• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
5050 was a good lesson on looking at which side has proper documentation and which side can't plainly refute or reply to such evidence. It made things really simple. Her press conference was purposefully deceptive towards evidence and venomous to deflect attention at the expense of other specific artists and groups. I can't see this ending well for her. She's had ample time to provide proof to address the actual accusations or not lie about certain things the other has receipts for.

Unfortunately the damage is already done by bringing in groups and artists as scapegoats, I have no idea what it would take to undo any of this. It's like she went scorched earth as her strategy, and that won't affect the business side as much as what the artists have and will have to go through.

Going scorched earth was part of her strategy. Hybe mentioned she had an April public opinion smear campaign planned in their official statement.

12. Why… during the comeback? In response to the claim that HYBE does not care about NewJeans,

It was CEO Min who began attacking the company via email around the time of New Jeans' comeback. In the data obtained through forensics, there is a record of CEO Min's instructions to prepare for a public opinion campaign starting in April, and there is also a record of her harassing the company by creating noise. I would like to ask whether you thought that if you put pressure on the company at this time, the company would accept your compensation request, which is almost unreasonable.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
One of the best memes I saw about the press conference was her lawyer letting her rant for 2 hours so he could plead insanity lol.

IMG_7039.jpg

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I don't typically like NewJeans songs right off the bat, and they take a few listens to appreciate. So I wasn't in any rush to check out the new song, but I just did and I like it quite a bit. Fun video, too.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
NewJeans song is kind of dull to me but I'm at least glad the song is well over 3 minutes. I'm glad whenever any song is over 2 minutes 30 seconds.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
I loved the NewJeans song. Probably like it more on first listen than anything off Get Up, outside of Get Up the song funnily enough. Hanni was so funny in the video. Her laughing while Danielle is having her little moment 1:34 into the video is so good.

ashbash159

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a lot of people love Bubble Gum but the people who are not as big a fan of it I feel like are reacting this way because to me I kind of see this like waiting for months and months for their comeback and getting a song like Hurt - a "true b-side". NJ don't really have many what I would call "true b-sides", it's Hurt, Ditto (which feels like a title track), New Jeans (an intro song), Get Up (short interlude) and ASAP (experimental). All their other songs are title tracks, which seems uncommon in K-pop to have the majority of your discography be title tracks lol. So I cant help but compare Hurt and Bubble Gum. I love Hurt and love Bubble Gum but I at least understand why some people aren't thrilled. I disagree lol. Hopefully they can win those specific people over with How Sweet.

Beach reminds me of Attention. The glowy lighting reminds me of Cookie. The lack of choreo reminds me of Hurt. The handheld old cams remind me of Ditto. Feels like pre-Get Up NewJeans in the best possible ways.

I was completely spoiled by the whole song by the 1 min commercial and also they literally played the full song in the background of Japanese morning news. At the start when I heard this before official release it grew on me over time from really like to love and now as I watch the MV I already love it and can focus on the vibes the MV gives off. Super cute too.

I've avoided talking about the drama involving Hybe and MHJ because I feel like my opinion on them changes every single day. It's horrific to be such a fan of the girls and to hear that they've been in tears over this situation.

Last edited:

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Yeah I avoided the commercial so it was all new to me. And I can see where you're coming from, especially comparing it to Hurt which I feel is slept on. Who knows if that'll happen here. I honestly wonder how Bubble Gum will do, especially with everything going on (like maybe the public will rally around it or something). I'll always point people to the 250 Remix of Hurt too, which I honestly like more than the original now:

youtu.be

NewJeans (뉴진스) 'Hurt (250 Remix)' Special Video

NewJeans (뉴진스) 'Hurt (250 Remix)' Special VideoProducer: MIN HEE JINSpecial Video Director: Heewon Shin'Hurt' Remix Arrange: 250ⓒ 2022 ADOR. All Rights Reser...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Going scorched earth was part of her strategy. Hybe mentioned she had an April public opinion smear campaign planned in their official statement.

12. Why… during the comeback? In response to the claim that HYBE does not care about NewJeans,

It was CEO Min who began attacking the company via email around the time of New Jeans' comeback. In the data obtained through forensics, there is a record of CEO Min's instructions to prepare for a public opinion campaign starting in April, and there is also a record of her harassing the company by creating noise. I would like to ask whether you thought that if you put pressure on the company at this time, the company would accept your compensation request, which is almost unreasonable.

Data obtained through forensics.

Why would an entertainment corporation have a forensics department?

Where are you getting this information from?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
www.koreaboo.com

n.CH Entertainment's Girl Group NATURE Has Officially Disbanded

n.CH Entertainment's girl group NATURE has officially disbanded after six years of being together.

Let's pour one out for a group that gave us a few bops:

View: https://youtu.be/QRN12TaTFlU?si=mWBNxEj2xNlwSfdc

youtu.be

NATURE (네이처) - OOPSIE (My Bad) MV

♬ Available on iTunes, Apple Music : https://apple.co/3544uvE Listen on Spotify : https://spoti.fi/2QhnjqXNATURE (네이처) - OOPSIE (My Bad) MV 입니다.NATURE TH...

View: https://youtu.be/E8jY6a6ktKA?si=N4TX7X0xklGSbYNH

youtu.be

NATURE (네이처) “어린애 (Girls)” M/V 무삭제 Ver. (Uncensored Ver.)

♬ Available on iTunes, Apple Music : https://apple.co/37J3pM3 Listen on Spotify : https://spoti.fi/2Bf1NxENATURE (네이처) “어린애 (Girls)” M/V 무삭제 Ver. (Uncens...

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
My God, this week has been a reckoning for girl groups. Disbanding, surprise marriages, rogue CEOs 😅

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully she gets well soon. Must be a hard time after the whole coachella thing and then publically getting thrown under the bus in the whole hybe/ador thing.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Inkigayo MCs covered "Rum Pum Pum" by f(x). Always love to see f(x) respect, but I'm begging these shows to acknowledge the dozen other bangers this group put out. Why's it always gotta be RPP?

I've been going through their discography in chronological order but my favorite TT has probably been 'Hot Summer'. So yes, I'd like to see that covered too. Speaking of f(x), probably my favorite song of theirs I've heard is 아이. So good.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuxAQH-Qrss

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Digging the two b-sides from RIIZE
youtu.be

RIIZE 라이즈 'One Kiss' MV

RIIZE's 1st mini album "RIIZING" B-sides are out! Listen and download on your favorite platform: https://RIIZE.lnk.to/RIIZING 🎶 'Impossible' MV https://yout...
youtu.be

RIIZE 라이즈 '9 Days' MV

RIIZE's 1st mini album "RIIZING" B-sides are out! Listen and download on your favorite platform: https://RIIZE.lnk.to/RIIZING 🎶 'Impossible' MV https://yout...

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
There is very clearly a smear campaign against Hybe artists that started with Le Sserafim and has escalated into high gear this last week, now going after BTS. Like they're not even trying to be subtle, it's pretty goddamn obvious.

I also cannot believe that public opinion in Korea seems to have believed that ranting BS from MHJ, the complete opposite of international opinion on the matter. Just fucking strange.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
There is very clearly a smear campaign against Hybe artists that started with Le Sserafim and has escalated into high gear this last week, now going after BTS. Like they're not even trying to be subtle, it's pretty goddamn obvious.

I also cannot believe that public opinion in Korea seems to have believed that ranting BS from MHJ, the complete opposite of international opinion on the matter. Just fucking strange.

Maybe the international crowd should ask themselves some questions, though, about whether they got the full and balanced perspective seeing loose quotes picked out and translated vis a vis the Korean audience who processed the very many words spoken on either side with more native understanding - including the various references to other dynamics in society.

It's perfectly possible to think it likely MHJ might have messed various things up and also ask questions about Hybe. Things that have surfaced have not only been about cults and weirdos but also about HYBE's organization, their male-only board's awkward handling of girl groups, business decisions, the 'endless' non-compete contracts unfavourable to MHJ, and so on. It's very clear HYBE have also been shooting from the hip with various pieces of libel that have mostly not hit - although these and some earlier (groundless) ones against MHJ seem to have hit better in the west, prepping the ground for less good-will now.

Ultimately the power struggle itself should have a legal answer. As for the smear campaigns, HYBE are not going to come out of this looking all that good, even if they win in court. MHJ might have messed up with whatever launched this drama, but she's also handled NJ to success, for the brand and also for the individual members careers and financial gain. It's hard to find any serious offense in her career outside of this legal claim that is yet to be resolved - because people will look at NJ and see critical and commercial success, and individual member well-being, as being a cut above the rest.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

I think it's the cultural difference in how it translates to English compared to those who are Korean and can understand the nuances that agree more with Min Hee-Jin. I've also read that Korean citizens agree more in how Min Hee Jin was ranting to a higher up boss that was much more raw and unscripted unlike how these conferences typically go.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Frankly I'm not making any judgments. Not only do I not speak Korean, so I may not catch any of the nuance of what's going on, I'm also not going to take sides in a corporate feud.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the international crowd should ask themselves some questions, though, about whether they got the full and balanced perspective seeing loose quotes picked out and translated vis a vis the Korean audience who processed the very many words spoken on either side with more native understanding - including the various references to other dynamics in society.

It's perfectly possible to think it likely MHJ might have messed various things up and also ask questions about Hybe. Things that have surfaced have not only been about cults and weirdos but also about HYBE's organization, their male-only board's awkward handling of girl groups, business decisions, the 'endless' non-compete contracts unfavourable to MHJ, and so on. It's very clear HYBE have also been shooting from the hip with various pieces of libel that have mostly not hit - although these and some earlier (groundless) ones against MHJ seem to have hit better in the west, prepping the ground for less good-will now.

Ultimately the power struggle itself should have a legal answer. As for the smear campaigns, HYBE are not going to come out of this looking all that good, even if they win in court. MHJ might have messed up with whatever launched this drama, but she's also handled NJ to success, for the brand and also for the individual members careers and financial gain. It's hard to find any serious offense in her career outside of this legal claim that is yet to be resolved - because people will look at NJ and see critical and commercial success, and individual member well-being, as being a cut above the rest.

Most of the pro MHJ sentiment from Korea is her being just like them. It's a women going against a man. She's a feminist even though she is dragging down 2 girl groups with one being full of minors. It's a David vs Goliath type of thing. Even though in that Goliath company she is a CEO and one of the highest paid employees in the Goliath company.

Her press conference appearance played a part in it too. She was dressed like us, she was cussing just like us, and she was even trying to keep on telling us her story when her lawyers where telling her not too. But none of us have actual criminal charges. She basically has become a Trumplike figure in Korea. MHJ is one of us even though she's a millionaire. That 2 hour press conference was a theatrical play that was full of misdirection and had nothing to do with debunking the actual crimes she was charged with.

Here's an Asian YouTuber that basically breaks down what she did.

View: https://youtu.be/Htdfo75gRuI?si=6X1oBd0oA_twbwr_

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the press conference was chaotic. That's not a crime. I don't know how that makes her Trumpian either, that seems a misguided comparison. And we'll have to wait on the courts to see what the legal claims actually amount to. And the claims that are not about the case itself are so vague they're hard to answer.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
The court is going to decide what the court is going to decide. Personally I just think it's trash that a CEO of a major label tossed two whole girl groups under the bus and chose to share alleged personal interactions she had with her label's group and their parents. Just further harming children and young adults because you're fighting with someone else. Gross.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The court is going to decide what the court is going to decide. Personally I just think it's trash that a CEO of a major label tossed two whole girl groups under the bus and chose to share alleged personal interactions she had with her label's group and their parents. Just further harming children and young adults because you're fighting with someone else. Gross.

Actually, MHJ also threw LSF under the bus. She managed to throw all three current Hybe girl groups, only fromis_9 was left unscathed.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Actually, MHJ also threw LSF under the bus. She managed to throw all three current Hybe girl groups, only fromis_9 was left unscathed.
I meant LSF and ILLIT. I wouldn't say she threw NJ under the bus, but she did use them in a way I found gross. Like even though it won't change what's being alleged I could stomach her doing that had the girls and their parents signed a letter of support or something.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I meant LSF and ILLIT. I wouldn't say she threw NJ under the bus, but she did use them in a way I found gross. Like even though it won't change what's being alleged I could stomach her doing that had the girls and their parents signed a letter of support or something.

In a way, all three groups are leaving this situation worse than they entered. Unless MHJ is shut down by Hybe quickly, NewJeans comeback could be affected, specially if she insists on taking control of the label.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I feel like people haven't read a lot of the original documents.

The only GG that got tossed into this by MHJ is Illit.

Hybe brought up New Jeans and explicitly called them a second Fifty Fifty before any Ador response.

And Hybe was who said that New Jeans was created by exploitation of Source Music funds and staff which led to LSF being rushed.

Thoss two GG were never escaping this incident cause they were situated right from moment one.

Last edited: