JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Sorry for slight OT but iirc there are quite a few Earth Arcade fans here

youtu.be

우르르쾅쾅부릉부릉 첫티저 나가신다

운전면허부터 여행계획, 촬영 그리고 게임기획까지 모든게 지락이들 손으로 이루어진 생애 첫 셀프여행(?) 지구오락실 스핀오프! [지락이의 뛰뛰빵빵] #지락이의뛰뛰빵빵 #eartharcade #vroomvroom5/24 [금] 저녁 8:40 tvN 첫 방송밤 10시 채널십오야 풀버전 공개

not sure if it will air on TVN or PDnims YT channel...

Yujin schedule has to be absolutely insane, world tour, comeback and shooting bunch of variety shows in-between.

And speaking of Aespa completely missed this awesome song.

youtu.be

[야한(夜限) 사진관 OST Part 1] 닝닝 (NINGNING) - Count On Me MV

[야한(夜限) 사진관 OST Part 1] 닝닝 (NINGNING) - Count On Me MV[야한(夜限) 사진관 OST Part 1]에스파 닝닝이 데뷔 후 첫 단독 OST를 선보인다.‘Count On Me’는 일상에 부딪치는 시련과 어려움을 극복하고 밝고 긍정적인 에너지를 얻...

Last edited:

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
And speaking of Aespa completely missed this awesome song.

youtu.be

[야한(夜限) 사진관 OST Part 1] 닝닝 (NINGNING) - Count On Me MV

[야한(夜限) 사진관 OST Part 1] 닝닝 (NINGNING) - Count On Me MV[야한(夜限) 사진관 OST Part 1]에스파 닝닝이 데뷔 후 첫 단독 OST를 선보인다.‘Count On Me’는 일상에 부딪치는 시련과 어려움을 극복하고 밝고 긍정적인 에너지를 얻...

I love that seemingly every member is getting OSTs (except Giselle sadly). My favorite has been Karina's, though. Was on my top 20 list last year:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QY4oroSUpc

If you or anyone else haven't heard it.

And yeah, even though they talked about it in Earth Arcade S1 how much Yujin was working, seems like it continues to ramp up. I remember people would always just mention Wonyoung and how much stuff she's always doing, but Yujin is definitely alongside her. Wonyoung is actually in a lot of variety content this comeback too.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
I love that seemingly every member is getting OSTs (except Giselle sadly). My favorite has been Karina's, though. Was on my top 20 list last year:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QY4oroSUpc

If you or anyone else haven't heard it.

And yeah, even though they talked about it in Earth Arcade S1 how much Yujin was working, seems like it continues to ramp up. I remember people would always just mention Wonyoung and how much stuff she's always doing, but Yujin is definitely alongside her. Wonyoung is actually in a lot of variety content this comeback too.

Yep totally missed that one as well, thanks!Especially since I'm a sucker for slow songs & ballads.

Looks like EA spin off will air on TVN and YT on 24/5, can't wait :D

Last edited:

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
That's a shame, hope she gets better soon. Good to see that they let her fully recover and not have her participate in a walking boot or something similar.
+Random thoughts since I've been catching up on recent releases: BoA comeback is really nice. Didn't like what I heard from her until then (mostly up-tempo stuff) so I didn't pay it any attention at first. But currently listening to her channel and It seems I was under a completely wrong impression, now I get why she's so beloved with younger idols.
Oh and 'Heya' from Ive sounds like a medley or something, it's like 10 songs mixed into one, it's not bad by any means but kind of overwhelming I have to say^^

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Finally took the time to listen to the tripleS album, and it's extremely my shit
I doubt I'll ever bother learning the members' names but they're gonna become a mainstay in my K-Pop library!

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Girls Never Die is the best tripleS title track since Generation. Chiyu is my favorite song on the album. However, I much prefer the other two versions of Dimension than what's on this album.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Triple S album is indeed excellent. I like that the album is kinda split into 2 halfs, first more mellow and introverted (not sure if that's the right word for it, but don't know how to describe it tbh), second very upbeat with lots of classic kpop. And still it sounds very cohesive, production is great throughout and they all have nice and enjoyable voices. Might be time to catch up on some YT content to actually be able to tell them apart...

EDIT: Ok after listening some more I'm not sure why I said what I said above, lots of uptempo tracks at the beginning of the album as well lol. But doesn't change the fact that it's really, really good.

Also that Young Posse ROTY MV is lovely. I still don't understand why they aren't more successfu. Especially since, as far as I know, hip hop/rap is still very popular in Korea. The production is absolutely top notch. I've been listening to rap since forever and the beats on their latest EP are absolutely outstanding, ROTY sounds like something from an Akhenaton album. Plus all the girls seem to be very talented and are pretty good at rapping (I mean no one is expecting biggie skills, especially not since they also have to sing and dance as well).

Absolutely baffling tbh. I really hope they're company has faith in them and let them do their thing for at least a few more years

Last edited:

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Song that starts at 2:12 sounds really great, can't wait to hear the full version.

Also this has been in constant rotation recently, apologies if posted already.

m.youtube.com

ARTMS ‘Pre3 : Candy Crush' Official Track Video

ARTMS ‘Pre3 : Candy Crush' Official Track Video----------'Pre 3 : Candy Crush' Streaming platform('Pre1 : Birth', 'Pre2 : Flower Rhythm' Streaming / 'Dall' p...

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Also that Young Posse ROTY MV is lovely. I still don't understand why they aren't more successfu. Especially since, as far as I know, hip hop/rap is still very popular in Korea. The production is absolutely top notch. I've been listening to rap since forever and the beats on their latest EP are absolutely outstanding, ROTY sounds like something from an Akhenaton album. Plus all the girls seem to be very talented and are pretty good at rapping (I mean no one is expecting biggie skills, especially not since they also have to sing and dance as well).

Absolutely baffling tbh. I really hope they're company has faith in them and let them do their thing for at least a few more years

I think the company is 100% in on them. Judging by the amount of videos they make for social media and the amount of interviews they do. They're also performing at head in the clouds, a big festival in new york. Their album sales are really low sadly, but their spotify number seems to be rising slowly. And the MV for XXL did super well on youtube views. I really hope they will keep making music for the full 7 years, they're one of my fav groups right now.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Sure hope so ^^ Would be surprised if they don't break through at some point, they're output is simply to good to get ignored (at least sales-wise) for too long. Listening to ROTY right at this moment and the hook is so awesome, that sample, like Heatmakers in their prime :D

Will be interesting to see if they can build up a (bigger) fanbase in the US considering their sound. Sure hope so.

Bonus:
youtu.be

🚗티저 | 여러분 우리 유진이가 해냈습니다 | 🚗💨지락이의 뛰뛰빵빵

지락이들 입맛 따라 100% 제멋대로 즐기는 더 자유롭고 더 리얼한 힐링 여행기! 지구오락실 스핀오프 [지락이의 뛰뛰빵빵]#지락이의뛰뛰빵빵 #eartharcade #vroomvroom5/24 [금] 저녁 8:40 tvN 첫 방송밤 10시 채널십오야 풀버전 공개#이은지 #미미 #이영...

Seems Yujin got her drivers license ^^

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Interesting, that's actually what I like about them. I love watching big groups of people dancing. There are very few voices in K-Pop that I find unique, so I don't really care about who is singing.

Also my favorite idols are Sakurazaka46 and Nogizaka46, so I'm used to having a lot of members performing at once.😆

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Even if I like the song there are way too many members. I at least like to mentally think I know who's singing. But this groups size makes that seem impossible and for me that takes away from the group and their abilities.
Yeah, I listened to the song once. It's solid, but the size of the group just annoys me. Poor girls will never get paid with such a royalty split. It's such a dumb concept. And after LOONA, their company should've known better.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
As long as the music is good I don't really care tbh. Personally I'd divide them in multiple sub units with different sounds, tailored to their strenghts. Like one unit for ballads and slow songs, one with a more bubbly sound and one for hip hop inspired music. And on the plus side the members can actually get some rest and off days and don't have to basically promote 24/7 like members of other groups.

The money distribution is the only negative aspect for me, they have to be super successful for all the girls to get an at least decent share. Was interesting (and kinda sad) to hear Qwers Siyeon talk about the downside of being a member of a huge group (NMB48). She quit, despite liking the gig, simply because the pay was so low. She wasn't a top earner and also wasn't allowed to make money on the side so she couldn't make ends meet. Obviously they have even more members.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the time to be invested in each member of a kpop group anymore, like I did 10 years ago (I still can't remember every NewJeans girl name for example), so the music being good is enough for me. And having a big ensemble does help to get some really cool looking choreography.

But yeah, more members, higher the costs, lower the payments.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of the size of the group, I just assume everyone is getting screwed on their deals. A 24 member group is tough, but I just assumed that they're going to operate normally in their sub-units and only come together as a giant group once in a while. I can't imagine running a 24 person group as the default state, that'd be insane to manage.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
So TikkiTokki, the most reliable NewJeans fansubbers who do all of their Phoning lives and have held multiple fundraisers for the girls every time they have birthdays, took a poll on whether they should sub the entire MHJ press conference since a lot of the articles were just translating small snippits, and the votes said to do it. Well now it's out in full for anyone who wants to watch:

View: https://youtu.be/kGE8xbYEYdk?si=tqeGCNs2_0kdBbzQ

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4QzrXhurN0

View: https://twitter.com/aespa_official/status/1789309756345335898

View: https://twitter.com/aespa_official/status/1789309701538373747

There's fun hidden pics on their website lol:

(5)GS3_50469-1-S_2-CyhIytjs.jpg
(1)A04I5954-1-S-CPeRctJn.jpg

Last edited:

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Usually don't care much about sales (as long as they're not disappointingly low), but really happy in that case, with so many mouths to feed ^^ And well deserved, album is still in heavy rotation, and probably will be for a while. Chorus on never die is simple, but yet so catchy.

kstartrend.com

TripleS' “ASSEMBLE24” Hits a New Milestone with Over 100,000 Album Sales for the First Time Ever

TripleS, known for their unique rotating members concept, recently made a triumphant comeback as a full group with all 24 members. The group dropped their album “ASSEMBLE24”, which features the …

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Usually don't care much about sales (as long as they're not disappointingly low), but really happy in that case, with so many mouths to feed ^^ And well deserved, album is still in heavy rotation, and probably will be for a while. Chorus on never die is simple, but yet so catchy.

kstartrend.com

TripleS' “ASSEMBLE24” Hits a New Milestone with Over 100,000 Album Sales for the First Time Ever

TripleS, known for their unique rotating members concept, recently made a triumphant comeback as a full group with all 24 members. The group dropped their album “ASSEMBLE24”, which features the …

Granted the majority of these are 5 dollar albums with an NFT.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Wait what, NFT? What the f lol. But still 100k times 5 is still a lot of money. One can only hope they get a somewhat decent share of the profits. Not gonna happen, I know : (

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/JYPETWICE/status/1789671888119378395

View: https://twitter.com/JYPETWICE/status/1789671914946122190

So is it called [NA] or How To Fall In Love With Na? Guess just [NA] judging by the tag.

Wait what, NFT? What the f lol. But still 100k times 5 is still a lot of money. One can only hope they get a somewhat decent share of the profits. Not gonna happen, I know : (

They're selling 1 photocard with an NFT instead of actual albums. It's why sales are so high lol.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
tfti Shizuka & JustinBB7.. interesting marketing strategy..

Might as well use this post to promote some indie stuff ^^

youtu.be

이지카이트 (Izykite) - SOS (feat. NSW yoon) [Music Video]

Somebody help me, I'm in love.#이지카이트 #Izykite #SOS ✔️ 𝙁𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙄𝙯𝙮𝙠𝙞𝙩𝙚∙ https://www.instagram.com/izykite/∙ https://www.instagram.com/izykite_offi...
youtu.be

g0nny (거니) - 하루에 한번씩 (Once a Day) MV

g0nny (거니) - 하루에 한번씩 (Once a Day) MVg0nny (거니) ‘하루에 한번씩’봄에 잘 어울리는 목소리를 가진 아티스트 g0nny (거니)의 새 싱글 “하루에 한번씩”은 사랑하는 사람에게 기분 좋은 에너지를 전하기 위해 마음을 담아 부르는 노래입니다. 사랑은 ...
youtu.be

네이비쿼카 (NavyQuokka) - Tik Tok | Lyrics 가사 Official Audio

‘사랑만 해도 빠르게 흘러가요 Tik Tok생각만 해도 좋은 게 사랑이잖아요’고백하기 딱 좋은 4월이에요오늘 이 노래를 듣고 용기를 가졌으면 좋겠습니다시간은 기다려 주지 않으니까요! 쟁취합시다! ! !2024년 4월 따스한 봄날당신의 쿼카가.. S2[Credits]Artist | ...