Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was well done, but even despite that, it does not look very good. Incredibly tryhard-y.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
nextshark.com

‘Hard pass’: Netflix’s ‘Kate’ criticized for having a white protagonist who’s out to 'kill Asians'

A number of social media users are saying no to a new action-adventure film from Netflix after learning that its white protagonist is headed for an Asian murder spree. What’s it about: “Kate,” which releases on Sept. 10, centers on a “ruthless criminal operative” who was poisoned and left with...

Kate is getting criticism for being about a white protagonist killing Asian bad guys.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
So the movie's been out since a few days (weeks?), any impressions? RT score is kind of a mixed bag both with critics and audience.... (41% and 55% respectively).

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
very standard revenge film plot and a hard-to-buy relationship with the protag and the teenage supporting character.

the choreography was great for a lot of the action and i really liked how some scenes were shot. besides that you will be able to call everything that happens in the movie about halfway through.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another middling jonhnwick-esque action movie, the Japanese setting makes it stand out from the pack a bit at least. MEW isn't too shabby as an action hero, certainly put in a big effort into her role.

Last edited:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This was a really fun action movie. It didn't need to be anything else. Also, MEW was fantastic.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it aswell, sometimes its nice to have a movie that's just fun and doesn't take itself so seriously

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Dragged a tad bit but still decent. Nice music and setting. MEW has a lot of charisma.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
netflix has the worst batting average for having unlimited money and the supposed ability to algorithmically know what its viewers should like.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally a somewhat enjoyable Netflix action flick.

I am a sucker for neon lights though.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i finally watched maniac and it was okay, but you can almost see the algorithm make that show in front of your eyes, and its worse for it. idk maybe i should finally watch the irishman, i've been on a scorsese kick.