• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
hahahahaha this is great. And yes, fans will like even the most annoying song (or pretend to).

Anyway, aespa grew on me in the last couple years, so looking forward to the album.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/-8ECgGWuoew?si=JEoJVhKlMk4X3fS_

youtu.be

Kep1er 케플러 l 'Straight Line' M/V

Kep1er Japan 1st Album <Kep1going> 2024.5.8 WED RELEASEhttps://kep1er.lnk.to/EKBt62https://Kep1er.lnk.to/TdpolDKep1er Official 【JP】Official Site:https://kep1...

Not gonna lie, that chorus is pretty good.

Also this group seems like it has a lot of potential, hope they deliver.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_1jltlUdho

For them to be hiding their faces, BPM either wants the buzz from people trying to guess the members, or they really do have some previously known girls in the group.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
What's the point in having a time limit for groups created from certain audition shows?
I dig ZEROBASEONE's stuff, but knowing that they won't last long kinda hampers my enjoyment.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
What's the point in having a time limit for groups created from certain audition shows?
I dig ZEROBASEONE's stuff, but knowing that they won't last long kinda hampers my enjoyment.
Because the members are from different companies, so they usually aren't permanent.

ZEROBASEONE has a decent chance of extending their contract though, since they're doing so well and the members all seem very close.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Because the members are from different companies, so they usually aren't permanent.

ZEROBASEONE has a decent chance of extending their contract though, since they're doing so well and the members all seem very close.

Makes me think of IZ*ONE a bit though. Might just take one Starship knowing they have gold (Wonyoung & Yujin), as well as a number of trainess waiting for them and wanting them to debut in their own group to get all the potential profits for themselves instead of continuing to lend them out. I also have the same feelings a lot of the time with many surival show groups. It's why i liked R U Next, despite some of its problems, since ILLIT was known to be a fixed group from the start.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Makes me think of IZ*ONE a bit though. Might just take one Starship knowing they have gold (Wonyoung & Yujin), as well as a number of trainess waiting for them and wanting them to debut in their own group to get all the potential profits for themselves instead of continuing to lend them out. I also have the same feelings a lot of the time with many surival show groups. It's why i liked R U Next, despite some of its problems, since ILLIT was known to be a fixed group from the start.
That's a possibility, but IZ*ONE were part of a vote rigging scandal so their chances of staying together were very low regardless.

A big part of ZB1's success is the chemistry the members have, and more often than not when popular temporary groups are broken up, the resulting splinter groups aren't as profitable. (Of course there are successful ones too, but it's a gamble.) I think the companies involved would be wise to support the good thing they already have going, but that's just my take on things. Companies are also frequently stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
I get that for fans of these temporary groups they don't want them to break up, but without knowing the actual financial splits on these project groups for all the companies involved, it feels like people grasping at straws to justify there position beyond just 'I want it'.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I get that for fans of these temporary groups they don't want them to break up, but without knowing the actual financial splits on these project groups for all the companies involved, it feels like people grasping at straws to justify there position beyond just 'I want it'.

Interesting, I wasn't aware the members technically weren't from the same company. Thank you!

Speaking of ZB1, a great early summer tune
youtu.be

ZEROBASEONE (제로베이스원) 'SWEAT' Special Summer Video

ZEROBASEONE (제로베이스원) 'SWEAT' Special Summer VideoMore about ZEROBASEONEhttps://linktr.ee/zb1_official✔Pre-Release Single [𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗧]2024.04.24 18:00 (KST)✔T...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting, I wasn't aware the members technically weren't from the same company. Thank you!

Speaking of ZB1, a great early summer tune
youtu.be

ZEROBASEONE (제로베이스원) 'SWEAT' Special Summer Video

ZEROBASEONE (제로베이스원) 'SWEAT' Special Summer VideoMore about ZEROBASEONEhttps://linktr.ee/zb1_official✔Pre-Release Single [𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗧]2024.04.24 18:00 (KST)✔T...
Sweat is a great start to summer for Kpop. Really fun and refreshing. Also, we have to stan for fair line distribution. 😎

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
If you want to read what was said at the MHJ conference. Here's a link to an English translation.

MHJ English translation.
Still going through the press conference but she can fuck off for dragging LSF into it. She knows damn well the amount of shit they've been getting. To suddenly dump a LSF vs NewJeans thing into the middle of this is really disgusting. Just making it a million times worse for the girls.

Also, not really sure I buy her excuse for dragging LSF into it, given that fromis_9 exists and now ILLIT is there. Seems to me that there wasn't much of a concern that NewJeans may miss their debut because of HYBE having too many girl groups.

Everything up to that point doesn't really help her case either. From her telling everyone she's not used to the cameras to all the times she speaks for people who shouldn't be made a part of this and can't/won't be able to speak for themselves. Always in service of talking herself up in a way that has literally nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Edit: Just finished it. Not entirely sure what she thought she did here. She started off the press conference saying she'd reveal the truth, and then she filibustered for two hours and never presented anything.

Last edited:

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
If you want to read what was said at the MHJ conference. Here's a link to an English translation.

MHJ English translation.
This whole press conference literally has everything from emotional appeals, business war, throwing uninvolved idols under the bus, her lawyers basically saying she is confused and casual mentions of how she got in touch with shamans to ask about the business direction.

Not entirely sure what she was going for but i doubt this is going to help her case, infact after this i'm more inclined to believe these reports of how she has been leaking private information of idols to discredit them.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This whole press conference literally has everything from emotional appeals, business war, throwing uninvolved idols under the bus, her lawyers basically saying she is confused and casual mentions of how she got in touch with shamans to ask about the business direction.

Not entirely sure what she was going for but i doubt this is going to help her case, infact after this i'm more inclined to believe these reports of how she has been leaking private information of idols to discredit them.

The public actually largely agrees with her.

It's helped by the fact that korean netizens have noticed a rather huge astroturfing campaign by Hybe recently.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
This is one of those "two things can be true" situations with HYBE and MJH. Or rather, two sides can be assholes. It's just a matter of which asshole is right in this specific situation, and I have a really hard time believing the person who repeatedly performs ventriloquism for children, young women, and their parents while also using her platform to send a hate mob to some of those young women's friends in another girl group.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I watched the whole press conference live, she's insane. Newjeans did hanbok concept first, newjeans did ads first and then hybe copied it with illit! All the shit talking of illit and LSF, begging her shaman to send BTS to the army so she could win.

And the whole time playing a massive victim card because hybe has lawyers! The multi millionaire says with 2 lawyers sitting next to her lol. 2 hour rant and in the end all she did was dig a deeper hole for herself and had 0 proof about the actual allegations.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
To be clear, she never talks about using Shamans to send BTS away. That was a report that dropped before the press con. The only thing she said on it was that it's not true.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to side with her. Sure, she's messy, but HYBE is doing too much. Let NewJeans go, they already have plenty of groups and ILLIT seems like a backup plan in case something like this happened.

Yes the two groups aren't identical, but like I said before, "Magnetic" could've easily been a NewJeans song. It's absolutely in the same wheelhouse.

You can't tell me no one saw the similarities.

Trigger