eonden

Oct 25, 2017

As the title says:

www.reuters.com

Kanye West publicist pressed Georgia election worker to confess to bogus fraud charges

Weeks after the 2020 election, a Chicago publicist for hip-hop artist Kanye West traveled to the suburban home of Ruby Freeman, a frightened Georgia election worker who was facing death threats after being falsely accused by former President Donald Trump of manipulating votes. The publicist...

The visitor, Trevian Kutti, gave her name but didn't say she worked for West, a longtime billionaire friend of Trump. She said she was sent by a "high-profile individual," whom she didn't identify, to give Freeman an urgent message: confess to Trump's voter-fraud allegations, or people would come to her home in 48 hours, and she'd go to jail.

Freeman refused. This story of how an associate of a music mogul pressured a 62-year-old temporary election worker at the center of a Trump conspiracy theory is based on previously unreported police recordings and reports, legal filings, and Freeman's first media interview since she was dragged into Trump's attempt to reverse his election loss.

(...)
Inside the station, Kutti and Freeman met in a corner, according to footage from a body camera worn by an officer present at the meeting. Reuters obtained the video through a public-records request.

"I cannot say what specifically will take place," Kutti is heard telling Freeman in the recording. "I just know that it will disrupt your freedom," she said, "and the freedom of one or more of your family members."

"You are a loose end for a party that needs to tidy up," Kutti continued. She added that "federal people" were involved, without offering specifics.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018

Weeks after the 2020 election, a Chicago publicist for hip-hop artist Kanye West traveled to the suburban home of Ruby Freeman, a frightened Georgia election worker who was facing death threats after being falsely accused by former President Donald Trump of manipulating votes. The publicist knocked on the door and offered to help.

The visitor, Trevian Kutti, gave her name but didn't say she worked for West, a longtime billionaire friend of Trump. She said she was sent by a "high-profile individual," whom she didn't identify, to give Freeman an urgent message: confess to Trump's voter-fraud allegations, or people would come to her home in 48 hours, and she'd go to jail.

Freeman refused. This story of how an associate of a music mogul pressured a 62-year-old temporary election worker at the center of a Trump conspiracy theory is based on previously unreported police recordings and reports, legal filings, and Freeman's first media interview since she was dragged into Trump's attempt to reverse his election loss.

Full story: https://www.reuters.com/business/me...orker-confess-bogus-fraud-charges-2021-12-10/

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Stop giving this guy attention.
His music has sucked for a decade.
His worldview sucks.
He's a bad person.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
didn't we have that thread about his concert or whatever yesterday and everyone was fawning over it

cannot believe threads like that still exist, no one can claim ignorance

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
In his meager defense, looks like she went rogue…not to say that he didn't hire her exactly for these beliefs. Looks like she was always a Trumper and with that R.Kelly connection possibly a grifter. Which brings the other woman in Kanye's life, Candace Owens

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
didn't we have that thread about his concert or whatever yesterday and everyone was fawning over it

cannot believe threads like that still exist, no one can claim ignorance
Yep, and before that for the new album release got to 30 something pages. It's not all of era, but there is clearly a subset of Era that won't stop talking about this chud without something being in place.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
At this point Kanye would be the 'smaller villain' that a superhero dispatches in the first act of the film before the main villain reveals themselves in act two.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How much is Yeezus gonna get away with before we stop having threads about him here?

I totally get that straight up banning topics isn't something that should be done lightly.

But, after going MAGA, then his "presidential run", and now going full anti-cancel culture warrior to the point that he is platforming people BECAUSE they are sexual predators, I absolutely do not understand how he is allowed to be promoted here. We don't allow thread promoting pieces of shit like Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens, Steven Crowder, Joe Rogan... ETC. WHY THE FUCK is Kanye allowed!? It makes zero sense other than some youtube/facebook mentality of "it brings the site clicks!"

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is a politics thread. It's now extremely clear what his run for president was all about, trying to trick people to get Trump elected.

This thread should absolutely be allowed. It is news. What shouldn't be allowed are his album and concert threads, of which we have an active one right now to hype up his Amazon thing.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I literally had my thread creation privilege lifted because I made a thread that some people perceived as offensive to Kanye or as trolling his fans.

There's a big defense force for him here and it's really disheartening to see.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Kanye aside, this is batshit nuttery.

"I cannot say what specifically will take place," Kutti is heard telling Freeman in the recording. "I just know that it will disrupt your freedom," she said, "and the freedom of one or more of your family members."

"You are a loose end for a party that needs to tidy up," Kutti continued. She added that "federal people" were involved, without offering specifics.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is sadly not surprising. Dude is complete scum.

Discussions of his work should be banned here and defending him should be a bannable offense but he continues to get defenders. Really, really disgusting to see especially from so called "leftists" who are fine with this fascist for reasons.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I still don't understand why people lie to themselves about Kanye. They say he's troubled, it's his mental health, he's a "genius", etc etc etc.

He's just a rich asshole who learned how to sample music. Stop lying to yourself, just get to the acceptance stage already lol

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Stop giving this guy attention.
His music has sucked for a decade.
His worldview sucks.
He's a bad person.

Actually, someone needs to go to jail for this. This is beyond just being a Trump supporter for "free thinkers" or for MAGA hats or for jail reform, he sent someone to a senior citizen's home to threaten them with jail time to effectively overturn democracy.

It's pure fascism.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's one thing to vote for Trump. It's another thing entirely to go and threaten the families of poll workers to overturn an election.

Last edited:

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Kanye threads promoting his singles/albums should be banned here similarly to how Harry Potter threads promoting upcoming releases are banned due to J.K. Rowling's transphobia.

This is honestly beyond the pale.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
If you think Kanye had anything to do with this you're just as dumb as he is (and he's very dumb)

This person was a part of a leadership group for "young black republicans for Trump." that seems far more relevant to her trying to get Trump elected than anything else.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Kanye aside, this is batshit nuttery.

and 2 days later a mob of trumpers showed up at her house, as promised/threatened

On Jan. 5, the day after Freeman's meeting with Kutti, an agent from the Federal Bureau of Investigation called Freeman and urged her to leave her home of 20 years because it wasn't safe, Freeman said.

The following day, Jan. 6, Kutti's prediction that people would descend on Freeman's home in 48 hours proved correct, according to a defamation lawsuit Freeman and Moss filed last week against a far-right news site. Freeman, the lawsuit said, left hours before a mob of angry Trump supporters surrounded her home, shouting through bullhorns.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Why am I not surprised that Kanye believes the Big Lie is real…..publicist should be taken to court for intimidation and coercion but nope, just a normal day in America.