breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
youtu.be

Breakfast Club Breaks Down DONDA, Envy Calls Kanye A Clown

Subscribe NOW to The Breakfast Club: http://ihe.art/xZ4vAcAGet MORE of The Breakfast Club:► LISTEN LIVE: http://power1051fm.com/► CATCH UP on What You Missed...

Something happen bts between ye and envy?

Envy makes my skin crawl (did you see the Desus/Mero interview?) but he isn't lying in this instance. Kanye has some awful enablers surrounding him. Lol but damn I'm shocked to see they went so hard at him lolol.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Junya Watanabe on my wri', wri'
Junya Watanabe on my wri', wri'
Tell 'em this, did he miss?
Junya Watanabe on my, mmh
I can't really see, where did I miss? (Mmh, mmh)​

tumblr_lz4xhh48HX1r1awquo1_500.gif
ALL SUMMER MM MM

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

Breakfast Club Breaks Down DONDA, Envy Calls Kanye A Clown

Subscribe NOW to The Breakfast Club: http://ihe.art/xZ4vAcAGet MORE of The Breakfast Club:► LISTEN LIVE: http://power1051fm.com/► CATCH UP on What You Missed...

Something happen bts between ye and envy?
Reminds me of when Kanye got all sad when he said Don C doesn't come around no more.

Serious question: Who *can* bloody Kanye's mouth is the question? Either those people are people he made (e.g., John Legend), he has fraught/competitive relationships with (Jay), they profit off of his fuckery (Def Jam), or they will work with him regardless because they are creatives and respect his creativity endlessly (basically everyone in the music industry).

Honestly, I think it's Kim, and lord knows she's probably tried to at least get him to take his meds.

Damn, this is awful. No wonder it was left off the album.

Jesus this is horrible.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns Around Bigotry
What was Kanye's defense for spitting in the faces of the 15 women that accused Marilyn Manson of horrific acts of rape, drugging, physical abuse, being locked up or caged?

Am I wrong that Kanye sought out Manson because of the accusations? That he involved Manson because he wanted to make a comment on "cancel culture", same reasoning behind recruiting DaBaby, Chris Brown, Souja Boy. Did he elaborate on this?

Kanye fans are mostly fine with the Manson stuff and I genuinely feel like I'm missing something.

Yea everyone who listened to the album is fine with rapists, homophobes and domestic abusers. Astute observation.

Any rational person, even the staunchest Kanye fan, realizes he's a fool for his antics. He's a narcissistic asshole - it is known. Just because you and others are only now catching wind doesn't mean I have to join in on your crusade. What would you have folks do? Start exclusively listening to and making Era threads for Taylor Swift? I don't understand. People deeply invested in the culture and not simply hopping on the latest wave of sanctimonious headhunting HAVE BEEN calling Kanye on his bullshit for years. The same man "caping" for Dababy was also the same dude championing Frank Ocean and talking about rap's toxic homophobia years ago. Doesn't make the prior okay but I'm not about to immediately write him off as some bigot. I didn't even know if I could fuck with him after the MAGA shit. But truly Kanye doesn't owe any political party their allegiance, and I just want to believe that was his point, however poorly articulated it came across.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017

era bubble is crazy he's still got crazy juice
The album sounds good a bit too long but a good body of work overall

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Washington Post hated it as well. Not posting it here since it's paywalled.

I like it a lot so far. Not really vibing with the negative reviews.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
What was Kanye's defense for spitting in the faces of the 15 women that accused Marilyn Manson of horrific acts of rape, drugging, physical abuse, being locked up or caged?
I mean there's an obvious, albeit equally uncomfortable answer to this

kanye thinks they're lying and is aligning himself with someone he feels has been unfairly slandered

I don't think that's a defensible perspective but it is most likely to be Kanye's

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Yea everyone who listened to the album is fine with rapists, homophobes and domestic abusers. Astute observation.

Any rational person, even the staunchest Kanye fan, realizes he's a fool for his antics. He's a narcissistic asshole - it is known. Just because you and others are only now catching wind doesn't mean I have to join in on your crusade. What would you have folks do? Start exclusively listening to and making Era threads for Taylor Swift? I don't understand. People deeply invested in the culture and not simply hopping on the latest wave of sanctimonious headhunting HAVE BEEN calling Kanye on his bullshit for years. The same man "caping" for Dababy was also the same dude championing Frank Ocean and talking about rap's toxic homophobia years ago. Doesn't make the prior okay but I'm not about to immediately write him off as some bigot. I didn't even know if I could fuck with him after the MAGA shit. But truly Kanye doesn't owe any political party their allegiance, and I just want to believe that was his point, however poorly articulated it came across.

I'm going to try and not read this as needlessly aggressive as it seems to come across. But just in case, let me clarify a few things.

1. I did not make that "astute observation". I didn't even imply it. But a lot of Kanye fans I know both here and IRL are shrugging off the Manson thing. It's so shocking to me that I feel like I'm missing an element of Kanye's caping for him.

2. I did not "only just now catch wind" of Kanye being an asshole. I've known about his antics for over a decade now but maybe I'm not numb to them? Maybe his antics keep getting more explicitly vile in my eyes? Because to my last point here---

3. I am not talking about politics, I am not talking about everyone running off to listen to Taylor Swift instead. 15 women accused Manson of horrific, sexual violence against them. That's not "politics", that's not me picking any agenda. I don't know how else to explain that.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Besides some of the skits/interludes that I'll be skipping on re-listens this is really good, easily the best Kanye album since Yeezus (KSG is great, but it's a collab)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't agree with the zero star reviews, it makes no sense to me. You are reviewing a piece of art, not the story behind how it came to be. Yes Manson should be in jail (ironic that he shouts "Who's going to jail", you are mofo) but its like seeing an artwork from Warhol or the "Sister" project from Nicholas Nixon, you will get the feeling from the visuals and than immediately go "no fuck it, they aren't good cause some piece of shit made them" ? Personally that's not what I would think. Also usually the artists are fucked up since their emotional side is far superior to their logic side and they take inspiration from dark places, if we ban all their output just because the people that make it are shitty persons the World would and up with mediocre art at best. It would be more correct if the reviewer said "I refuse to review a piece of art that has a rapist in it" rather than "It felt bad, 0 stars cause I couldnt enjoy it duo to the rapist"
Alternatively, I hold massive respect for the woman that decides, actually, working with, upholding and crediting someone who rapes and tortures women is enough to warrant a rejection of that work from being promoted and judged in modern media. That it is a reflection of a better society when working with someone who beats, tortures, and abuses women is enough to have your content rejected from being plastered with top press, reviews and lauded. Someone who is willing to act upon that by doing her part in working toward that.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Kanye's point isn't that everyone accusing people of doing bad things is lying, it's that everyone who does bad things can find redemption.

Obviously this point should not be made through a completely unapologetic sociopathic monster like Marilyn Manson, is the real problem. Kanye completely lacks the self awareness required to know when his actions pass the point of moral, and aligning even if only in the vaguest human terms with a person like Manson is a horrific mistake that clearly rocketed way way way past the line of acceptance

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
Kanye's point isn't that everyone accusing people of doing bad things is lying, it's that everyone who does bad things can find redemption.

Obviously this point should not be made through a completely unapologetic sociopathic monster like Marilyn Manson, is the real problem. Kanye completely lacks the self awareness required to know when his actions pass the point of moral, and aligning even if only in the vaguest human terms with a person like Manson is a horrific mistake that clearly rocketed way way way past the line of acceptance
I can see him trying to pull out DaBaby--that's a very Kanye thing to do for attention/controversy alongside the album's theme. Manson was a head scratcher. I didn't believe it was him at first...

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Alternatively, I hold massive respect for the woman that decides, actually, working with, upholding and crediting someone who rapes and tortures women is enough to warrant a rejection of that work from being promoted and judged in modern media. That it is a reflection of a better society when working with someone who beats, tortures, and abuses women is enough to have your content rejected from being plastered with top press, reviews and lauded. Someone who is willing to act upon that by doing her part in working toward that.
Thank you. I wish comments like this weren't such an outlier but I really appreciate you saying this and I wanted to tell you that.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Envy makes my skin crawl (did you see the Desus/Mero interview?) but he isn't lying in this instance. Kanye has some awful enablers surrounding him. Lol but damn I'm shocked to see they went so hard at him lolol.
Kanye has had an absolute fuck-ton of good will built up over his career that mainstream hip-hop was going to ultimately burn through if he didn't start picking things up where it mattered - the music.

Every time he does these crazy, attention-getting things without delivering the music to back it up, it makes everyone else look like brainwashed sheep.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I think this album is really good but the things Kanye has done over the past few years publicly include things so heinous that I don't think he deserves to be viewed in a positive way by the public ever again

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

Kanye said yesterday that Dababy was gonna be on Jail Pt.2 cause he was the only hip-hop figure who publicly stated he'd vote for him.

Take this notion that Kanye is interested in the potential redemption in folks who are apologetic and sell it elsewhere; Kanye gives 0 shits on who the person is - he likes people if they say they like him. Narcissists tend to do that.

bshark

Banned
Jun 25, 2018
Kanye said yesterday that Dababy was gonna be on Jail Pt.2 cause he was the only hip-hop figure who publicly stated he'd vote for him.

Take this notion that Kanye is interested in the potential redemption in folks who are apologetic and sell it elsewhere; Kanye gives 0 shits on who the person is - he likes people if they say they like him. Narcissists tend to do that.

Trump-level mentality. I'm shocked this goon (Kayne) mimics his idol (Trump).

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
this album and that last listening party performance are very blatantly about finding redemption and becoming a better person after doing bad things

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
You know people might be willing to accept that premise more if he didnt pick a fucking rapist to collaborate with and had him taunting about not going to jail or whatever
Marilyn Manson is a monstrous piece of shit who deserves to rot in hell and he shouldn't be on here or anywhere and I am not defending any part of his inclusion

But please tell me how his performance of the lyric "we're all liars, guess who's going to jail tonight", a lyric Kanye (or one of Kanye's writers) wrote about being incarcerated over bad behavior, is taunting people about not going to jail

Yall just be saying shit

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to stop propping up a MAGA chud rape/homophobia apologist.
my post isn't propping up Kanye west. it's telling you that if you don't have any idea what mental illness is, specifically sociopathy, especially where someone is already suffering from mental illness is concerned you should probably STFU. this pertains to anyone, not just Kanye. tf is wrong with you?

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my post isn't propping up Kanye west. it's telling you that if you don't have any idea what mental illness is, specifically sociopathy, especially where someone is already suffering from mental illness is concerned you should probably STFU.
How far does this excuse go with West's behavior?

Enabling rapists, homophobes, right wing extremists. Is it just that he gets a free pass to never have accountability for any of his actions because of mental illness?

Btw a hallmark of sociopathy is an extreme lack of conscience and if trotting out a rapist and someone most famous for being homophobic isn't that, I don't know what is. So actually you should probably STFU

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're a licensed psychiatrist or neurologist you shouldn't be diagnosing Kanye West with jack and or shit whether to attack or defend him.

Until such a diagnosis is made public, he's not a sociopath, bipolar, or anything else. He's just a massive fucking asshole.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
How far does this excuse go with West's behavior?

Enabling rapists, homophobes, right wing extremists. Is it just that he gets a free pass to never have accountability for any of his actions because of mental illness?

Btw a hallmark of sociopathy is an extreme lack of conscience and if trotting out a rapist and someone most famous for being homophobic isn't that, I don't know what is. So actually you should probably STFU
im going to ask you to stop misconstruing mental illness a third time. like why triple down on this bullshit?

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): inflammatory accusations
im going to ask you to stop misconstruing mental illness a third time. like why triple down on this bullshit?
I'm going to ask you to stop propping up a MAGA chud rape/ homophobia apologist. Do you even think at all about the queer people and/ or the survivors of sexual assault on this board?

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're a licensed psychiatrist or neurologist you shouldn't be diagnosing Kanye West with jack and or shit whether to attack or defend him.

Until such a diagnosis is made public, he's not a sociopath, bipolar, or anything else. He's just a massive fucking asshole.
his bipolar diagnosis has been made very public , why would you include it here?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

He is actually diagnosed as bipolar tho

www.google.nl

Kim Kardashian West Is Right. We Need To Confront The Stigma Around Bipolar Disorder

"We have begun to accept things like depression and anxiety, particularly when they manifest as gentle, self-contained sadness or relatable nerves. We are less willing to confront the messier, scarier symptoms of mental illness"

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
That choir on 24 is amazing…sounds like it was pitched down with some flanger type effect. Shit sounds magical.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to ask you to stop propping up a MAGA chud rape/ homophobia apologist. Do you even think at all about the queer people and/ or the survivors of sexual assault on this board?
what are you even talking about?

you're not a professional. STOP TRYING TO ATTRIBUTE PEOPLES ACTIONS TO MENTAL ILLNESS YOU KNOW JACKSHIT ABOUT. I literally would've ignored your post if you didn't bring up sociopathy.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
So you don't then. Cool.

STOP HANDWAVING PROPPING UP RAPISTS AND HOMOPHOBES
you don't get to accuse someone of defending a homophobe when they're not defending a homophobe. I'm not handwaving anything, you're not making any sense, and you're literally just labelling people in this thread without even showing any semblance of good faith posting.

I'm assuming you can focus on more than one thing at a time so you can understand how talking ignorantly about mental illness can also be attended to when talking about homophobia. unfortunately for your lack of reading comprehension, i don't need to defend my alleged handwaving of homophobia or sexual assault because im not handwaving these horrific things nor have i once in this thread. kanye is an idiot for including these people on his album and at his listening party, you on the other hand directly and continually proliferate idiotic stigmas on mental illness the more you continue to shitpost in this threadd. but you have no fucking clue what sociopathy means so im going to just keep reporting you and move on.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got a chance to sit down and give it a listen. As I'm typing this I'm listening to Late Registration, just bobbing my head, forgot how many songs I loved on this album. Anyways, can't stand Kanye these days but there's usually a handful of songs on each album I kinda hate to love.

On Donda, while there is no song I dislike, there is not a single song I want to listen to again. I can't even bob my head to a bunch of Donda. This is not an album I will ever want to listen to in its entirety again, the songs all follow a similar formula, very little to no progression in the beats. I think the people who say the album is really good should go back to some previous albums and see if they still feel the same way.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Not when spotify exists and costs you literally nothing to check out.

Please stop.

It is completely dishonest to look at those numbers and say, "People love a train wreck."

No. People love Kanye's music. Personally, I think this album is average and only better than ye and Jesus is King but Kanye's popularity is indisputable, even in the face of his MAGA bullshit.

The truth is that most people outside of communities like Era simply don't care. They'll listen to his music despite that.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Independent: zero stars

www.independent.co.uk

Marilyn Manson overshadows everything about Kanye West’s Donda – review

West is evidently surrounded by a team who are too scared or too exhausted to say ‘no’, but it speaks volumes of society’s apathy towards rape survivors that Universal would release this album with Manson on it

Gonna have to redo a ton of reviews if we're automatically giving 0 stars to artists who've knowingly worked with, or are abusers.