack

**MHJ:** This XXXXX (Name of Media outlet) Let's meet this dude sometime. XXX (analyst) introduced me to this reporter.

**VP Lee:** Ok, sounds good. We will proceed carefully. First, we'll meet and build rapport. Then, like the rain wets one's clothes (wtf so poetic), we'll meet accountants, competitors, investors, outside directors, stockbrokers, the media, and public institutions. We can start informally via personal networks, not publicly. Just like how you build your brand with your personal skills.

**MHJ:** You're right. It's better to do things personally.

**VP Lee:** At any rate, my plan for this February is to create these alliances externally (and paint a picture aka make it look good to outsiders), while cultivating ADOR's organizational strength.

---

[2024 March 15th, Friday]

**VP Lee:** No matter how I think about it, the damage we would suffer if the members leave would be too great (We would have to abandon all of the past albums and start over, and all the brand contracts are tied to ADOR).

**VP Lee:** But just as you said, I think we can use the price as a negotiating tool.

**VP Lee:** What I mean is, no matter how insanely high HYBE demands (to break the contract), it will be difficult to match that with their set amount (ex. 600 billion won, 10 billion won monthly * 60 months (5 years))

**VP Lee:** Even with the contract termination fees (600 billion) + new contract fees (100 billion) + initial company investment (20 billion), 720 billion will be enough.

**VP Lee:** If we negotiate this way, we may be able to meet at around 800 billion won.

**MHJ:** Noooo, you need you put their future value.

**MHJ:** It's fortunate that Bang Sihyuk and Park Jiwon have shitty luck ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

**MHJ:** So they'll definitely call for over 1 trillion won based on future evaluation.

**MHJ:** Hey. Those guys bought a company with nothing for 1 trillion won. Do you think they'd give up NewJeans for 800 billion? Do you have no common sense?

---

The same day, the conversation continued in detail. CEO Min's instructions regarding Vice President Lee's idea: **"Guess we're gonna have to use the public, ugh."** It was the 'mediaplay' that CEO Min claimed to hate so much.

CEO Min, who criticized HYBE's 'mediaplay' in a press conference earlier this month, devised a plan with VP Lee to make HYBE subject to public criticism. CEO Min believed that this moment would be the time to make ADOR independent. CEO Min and VP Lee even exchanged the names of media outlets and journalists to be mobilized via text. Reporter XXX from XXXXX.
This journalist had previously written several critical articles about HYBE. The journalist mentioned in the text was also introduced by an analyst who had directly analyzed VP Lee's documents, which were found by HYBE's audit.

**NewJeans's value is 1 trillion won. A calculation made by Min Heejin, who claims not to care about money.**

March 14th, their conversations progressed further into the so-called execution stage. If [errata, likely a typo for "despite"] claiming not to have met investors, CEO Min and VP Lee had already met with investors. Those investors' condition was NewJeans. Their condition was that all of the NewJeans members must be brought from HYBE. The next day, CEO Min and VP Lee calculated the compensation amount that would be incurred if they took NewJeans out of HYBE.

(Note, because Korean doesn't have pronouns, it's exceedingly difficult to interpret the above texts. The way they're worded makes it seem like they want to negotiate the price to be higher, even though that would obviously make it harder to break the contract. There's 2 possibilities. The unknown "they" is referring to investors and they want to try and milk more money, or "they" is referring to HYBE and they want to purposely hike up the price so that the investors change their initial condition of needing all members to break their contract. )

---

[2024 March 18th, Monday]

**VP Lee:** Hyung, do you know OOO Finance? There's someone named Chairman OOO.

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** Nope.

**VP Lee:** If you don't know them, then I guess they're not worth mentioning. Thank you.

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** They sound sus just from their name.

**VP Lee:** Agreed

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** Hey OO, I guess this guy has some money.

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** But even if they might not have enough to make a deal with you.

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** Is this person gonna be the financial backer?

**VP Lee:** I think so.

**VP Lee:** He nominated himself ㅋㅋㅋ

---

[2024 March 19th Tuesday]

**VP Lee:** GXX and XXX Investment firm, I heard these places have a lot of interest in K entertainment.

**VP Lee:** According to this hyung I know, It'll be much easier to find a FI (Financial Investor) rather than a SI (Strategic Investor), and it'll give us more freedom. The reason is:

**VP Lee:** 1. Strategic Investors (SI) will always try to move things in a way that benefits their own business. 2. Financial Investors (FI) just care about getting a profit out of their initial investment and won't interfere with our business. 3. After drawing the big picture, gaining sympathy from FIs, and growing independent from H, the ideal scenario is to grow the company to exit or go IPO, and I agree with him.

**VP Lee:** In addition, he thinks leaving the company to start anew or trying to terminate the contract now is too wasteful.

**VP Lee:** He added that it's not unheard of in the capital market for minority shareholders who effectively run the company to break through the control of the majority shareholder parent company to establish themselves as the actual owners.

**VP Lee:** The most important thing is the determination not to lose (this guy is sooo poetic for no reason)

**VP Lee:** He said things in such a hopeful light. That person.

**VP Lee:** Well, other than that, he also said stuff like, 'hide your claws' and 'even if it's dirty, endure.' But I felt that the important thing was the information.

---

VP Lee calculated the contract termination fees, new contract fees, and new agency investment fees for NewJeans. He estimated that they needed to secure approximately 800 billion won. CEO Min lashed out at the 800 billion won estimate. According to CEO Min, the value of NewJeans exceeded 1 trillion won. She insisted that they should demand an amount over 1 trillion won from investors.

As CEO Min has previously stated, all of these conversations can be considered 'casual talk' and 'jokes' amongst colleagues. However, it is undeniable fact that their plans moved beyond just text and into action. On March 18th, VP Lee spoke to the head of a private equity firm to confirm that he had found an investor willing to invest in ADOR. It was Chairman XXX of XXX Finance. According to them, Chairman XXX is the **'new financial backer.'** (Note, '쩐주' or JJeonju, is slang for Jeonju '전주', meaning investor.)

Making their plan a reality was not easy. After discussion, they concluded that terminating NewJeans' exclusive contract and taking NewJeans out of HYBE would not be easy (no shit, dumbasses). CEO Min, VP Lee, and Min's close associates planned to leverage ADOR's shares. The idea was for the minority shareholders to become the actual owners of ADOR. CEO Min possesses 18% of ADOR's shares, and the remaining 2% is held by her close associates, including VP Lee.

CEO Min previously stated in her press conference that, "it is impossible to try and attempt a takeover against HYBE, who owns 80% of the shares." However, CEO Min dreamed that impossible dream. She responded to VP Lee's statement, "it's not unheard of in the capital market for minority shareholders who effectively run the company to break through the control of the majority shareholder parent company to establish themselves as the actual owners" by saying it was 'hopeful.' CEO Min wanted to become the owner of ADOR.

---

[2024 March 30th, Saturday]

**MHJ:** Direct internal complaint: The parents must be the ones to file it to HYBE.

**ADOR Employee K:** Oh, okay.

**MHJ:** What did you think I meant when I said direct internal complaint (likely referring unshown conversations above)

**K:** That's how I initially understood it as well when I told you my opinion. Given that the internal complaint might become public knowledge, my opinion was that we should consider releasing an article first before filing the complaint.

**MHJ:** Why?

**K:** As I said in my opinion, it will be seen negatively if family members get involved in any way. From our perspective, it might be better to control the public opinion more first and then make it a public issue.

**MHJ:** Huh? I don't understand.

**MHJ:** If it is revealed that ADOR leaked the article, it might cause contractual issues.

**MHJ:** ADOR cannot engage in fraudulent acts, so the parents' complaint must be confirmed first.

**K:** I might be saying this because I'm not fully aware of the contract details.

**MHJ:** But you're speaking from a general perspective, which is also worth listening to.

---

[2024 April 20th Saturday]

**MHJ:** But even if we don't make an external announcement and just quietly talk internally about selling ADOR or whatever,

**MHJ:** We'll become the people getting sold and lose control of the situation. Do you understand what I'm saying?

**MHJ:** I don't know what the purpose of the risk you're talking about is.

**MHJ:** And what risk does the FTC have?

**MHJ:** whether they investigate us or not, whether that investigation fizzles out or not

**MHJ:** By then, the album-pushing issue will be widespread and the entire world will be going nuts.

**MHJ:** It's better for us to just quickly say something publicly in this situation.

**MHJ:** The best thing would be for HYBE to come and try and compromise with me to try and prevent this terrible situation.

**MHJ:** Then we can roughly say, oh, we'll try and talk about it publicly or something.

---

**CEO Min: "NewJeans' parents need to act first"**

On March 29th, VP Lee wrote the controversial 'work note' that he called a 'personal memo' to the media. This was right after CEO Min had met with the parents of the NewJeans members. The memo outlined grievances against HYBE and the process of informing the media about these issues. It included points such as ▶ PR press releases, not saying hello▶ Stealing concepts ▶ Promoting it as the first girl group, among others.

The contents here closely align with CEO Min's official stance that her conflict with HYBE stems from internal whistleblowing, not a coup to seize management control. Issues like the new girl group ILLIT, who are under HYBE's subsidiary BELIFT Lab, being accused of copying NewJeans, and the delay in NewJeans' debut compared to LE SSERAFIM were also raised.

One highlighted point was the mention of the term **"moral hazard."** VP Lee planned to undermine HYBE's ethical standards (i.e. the public's view of HYBE as ethical). This sheds light on why CEO Min framed herself as a 'whistleblower.' Those that framed the term, 'moral hazard' then moved quickly. CEO Min instructed that an email containing these contents be sent to HYBE on April 3rd. They also pre-planned the time to inform the media—April 11—anticipating that HYBE would deny the accusations, and planned to launch a public opinion campaign.

CEO Min actively used and involved NewJeans' parents. She told VP Lee and her close associates that the parents should be the one to raise issues with HYBE first. ADOR could not directly perform these acts, so the plan was to have the parents raise the issues first and then ADOR would step in.

Last edited:

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
More MJH Kkt leaks. I have no idea how she figured that NJ was worth 1 trillion won or they should have these talks on kkt which would all be on the company (Hybe's) cloud server.

Article with the texts.

**[Exclusive] "NewJeans… valued at over 1 Trillion won" … Min Heejin, VP Lee's Text Messages Acquired**

[TVDaily Kim Jihyun Reporter]

TV Daily has obtained text conversations between ADOR CEO Min Heejin, VP Lee, and other key ADOR executives. These reconstructed messages reveal the conversations between CEO Min and VP Lee on the subject of the HYBE v. ADOR management rights conflict.

**"If we make things difficult for HYBE, ADOR will be free."
"It's important to move before BTS's military discharge." "In the end, we must use the public."**

This past February, VP Lee, known as CEO Min's right-hand, drafted a one-year plan for ADOR, starting from when all BTS members would complete their military service. The goal? Ador's Freedom(?). VP Lee suggested to CEO Min that they should make things** difficult for "them" (HYBE) in order to gain freedom for ADOR**. They criticized HYBE's multi-label structure and their delusion of setting up an IT business. They were dissatisfied with HYBE's management style and planned to formalize these complaints.

---

[2024 Feb 4th, Monday]

**VP Lee:** We need to move before BTS returns. From now until a year out.

**MHJ:** ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

**VP Lee:** Within 1 year, [we'll use] the Multi-label system, America disease (aka obsessed with expanding West), delusions of becoming a IT platform (aka making Weverse). If they're destined to get fXXXed, then let them get fXXXed, I guess… So we'll make things difficult for them and we'll get our freedom.

**MHJ:** That'd be nice.

**VP Lee:** This is my plan for ADOR

**MHJ:** Guess we're gonna have to use the public, ugh

**VP Lee:** If news about unfairly ousting [people/you] spreads, that too will cause people to lose trust in HYBE, right? If this kind of wide-spread damages builds up, there's be some large bleeding [from HYBE]

**MHJ:** We need to plan how to escape when HYBE is under attack

**MHJ:** This XXXXX (Name of Media outlet) Let's meet this dude sometime. XXX (analyst) introduced me to this reporter.

**VP Lee:** Ok, sounds good. We will proceed carefully. First, we'll meet and build rapport. Then, like the rain wets one's clothes (wtf so poetic), we'll meet accountants, competitors, investors, outside directors, stockbrokers, the media, and public institutions. We can start informally via personal networks, not publicly. Just like how you build your brand with your personal skills.

**MHJ:** You're right. It's better to do things personally.

**VP Lee:** At any rate, my plan for this February is to create these alliances externally (and paint a picture aka make it look good to outsiders), while cultivating ADOR's organizational strength.

---

[2024 March 15th, Friday]

**VP Lee:** No matter how I think about it, the damage we would suffer if the members leave would be too great (We would have to abandon all of the past albums and start over, and all the brand contracts are tied to ADOR).

**VP Lee:** But just as you said, I think we can use the price as a negotiating tool.

**VP Lee:** What I mean is, no matter how insanely high HYBE demands (to break the contract), it will be difficult to match that with their set amount (ex. 600 billion won, 10 billion won monthly * 60 months (5 years))

**VP Lee:** Even with the contract termination fees (600 billion) + new contract fees (100 billion) + initial company investment (20 billion), 720 billion will be enough.

**VP Lee:** If we negotiate this way, we may be able to meet at around 800 billion won.

**MHJ:** Noooo, you need you put their future value.

**MHJ:** It's fortunate that Bang Sihyuk and Park Jiwon have shitty luck ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

**MHJ:** So they'll definitely call for over 1 trillion won based on future evaluation.

**MHJ:** Hey. Those guys bought a company with nothing for 1 trillion won. Do you think they'd give up NewJeans for 800 billion? Do you have no common sense?

---

The same day, the conversation continued in detail. CEO Min's instructions regarding Vice President Lee's idea: **"Guess we're gonna have to use the public, ugh."** It was the 'mediaplay' that CEO Min claimed to hate so much.

CEO Min, who criticized HYBE's 'mediaplay' in a press conference earlier this month, devised a plan with VP Lee to make HYBE subject to public criticism. CEO Min believed that this moment would be the time to make ADOR independent. CEO Min and VP Lee even exchanged the names of media outlets and journalists to be mobilized via text. Reporter XXX from XXXXX.
This journalist had previously written several critical articles about HYBE. The journalist mentioned in the text was also introduced by an analyst who had directly analyzed VP Lee's documents, which were found by HYBE's audit.

**NewJeans's value is 1 trillion won. A calculation made by Min Heejin, who claims not to care about money.**

March 14th, their conversations progressed further into the so-called execution stage. If [errata, likely a typo for "despite"] claiming not to have met investors, CEO Min and VP Lee had already met with investors. Those investors' condition was NewJeans. Their condition was that all of the NewJeans members must be brought from HYBE. The next day, CEO Min and VP Lee calculated the compensation amount that would be incurred if they took NewJeans out of HYBE.

(Note, because Korean doesn't have pronouns, it's exceedingly difficult to interpret the above texts. The way they're worded makes it seem like they want to negotiate the price to be higher, even though that would obviously make it harder to break the contract. There's 2 possibilities. The unknown "they" is referring to investors and they want to try and milk more money, or "they" is referring to HYBE and they want to purposely hike up the price so that the investors change their initial condition of needing all members to break their contract. )

---

[2024 March 18th, Monday]

**VP Lee:** Hyung, do you know OOO Finance? There's someone named Chairman OOO.

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** Nope.

**VP Lee:** If you don't know them, then I guess they're not worth mentioning. Thank you.

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** They sound sus just from their name.

**VP Lee:** Agreed

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** Hey OO, I guess this guy has some money.

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** But even if they might not have enough to make a deal with you.

**Private Equity Firm CEO:** Is this person gonna be the financial backer?

**VP Lee:** I think so.

**VP Lee:** He nominated himself ㅋㅋㅋ

---

[2024 March 19th Tuesday]

**VP Lee:** GXX and XXX Investment firm, I heard these places have a lot of interest in K entertainment.

**VP Lee:** According to this hyung I know, It'll be much easier to find a FI (Financial Investor) rather than a SI (Strategic Investor), and it'll give us more freedom. The reason is:

**VP Lee:** 1. Strategic Investors (SI) will always try to move things in a way that benefits their own business. 2. Financial Investors (FI) just care about getting a profit out of their initial investment and won't interfere with our business. 3. After drawing the big picture, gaining sympathy from FIs, and growing independent from H, the ideal scenario is to grow the company to exit or go IPO, and I agree with him.

**VP Lee:** In addition, he thinks leaving the company to start anew or trying to terminate the contract now is too wasteful.

**VP Lee:** He added that it's not unheard of in the capital market for minority shareholders who effectively run the company to break through the control of the majority shareholder parent company to establish themselves as the actual owners.

**VP Lee:** The most important thing is the determination not to lose (this guy is sooo poetic for no reason)

**VP Lee:** He said things in such a hopeful light. That person.

**VP Lee:** Well, other than that, he also said stuff like, 'hide your claws' and 'even if it's dirty, endure.' But I felt that the important thing was the information.

---

VP Lee calculated the contract termination fees, new contract fees, and new agency investment fees for NewJeans. He estimated that they needed to secure approximately 800 billion won. CEO Min lashed out at the 800 billion won estimate. According to CEO Min, the value of NewJeans exceeded 1 trillion won. She insisted that they should demand an amount over 1 trillion won from investors.

As CEO Min has previously stated, all of these conversations can be considered 'casual talk' and 'jokes' amongst colleagues. However, it is undeniable fact that their plans moved beyond just text and into action. On March 18th, VP Lee spoke to the head of a private equity firm to confirm that he had found an investor willing to invest in ADOR. It was Chairman XXX of XXX Finance. According to them, Chairman XXX is the **'new financial backer.'** (Note, '쩐주' or JJeonju, is slang for Jeonju '전주', meaning investor.)

Making their plan a reality was not easy. After discussion, they concluded that terminating NewJeans' exclusive contract and taking NewJeans out of HYBE would not be easy (no shit, dumbasses). CEO Min, VP Lee, and Min's close associates planned to leverage ADOR's shares. The idea was for the minority shareholders to become the actual owners of ADOR. CEO Min possesses 18% of ADOR's shares, and the remaining 2% is held by her close associates, including VP Lee.

CEO Min previously stated in her press conference that, "it is impossible to try and attempt a takeover against HYBE, who owns 80% of the shares." However, CEO Min dreamed that impossible dream. She responded to VP Lee's statement, "it's not unheard of in the capital market for minority shareholders who effectively run the company to break through the control of the majority shareholder parent company to establish themselves as the actual owners" by saying it was 'hopeful.' CEO Min wanted to become the owner of ADOR.

---

[2024 March 30th, Saturday]

**MHJ:** Direct internal complaint: The parents must be the ones to file it to HYBE.

**ADOR Employee K:** Oh, okay.

**MHJ:** What did you think I meant when I said direct internal complaint (likely referring unshown conversations above)

**K:** That's how I initially understood it as well when I told you my opinion. Given that the internal complaint might become public knowledge, my opinion was that we should consider releasing an article first before filing the complaint.

**MHJ:** Why?

**K:** As I said in my opinion, it will be seen negatively if family members get involved in any way. From our perspective, it might be better to control the public opinion more first and then make it a public issue.

**MHJ:** Huh? I don't understand.

**MHJ:** If it is revealed that ADOR leaked the article, it might cause contractual issues.

**MHJ:** ADOR cannot engage in fraudulent acts, so the parents' complaint must be confirmed first.

**K:** I might be saying this because I'm not fully aware of the contract details.

**MHJ:** But you're speaking from a general perspective, which is also worth listening to.

---

[2024 April 20th Saturday]

**MHJ:** But even if we don't make an external announcement and just quietly talk internally about selling ADOR or whatever,

**MHJ:** We'll become the people getting sold and lose control of the situation. Do you understand what I'm saying?

**MHJ:** I don't know what the purpose of the risk you're talking about is.

**MHJ:** And what risk does the FTC have?

**MHJ:** whether they investigate us or not, whether that investigation fizzles out or not

**MHJ:** By then, the album-pushing issue will be widespread and the entire world will be going nuts.

**MHJ:** It's better for us to just quickly say something publicly in this situation.

**MHJ:** The best thing would be for HYBE to come and try and compromise with me to try and prevent this terrible situation.

**MHJ:** Then we can roughly say, oh, we'll try and talk about it publicly or something.

---

**CEO Min: "NewJeans' parents need to act first"**

On March 29th, VP Lee wrote the controversial 'work note' that he called a 'personal memo' to the media. This was right after CEO Min had met with the parents of the NewJeans members. The memo outlined grievances against HYBE and the process of informing the media about these issues. It included points such as ▶ PR press releases, not saying hello▶ Stealing concepts ▶ Promoting it as the first girl group, among others.

The contents here closely align with CEO Min's official stance that her conflict with HYBE stems from internal whistleblowing, not a coup to seize management control. Issues like the new girl group ILLIT, who are under HYBE's subsidiary BELIFT Lab, being accused of copying NewJeans, and the delay in NewJeans' debut compared to LE SSERAFIM were also raised.

One highlighted point was the mention of the term **"moral hazard."** VP Lee planned to undermine HYBE's ethical standards (i.e. the public's view of HYBE as ethical). This sheds light on why CEO Min framed herself as a 'whistleblower.' Those that framed the term, 'moral hazard' then moved quickly. CEO Min instructed that an email containing these contents be sent to HYBE on April 3rd. They also pre-planned the time to inform the media—April 11—anticipating that HYBE would deny the accusations, and planned to launch a public opinion campaign.

CEO Min actively used and involved NewJeans' parents. She told VP Lee and her close associates that the parents should be the one to raise issues with HYBE first. ADOR could not directly perform these acts, so the plan was to have the parents raise the issues first and then ADOR would step in.
MHJ must have gone mad from success, Jesus Christ. Poor girls gets thrown around by her and their parent's greed.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Man, this aespa album sucks. Sonically it's all over the place and none of the songs hit for me outside of Supernova. Armageddon is okay, I guess, but the rest? I don't think I'll listen to any of that again. Bahama might be one of the worst K-pop songs I've heard all year. What a disappointment.

Thank god we have Yves and ARTMS later this week.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
It has a few interesting songs but overall it's kinda messy without a lot of standout songs and it's their first full length too. Really puts in perspective how amazing it is that IVE's I AM was such a great full length album and so soon after their debut.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
RM's Lost debuted #28 on the Global Spotify chart with 3.23m streams. Newjeans How Sweet at #118 with 1.64m streams. Bubblegum did not even chart meaning #201+. This is NJ worst performing Global Spotify debut for any of their comebacks.

View: https://x.com/hourlybyme/status/1794375028827718090?t=a19qo5C5-Cmtycv__wNB_w&s=19

Catching up on this thread but what was the point of posting this?

We know that NewJean's popularity comes from its domestic performance with the Korean GP. Having both Bubblegum and How Sweet at 2 and 3 on Melon are bigger feats than any Spotify debut/stream performance.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

We know that NewJean's popularity comes from its domestic performance with the Korean GP. Having both Bubblegum and How Sweet at 2 and 3 on Melon are bigger feats than any Spotify debut/stream performance.
Pointing out that a song is the worst performing in the global market is just as valid as posting them getting a pak or whatever.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
aespa continuing to solidify themselves as the group with arguably the best bridges in the biz (Mine in particular is so good). I'm not sure if they'll be able to reach the same cohesiveness for an album that the Savage EP had, but this is still much better than the Drama EP in that regard. I just love how distinct each of their voices are too.

The Armageddon MV is truly absurd. Absolutely wild visually.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Armageddon feels all over the place. I don't dislike it.. but it's definitely one of those songs that is going to take another couple listens for me to get used to.

Oct 25, 2017

You can point out a songs performance without necessarily having to compare given the current Hybe BS.

That was just me posting them (NJ/RM) back to back since they came out the same day. Like I'm not going to post the RM results in a different post. The numbers were released around the same time so I posted them together. Then this is NJ worst performing comeback on Global Spotify which I reported. Like these are straight facts. I was just reporting the news.

Lol, I didn't even go into any of the actual Hybe bs into that post which I could of. If you click on the the X post of NJ numbers and hit quotes it's full of them. Yes, getting #2/#3 in Korea is huge but in the grand scheme of things it isn't really. US is the #1 biggest market in the music industry with Japan being #2. Which is why you see Kpop groups trying to make it big overseas. Or why Kpop groups freak out when they get a Billboard Hot 100 or get on the Billboard 200 Global charts. Spotify is a huge part of leading to that success since it's primarily a Western thing. If you have a big debut number on Global Spotify or alot of Spotify monthly listeners you are breaking into that international market. For Japan, you want to be big on Apple Music. Kpop groups usually end up touring in Japan with a Japanese release as soon as their Korean comeback ends.

NJ is actually big overseas. They're not BP level but they are the biggest 4th gen gg group internationally. They are actually a very Western focused Kpop group. I forgot what the actual breakdown number is. But the percentage of English in all there songs is like 60%+. Get Up EP was collab with the Powerpuff Girls. ETA was a Iphone ad. Zero was a Coke ad. Gods was a League of Legends collaboration. This comeback is also overseas market focused. Bubble Gum is from a Japanese shampoo ad. How Sweet Is a giant Coke ad which is an American company. Their next comeback Supernatural big event final venue is supposed to be the Tokyo Dome. No idea if any of the 2 songs end up being ad related.

Now chart comparasions tend to happen even if they are good or bad. For example, this week box office numbers. I've seen Furiousa and liked it but the box numbers for it aren't good. It's been reported that it's one of the worst Memorial Day 4 day opening numbers in 3 decades or since Casper with it's $32 million. Now let's go back to Kpop. RM is the like an inverse NJ. He's big overseas but considered niche in Korea even though he is part of BTS. He got #28 on Global Spotify Charts. #1 on Apple Music which the Japan metric. But I'm not seeing any Korea chart numbers so they must be really bad.

Now onto NJ. Here's the Global Spotify debuts of their other songs with the 2023 ranking.

1. Super Shy 2.49m
4. Ditto 1.96m
6. Newjeans 1.82m
8. OMG 1.74m.

How Sweet 1.64m

That is even with it having Spotify Playlisting of 108 with a reach of 27.8M. Newjeans also has 16.5 monthly Spotify listeners (3rd highest Kpop gg). There is a drop-off internationally on Spotify while Korea they are killing it. Bare in mind, it's too early for us to get Billboard numbers. They should end up on the Billboard Global 200 and How Sweet should end up on the Billboard Hot 100 if NJ US Billboard trends continue. If not...... My take is Korea has been very pro MHJ so the controversy has actually worked in their favor. The only problem is if they can step on Aespa's Supernova to get a RAK. For Spotify, the Hybe/BTS smear campaign has been looked negatively by Western audiences. So the fallout could be it ended up alienating Hybe/Army casual NJ listeners.

View: https://x.com/cicekjin/status/1794380047408886152?t=ZSstK-rvfVhfPvB2a-jgRQ&s=19

Last edited:

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019

View: https://youtu.be/TshYHZESTr4?si=JRf4-lzNBjsJulb6
youtu.be

[sub] 루프탑에서 핫걸들의 파티 🍸✨ 완전 럭키오프자나~ | 혤's club🍸 ep15 키스오브라이프

텐션 역대급 인정…👍🏻이제부터 엔딩에 다음화 예고가 올라옵니다!다음 게스트는 실존하는 변우석 🫢
Great episode of 혤's Club featuring KIOF. Bobsky's first alcoholic drink with the girls since turning 19. Belle shows off her ability to completely transform into Seohyun from SNSD. It's a funny, chill episode. I don't think Hyeri has had too many episodes where the guests showed up super late having just finished work. I know they have to be "on" since it's a show, but it seemed like they were ready to unwind, which is a side of idol life I don't think gets shown much.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
"just reporting the news" bro you keep posting these 200-300 follower BTS stan accounts like they have anything meaningful to say. These people's feeds are near identical and spend their time shitting on NewJeans and other girlgroups like Blackpink (mainly Jennie because she dated V) just because they don't want any female idols near their precious mililtary boyfriends.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_IB-0dclkM

www.youtube.com

[리무진서비스] EP.116 에스파 닝닝 | aespa NINGNING | Thirsty, Be Natural, Paper Hearts, 숨소리

#에스파 #닝닝 #aespa #NINGNING#이무진 #LEEMUJIN #리무진서비스00:00 Thirsty04:06 Be Natural (원곡: S.E.S.)11:44 Paper Hearts (원곡: Tori Kelly)23:53 숨소리 (원곡: S.M. THE BALLAD)최상...

Ning not even promoting any of the new songs, but instead repping Thirsty, maybe my favorite of their b-sides (and my top song from last year). Love it.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Listened to the aespa album, and I didn't think it was any good.

Supernova and Armageddon were the only ones that stood out unfortunately. Licorice too I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
"just reporting the news" bro you keep posting these 200-300 follower BTS stan accounts like they have anything meaningful to say. These people's feeds are near identical and spend their time shitting on NewJeans and other girlgroups like Blackpink (mainly Jennie because she dated V) just because they don't want any female idols near their precious mililtary boyfriends.

Lol, I used that particular X post since it showed the Spotify playlist amount. If it was a number that was doctored then I would agree with you that it's a iffy source. FYI that poster has 500+ followers. Follower numbers count doesn't really mean much at the end of the day. Pannchoa has 182k, Allkpop has 6.1m, Koreaboo has 2.5m followers respectively. Those 3 are the most bs sources in all of Kpop.

Looks like Bubblegum debuted at #200 on the Global Spotify with 1.21m streams. I don't know why Spotify reported it's number the day after. How Sweet and Bubblegum debuted on the same day.

View: https://x.com/PopBase/status/1795391883130397139?t=zann6s2td-u8_BJHyyr1Xg&s=19

Last edited:

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
For someone who's been ranting about ulterior motives and all kinds of inane shit these past weeks you don't seem to apply that same level of scrutiny to dubious sources that are saying what you want to hear was my point.

And that user is following 500 accounts. Not followed by that many. The followed by number is like I said, 200. So you definitely didn't appraise your "news" source very closely at all.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know the objective is to show how much all the HYBE mess may be affecting NewJeans performance, but I don't see it. It seems like a natural drop, considering most people were pretty lukewarm about the songs (specially Bubble Gum), and there were stronger releases from other groups this month.

Anyway, I'm getting flashbacks from a certain 4minute poster... Those were fun times. Weird, but fun.

Oct 25, 2017
I was using that post as a visual reference since you need a paid account to access it. If you want to check it yourself this is the website.

Spotify Info Website

Yeah, I know the objective is to show how much all the HYBE mess may be affecting NewJeans performance, but I don't see it. It seems like a natural drop, considering most people were pretty lukewarm about the songs (specially Bubble Gum), and there were stronger releases from other groups this month.

I mean it's really to early to tell. Like I said we don't even have Billboard results yet. Bubble Gum could be attributed to a natural drop since that been out for a while. How Sweet is the weird one. They had all that Spotify reach and it's been like 8-10 months since the last comeback. How Sweet has only been out for a like a 1-2 days so interest for it should be at all time high. But it underperformed debut wise. For all we know this could just be a outlier comeback. If Supernatural debuts low as well then it would be concerning since it's now a pattern.

Last edited:

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Loop is so good. Love Diorama as well. The other two songs aren't bad but a little less for me. Great debut EP. Good for Yves ❤️.

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/1j8kzYnKuztDWliT8V8Qto

Thanks for posting this, like all 4 songs, especially Goldfish. Afterglow sounds a bit generic, and could do without the rap parts on Loop but good EP overall, very pretty voice.

Indie/YT stuff:
youtu.be

[I'm LIVE] Ep.340 MRCH(윤마치) _ Full Episode

✏윤마치(MRCH) 사용설명서✏ by 윤마치(MRCH)00:00 Lovers사랑하는 방법을 잊지 맙시다!우리 모두 한 때는 사랑꾼이었으니까요.Let's not forget how to love because we were born to love and be loved04:58 나인...
youtu.be

[MV] KyoungSeo(경서) _ Cherry Pink(너는 나를 뭐라 부를래)

[MV] KyoungSeo(경서) _ Cherry Pink(너는 나를 뭐라 부를래)K-POP Wonderland, 1theKK-POP의 모든 즐거움을 1theK(원더케이)에서 만나보세요! :)Welcome to the official YouTube channel of K-POP W...
youtu.be

[라이징보이스] Seori(서리), 문수진(MoonSujin)ㅣ딩고뮤직ㅣDingo Music

이 영상에 빠져든다… Seori, 문수진 목소리에 빠져든다🤭00:00 Seori 등장00:24 긴 밤 (Feat. 기리보이)01:31 Full Moon03:30 Running through the night04:56 Dive with you (Feat. eaJ)06:28 Kill...
youtu.be

[FULL FOCUS] 고려대학교 축제 QWER (큐더블유이알) Full ver.ㅣ240525 입실렌티 지.야의 함성 IPSELENTI

2024 고려대학교 입실렌티 지.야의 함성 IPSELENTI – QWER (큐더블유이알) FULL VER.QWER_LIVE FULL VER @ KOREA UNIVERSITY FESTIVAL[TIMELINE]00:00 등장09:07 Discord11:55 SODA15:58 Forev...
(starts at ~9:00) Outfits are amazing ^^

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/4VvqrXzNngybPrJX3B5WNz?si=45bbe5110f724c83%20https://open.spotify.com/track/2ru44wuCWKS7tUE8P2L6ZK?si=eb6e95b76b014b3c

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/2ru44wuCWKS7tUE8P2L6ZK?si=eb6e95b76b014b3c

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/5COkVzFpPDKxpVxAClg7WE?si=5ae3e48fb5f046fb

Earth Arcade was amazing. So happy it has subs on release and is on youtube. So much easier this way. Episode was so funny, the planning part and the actual driving. Was nice and refreshing to see Yujin this way too. She wasn't an idol when she was driving lol.

Yep, was super fun, man did I miss this show.
I was shocked at the ppl they were able to get, Mercedes AND McDs? This is some next level ish.
And poor Yujin, must be a nightmare having to navigate that tank after just getting your drivers license ^^