• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing is just so messy. I just hope the actual NewJeans members are ok. The weird comment about Minji and her age was a bit off-putting.
Me too. While ILLIT does appear to be a slight copy, none of the idols deserve any hate. The greedy executives should get all of that. Cause all of this could've easily been avoided.

My hope: NewJeans can go with their CEO and ILLIT's team can give them a more unique sound to kill the comparisons.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Is that what they want? Since hybe controls ador they would probably have to change a lot if they left and opened a new company with the CEO unless hybe is willing to sell all the new jeans IPs.
Oh maybe not then. That could tank them. Hopefully things can get resolved peacefully. If not NewJeans could be in trouble. I wouldn't put it past HYBE to dungeon them out of spite.

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Me too. While ILLIT does appear to be a slight copy, none of the idols deserve any hate. The greedy executives should get all of that. Cause all of this could've easily been avoided.

My hope: NewJeans can go with their CEO and ILLIT's team can give them a more unique sound to kill the comparisons.

No way the bolded happens. They print too much money, and what kind of message would it send to the other sub-labels under Hybe?

But to the point in your previous post: Illit losing Youngseo (who trained with NewJeans) and the group debuting with a similar concept right before this mess started is a little sus. If NewJeans implodes they have another group to target the same demographic.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The pretty point is hard to convey cause she said 예쁘다 which doesn't really one to one across language.

Like it could be sketch but it also could be totally innoucuous. It's one of those kinds of words.

Like not every 오빠 is the same.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
To be clear, she never talks about using Shamans to send BTS away. That was a report that dropped before the press con. The only thing she said on it was that it's not true.

It is real though, she confirmed at the press conference that the conversation with the shaman was real and that she was just asking her shaman friend.

4:03 p.m. Min turns to recent allegations that she was coached by a shaman. "I asked [the shaman] because I was just so curious. How were we to plan our steps if the company's ace team was going to the military or not? I'm going to report HYBE for privacy infringement. They're censoring my messages. She is my friend. Can I not have a shaman friend?"

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This is too much drama for me, I'm happy just knowing the musicians and not who owns what/who was eating crackers/who talked to a shaman (?). Feel bad for the musicians though, this is likely a big distraction for them on top of what I imagine is already a stressful job.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019

Do we know if NewJeans wants to go with their CEO? If they do then they should be allowed to. But it's hard to take her at face value when she spent 2 hours avoiding the stuff she's actually accused of, in favor of dragging HYBE through the mud in a way that has nothing to do with anything. All I learned in those two hours is what I already knew: HYBE is run by assholes.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Do we know if NewJeans wants to go with their CEO? If they do then they should be allowed to. But it's hard to take her at face value when she spent 2 hours avoiding the stuff she's actually accused of, in favor of dragging HYBE through the mud in a way that has nothing to do with anything. All I learned in those two hours is what I already knew: HYBE is run by assholes.

I watch a lot of NewJeans content and the way the girls talk about MHJ (she doesn't come up often but sometimes, like in recent vlogs), they always speak highly of her and how thankful they are to her for letting them go on vacation and taking their families along, as well as buying gifts for her along with the other members. She rarely ever appears in video content on their page, only as a voice during recording sessions.

Then again, another big part of this whole argument against her has been her relationship with them and how it doesn't "feel" like she's a boss and at times seems like another member to them. Like I know people are slamming her for bringing up Haerin crying on a phone call with her, but that's something I actually do believe. That's why if the two do break apart, it's been so engrained (at least among the public), how tied she is to the girls and their overall concept. I think you can see how much they appreciate her just in this award they presented her with:

View: https://youtu.be/DE8ZjbK80Jc?t=19

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZMiqc1W4Co

Last edited:

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I watch a lot of NewJeans content and the way the girls talk about MHJ (she doesn't come up often but sometimes, like in recent vlogs), they always speak highly of her and how thankful they are to her for letting them go on vacation and taking their families along, as well as buying gifts for her along with the other members. She rarely ever appears in video content on their page, only as a voice during recording sessions.

Then again, another big part of this whole argument against her has been her relationship with them and how it doesn't "feel" like she's a boss and at times seems like another member to them. Like I know people are slamming her for bringing up Haerin crying on a phone call with her, but that's something I actually do believe. That's why if the two do break apart, it's been so engrained (at least among the public), how tied she is to the girls and their overall concept. I think you can see how much they appreciate her just in this award they presented her with:

View: https://youtu.be/DE8ZjbK80Jc?t=19

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZMiqc1W4Co

I hope that's the case. LSF acts the same way with Hitman Bang and the Source staff on camera but that documentary was pretty clear that some of their staff kind of suck and put them through hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the whole press conference was basically her playing up the victim card. She was going heavy on the do you want me to die rhetoric at the beginning. You can also tell how narcissist she is because everything always comes back to her. I was betrayed, no one told me, 30 years in Kpop, I'm NewJeans mother, blah, blah. She didn't even really debunk any of the actual crimes she did. Just scapegoating by going after rumors and her life story.

There was even times where her lawyers tried to stop her but she kept on going. They were so bewildered. They just started laughing at what she was saying. The male lawyer even facepalmed on one point. If they did relate to charges, it was basically I was only joking or that's just me talking with my friends. According to a Hybe employee on the Blind forums, she was being misleading by leaving comtext out of text and messing around with the timeline to fit her narrative.

I didn't really think she hated LSF or Sakura that much but now I know they are living rent free in her head. She kinda left alot of stuff out on why LSF was formed and debuted like they did. I may get some timings off since there isn't really a documented timeline of how everything went down. Initially, Big Hit and Source Music announced they were going to make a girl supergroup that was going to be under the Source Music label. Bang decides to bring MHJ into it as the creative director. They even used Minji as the face of the promo campaign.

They then used Source Music to train and prepare them for the MHJ group debut. Yunjin was rumored to a member of this new girl group and started training with the members. She gets extremely close to Hanni during this training period. Yunjin obviously had to be a Bang pick since she's to old for MHJ. During this time, Bang and MHJ vision start to split. So they decide to give MHJ a new sublabel to work under and that would be Ador.

Now with actual control of the group, MHJ kicks out Yunjin. She wants NewJeans to have a younger concept which would surprised no one if you know her past in SM. Yunjin quits the idol life since that was her last hope and goes back to New York to go to school. They get I think Hyerin to replace her. Ador starts to gut SoMu by taking a big majority of their employees like all their trainees, directors, producers, and creatives. Leaving like only 4 major ones including the performance director Amy Soyeon. MHJ now officially starts Ador.

Now bare in mind this group was supposed to be a SoMu group not an Ador group. SoMu basically paid for everything (promos/training) and ended as a shell of it's former shelf since they lost alot of people to Ador. They haven't been profitable since 2018. It's now around 2021. This is were the Gfriend rumor comes in. Officially they didn't renew their contract. But the girls has hinted they had no idea they were going to disband. They only learn about it through social media. SoMu is already in debt and don't have the staff to keep on going. Gfriend disbands on May 22, 2021. So yeah.....

Now we get to LSF. One of the rumors was Bang wanted to debut a group under Big Hit with a Fearless concept. He had 3 izone members in mind, Chaewon, Minji and Sakura (MHJ Nooooooooo). The whole NewJeans thing basically screwed over SoMu and with Gfriend gone. They are on the verge of bankruptcy. Bang now decides LSF is going to be a SoMu group and they need to come out as quickly as possible. SoMu does't have the staff so he brings over older staff members from BigHit who worked with TxT. Nu Kim will be their creative director and Amy Soyeon to be their performance director.

I cant say when all this happens since there isn't really a known timeline. He calls up Chaewon and Sakura, they both agree. Minji refuses since she wants to be an actress. He calls up Yunjin and she goes back from the states. Ruka and Garam are also in the group by this point. Ruka gets cut and they decide to bring in Kazuha and Enuchae. This should be around November. Since Kazuha only trained with the group for 6 months before their debut in May.

SoMu probably got some capital from Hybe to startup LSF but their debut video Fearless was low budget. There was a reason half of it was in a practice room gym. They debut on May 2, 22. Don't really have anything to say about LSF being pushed ahead of NJ debut as MHJ was saying but SoMu had to get them out as quickly as possible cause Ador really screwed them over.

Garam Scandal blewup at this point. She left the group and regardless of that they still did extremely well. SoMu ended up finally being profitable after 1 year after LSF debut. Don't really think MHJ was behind Garam but after that LSF rant at the press conference if she was I wouldn't be surprised. Only think we know was Kakao (Starship parent company) played a part on it by keeping it in the news. I could see her being behind the Yongseo (Illit) leaks since she was an Ador trainee and Suenghan (Riize) was a SM trainee. Which are both companies she has a connection too.

Like all this stuff happened to SoMu and LSF had to debut while in a huge debt that had nothing to do with them. But the big takeaway MHJ got was they debuted 2 months before me and that was her villain origin story.

Last edited:

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
a lot of that stuff is baseless conspiracy theories with no real backing any any reports or even insider rumors.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Was trying to find the actual videos that MHJ had appeared with NewJeans. Remembered these ones. Just to show how closely asscoiated she was with them early on, Jaeseok right off the bat calling her "NewJeans' mom". This was right before Ditto's release, and she's in the video quite a bit:

View: https://youtu.be/l4udcYOFCOU?t=44

And she also was just in an NHK documentary featuring Yoasobi and NewJeans:

www3.nhk.or.jp

New Era of J-POP and K-POP: Setting the World on Fire | NHK WORLD-JAPAN

K-POP has taken the world by storm thanks to its unique performances and business strategy. This documentary follows its growth and the ways in which J-POP artists are rising to the challenge.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
This whole hybe thing is too confusing.

How about them new twice albums though

Yall-Got-Any-More-Of-That.jpg

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way MHJ stays at ADOR and there's no way HYBE loses control of ADOR. Either NewJeans leave like the 5050 girls and face the consequences, or they stay and be managed by new people.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way MHJ stays at ADOR and there's no way HYBE loses control of ADOR. Either NewJeans leave like the 5050 girls and face the consequences, or they stay and be managed by new people.
Would be wild if they join Crayon Pop, Momoland, LOONA, and Fifty Fifty in the "Promising Girl Groups Who Died Due to Greed and Bad Management" graveyard.

Sure they're much bigger, but it would not shock me to see them leave if their matriarch gets tossed aside. Actually, I'd rather see them leave than stay with a company that would gladly undermine them by launching a knockoff group so soon into their careers. I saw a report that said their parents were pissed off, sure the girls felt a way too.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Idk, I don't think anyone would've batted an eyelash if NewJeans dropped Magnetic. It'd fit in with ASAP, Super Shy, and Ditto.

NJ's songs have some of those vocal effects that are heard in Magnetic's chorus. Kinda sounds like a deranged baby.

The sound isn't exact, but both groups are absolutely in the same wheelhouse. And it doesn't help that both have five members and are from the same company.

NewJeans have a stronger identity, and a mascot that's ready to slide on their haters though 🐰😂
Crazy you said this just a week ago lmaooo

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would be wild if they join Crayon Pop, Momoland, LOONA, and Fifty Fifty in the "Promising Girl Groups Who Died Due to Greed and Bad Management" graveyard.

Sure they're much bigger, but it would not shock me to see them leave if their matriarch gets tossed aside. Actually, I'd rather see them leave than stay with a company that would gladly undermine them by launching a knockoff group so soon into their careers. I saw a report that said their parents were pissed off, sure the girls felt a way too.
Crayon Pop, Momoland and Fifty-Fifty were more like groups with unexpected huge hit songs that companies had no idea how to build on.

We could indeed get a Loona case here though. Let's hope not.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of public sentiment for Min Hee-Jin has been increasingly positive after that conference which is kind of wild lol. I do hope this debacle gets solved quickly and both Min and HYBE can find some middle ground even after all this. That's just me trying to be positive.

NewJeans is dropping a new mv like super soon right? In like a few minutes I think?

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Yeah those pics are wild. Short haired Hanni and big frizzy Danielle. Better savor these MVs and songs because it's probably the last with the entire creative team sadly. The packaging is so good:

bkxBDR.jpg

GYENa4.png

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Someone translated Hype's response to the press conference. It's really long so I'll post a few responses.

View: https://twitter.com/snoopy_sapphic/status/1783782830704877776?t=SWkSYGWjy4SZ4EnMentHuA&s=19

Not promoting NJs:

In a press conference held the previous day, Min Heejin claimed that HYBE was negligent in promoting NewJeans only. In this regard, HYBE said, "The HYBE communication organization is doing its best to promote NewJeans. Last year alone, 273 press releases were written and distributed for NewJeans. Compared to 659 press releases by Big Hit Music, which had a total of eight teams including BTS and individuals, and 365 by Pledis Entertainment, which had four teams including Seventeen, it is difficult to claim that HYBE is negligent in promoting NewJeans only. The company's PR is doing its best to inform all labels and artists without discrimination."

Her shares:

HYBE said, "It is not true that they are tied up forever. Min can sell her shares from November this year, and if she sells them, they will not be subject to a competition ban from November 2026, when her contract with the company expires. Min herself is guaranteed a large amount of money, which she said would make 100 billion won even if she remains still alive, and the condition that she can monetize or start a business in a few years is not a slave contract. It is an extraordinary compensation condition that ordinary people cannot even imagine. Even the KakaoTalk conversation that Min had with his aides shows that she will exercise put option on January 2, 2025 and EXIT."

Takeover being jokes:

We should not try to jokingly dismiss the discovery of several documents that already contain terms such as lawsuits for infringement of rights, investment companies, and public opinion campaigns, by calculating the amount that can be earned from the exercise of put options, specifying the timing of the action. There is even a record of instructing the deputy leader, "This should be treated as a private matter."

Promise about Girl group first debut:

'CEO Min, you are making a false claim that is based on your own unique and wrong interpretation of the process of how you separated from Source Music. The reason why NewJeans could not become the first girl group from HYBE was not because HYBE did not keep our promise. At that point in time, you requested to be able to have all the responsibilities in creating the group, and you strongly insisted that you would debut them under your own separate label. HYBE respected your opinion, so even though Source Music opposed this, we transferred the members to ADOR, and gave you a huge amount of ₩16.0 billion KRW (about $11.7 million USD) in support up to now, allowing you to debut NewJeans in the way that you wanted. In this process, because of contract transfers and creating the separate label, NewJeans' debut was delayed, in no relation to HYBE's intentions.

What's more is that this process has also been admitted to by yourself. In your interview with one outlet on March 24, 2022, you claimed that you yourself oversaw the planning of the girl group project, and that you planned the launch in the third quarter of 2022. You mentioned 'The young members would naturally feel the burden of a rushed debut. I did not want to make everyone feel rushed, so I decided to launch the group in the third quarter of 2022, as it is a reasonable time.

Shaman:

During the conversation, the undisclosed amount of stock options for executives, the names of potential investors, and a management rights takeover structure with each investor's shareholding ratio were discussed, and decisions were made based on the shaman's suggestions on various management issues. These conversation partners cannot be considered mere acquaintances. The company takes seriously the fact that important company information was indiscriminately exposed to outsiders other than company officials, interference in decision-making, and requests for employment were received.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It cements a disbandment notice in a few months. Like it or not, Sohee was by far the most famous member in the group, and even with her, they never managed to leave nugudom, without her it's a lost cause, unfortunately.

Pour one out for Jackpot, one of the best albums of all times:

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/4zMss13uNw7D8cYEALWXEe?si=i2jQvrKKQJ2jYWRlozkPmQ
Alice, Cherry Bullet, Nature and Kep1er one after the other. BB Girls almost went to the gutter as well. What a month...

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Trying to apply the ideology "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all". So in an effort to not be super inflammatory I'll just say that I accept this could totally be a me thing: I suuuuuper don't enjoy listening to a person who made it their responsibility to squash kids' & young adults' hopes and dreams based purely on not being young enough turn around and refer to herself as a "mother" with a special bond with the children she did choose.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017

I don't want to be mean, but I'm just bored listening to this.

View: https://youtu.be/xfqBQ2XhBCg?si=c7SqOqzCpstoQfjO

youtu.be

ZICO (지코) ‘SPOT! (feat. JENNIE)’ Official MV

ZICO 11th Digital Single ‘SPOT! (feat. JENNIE)’🎧http://zico.lnk.to/SPOT #ZICO #지코 #JENNIE #제니 #SPOT #스팟 Credits:DIRECTOR | YONGSEOK CHOI (LUMPENS) CO-D...

This is just okay.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017

5050 was a good lesson on looking at which side has proper documentation and which side can't plainly refute or reply to such evidence. It made things really simple. Her press conference was purposefully deceptive towards evidence and venomous to deflect attention at the expense of other specific artists and groups. I can't see this ending well for her. She's had ample time to provide proof to address the actual accusations or not lie about certain things the other has receipts for.

Unfortunately the damage is already done by bringing in groups and artists as scapegoats, I have no idea what it would take to undo any of this. It's like she went scorched earth as her strategy, and that won't affect the business side as much as what the artists have and will have to go through.