• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
As a fellow TD (former in my case as I went back to university), I feel jealous cos she's probably better at her job than I used to ^^

When I came out I just went to work in a dress and nothing else happened haha, which is nice in my own way

Congrats to her, visibility of us trans people is always warm to see

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for her as well, it's great to see Xbox is showing support, Phil continues to be a great leader that I personally admire}
I hope someday in the future this kind of news becomes the norm in the world

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
As a fellow TD (former in my case as I went back to university), I feel jealous cos she's probably better at her job than I used to ^^

When I came out I just went to work in a dress and nothing else happened haha, which is nice in my own way

Congrats to her, visibility of us trans people is always warm to see

Lol. Yeah she seems to be super talented at her role considering the technical chops of The Coalition.

Good for her that she feels confident enough to reveal she is transgender to the world.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Good for her. Seems like everyday we have more and more people finally finding comfort in themselves and I'm happy to see it.

Good on Phil being quick with that reply too.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Incredible happy for her! Congratulations! Also great to see MS/Xbox and Phil showing their respect and support.

Just... don't bother to check posts on twitter.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Congrats Kate. You are one of the most talented people in our industry, and now one of the bravest. Can't wait to see what wizardry you bring you lead the team to from here on out.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Congrats to her! It's awesome to see her receiving support at this time and living her life as her true self.

Phil's comment is awesome too and a great example and step in the right direction for the industry.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Congrats. It's awesome that she feels supported at her work place. Really good to see.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She's so damn talented. The Coalition is one of the best studios out there and she is a major part of that. Happy for her.

I'm glad she locked the comments. YT, twitter, facebook comments etc are mostly garbage anyway.

MS is also doing great in this regard, respect. Hope they lead by example. People need to feel safe and respected. We still have a long way to go but this is the way.

Also happy that Kate really feels supported by MS. And great of Phil to reply too in such a strong way. I can guess a lot of the reactions to his tweet but F em. Keep this going Phil.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thats great to hear, congrats to her for being able to go public with this and for Phil (+hopefully the whole industry) to be this supportive.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Great for her, she's a credit to the Coalition. Her technical talent has lead them to be one of the best in the industry for sure.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
It's encouraging to see high profile people feel that they can be themselves in this industry. This is how the world slowly changes into a more accepting place: queer visibility and public examples of acceptance.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I'm really happy for her, and really glad she's doing this. Must take nerves of steel, so it's really important for companies to have their employee's backs like this.

cursed beef

Jan 3, 2021
I'm very happy for her on a personal level and wish more people (including myself) could have the courage, support, and acceptance necessary to live their true lives.

That said, this being framed as some sort of PR announcement, emphasising a corporation's inclusive attitude, complete with her boss chiming in, skeeves me out completely. But I guess that's where we're at with identity and brands these days so eh.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is great to see. Good for her and kudos to Phill for being decent about it, just congratulating her and resposting her message, letting her speak for herself.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for her, and everyone else who feels safe to do so. Still a lot to work to do in the industry, but I have hope it's always improving and I'm glad to see threads and responses like these celebrating it, and in some cases helping others as I have seen on the better side of Twitter.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very happy for her on a personal level and wish more people (including myself) could have the courage, support, and acceptance necessary to live their true lives.

That said, this being framed as some sort of PR announcement, emphasising a corporation's inclusive attitude, complete with her boss chiming in, skeeves me out completely. But I guess that's where we're at with identity and brands these days so eh.
I... I don't see a problem... If a corporation is inclusive and the boss supportive, what the hell is the problem?