• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
imagine if a woman got invited to a birthday party.

A man then greets them and when she turns around he pulls down her pants and underwear exposing her to everyone in the room.
Now imagine the comments that would be in that thread compared to this one. Holy...

Oct 27, 2017
Here we have one of the few instances of a man feeling comfortable enough to come out about his abuse and yet we have some users that just can't help but harp on his use of the word "female".

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's very confusing when you're younger and something like that happens because society trained us to think that was a "fuck yeah" moment but it doesn't feel like it. I'd bet most dudes have had a moment like that, just confusing.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whilst I can sort of imagine KP doing this after a few drinks (I imagine she's a horrible drunk), the guy isn't exactly credible either.

He's been infatuated with her ever since filming the Teenage Dream MV, to concerning levels (writing songs for her, planning an imaginary life together). His post where he makes the claims reads as a pity piece, he mention his gf was cheating on him which has no relevance whatsoever and says he was hurt by KP telling others that having to kiss him during filming was gross even though he was an actor and she a married woman.

He makes out the alleged incident was traumatic and yet he sells dick pics and nudes on his onlyfans account. If it did happen, would someone so comfortable exposing themselves to compete strangers really feel all that traumatised having their ultimate crush doing it instead?

To me this is either delusions from an obsessive man or cheap use of the metoo movement for some publicity.

Having said that, of course it's wrong if he was exposed against his will but context is massively important too.

By this logic any actress who had leaks from the iCloud incident a few years back (Jennifer Lawrence etc) but who also does nude scenes in film is fine? Christ.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
It's pathetic that the very same people in this thread who are victim blaming Josh Kloss consider themselves strongly opposed to rape. I swear, pop fandom can be a sickness for some.

Oct 25, 2017
It's very confusing when you're younger and something like that happens because society trained us to think that was a "fuck yeah" moment but it doesn't feel like it. I'd bet most dudes have had a moment like that, just confusing.
Years ago before I knew it was screwed up I shrugged it off because I thought I'd be called a 'pussy' for complaining.
It contributed to a lot of resentment in my late teens.
Even now in my mid twenties it still messes with me sometimes, ngl.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how it's helpful to break out in hives at the mere mention of the word female used in the 'wrong' way. Go look on twitter and see people of both sexes who are ostensibly not misogynistic weirdos use it in similar ways. never mind the no doubt countless examples in real life. Apparently not everyone has gotten the memo that you can only use this it in a way that members of a video game enthusiast forum have seen fit. They can't all be alt right incels

Does it get used in a reductive, demeaning way in malignant corners of the web? Sure. Is the mere use of it in a clumsy way an automatic red flag? Not really?

As for the thread subject at hand. That's fucked up, but it would have to take something really heinous to even get anywhere near the amount of deserved flack some of the dudes have gotten as a result of me too, even if she does have an iffy history. Sadly sexual assault on men is still quite trivialised

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People would respond that if you told em "someone dropped my pants and showed my cock to everyone"?

I don't believe people would react like that here. You'd be a massive creep if you did that to someone.

You would be surprised how people can react towards sexual harassment and sexual assault victims, and while it's really hard to get people to believe victims or sympathize with them whether they're a man or a woman, men have to deal with the uniquely difficult issue of toxic masculinity. I don't know if people 'here' would respond in the way that that poster was talking about, but all three of those are really common talking points that you'll hear from every society around the world. You're expected to not complain because someone found you attractive, you're expected to be strong and you're expected to not be vulnerable and act like something like this bothers you, or that you're making a big deal out of 'nothing'.

Our world and the cultures that we've cultivated are absolutely terrible at listening to victims and treating them with the respect they deserve.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Years ago before I knew it was screwed up I shrugged it off because I thought I'd be called a 'pussy' for complaining.
It contributed to a lot of resentment in my late teens.
Even now in my mid twenties it still messes with me sometimes, ngl.
Yeah, it was a over a decade ago in my teens in a club, basically if you weren't hyper masculine about it you'd get called gay or a pussy.

I just remember being really confused, like this is what I'm supposed to want.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see how it's helpful to break out in hives at the mere mention of the word female used in the 'wrong' way. Go look on twitter and see people of both sexes who are ostensibly not misogynistic weirdos use it in similar ways. never mind the no doubt countless examples in real life. Apparently not everyone has gotten the memo that you can only use this it in a way that members of a video game enthusiast forum have seen fit. They can't all be alt right incels

Does it get used in a reductive, demeaning way in malignant corners of the web? Sure. Is the mere use of it in a clumsy way an automatic red flag? Not really?

As for the thread subject at hand. That's fucked up, but it would have to take something really heinous to even get anywhere near the amount of deserved flack some of the dudes have gotten as a result of me too, even if she does have an iffy history. Sadly sexual assault on men is still quite trivialised

yes, it is quite clear that there are some people who are very keen to jump to conclusions based on the use of one word rather than engage emotionally with someone revealing that they were sexually harassed (a very emotional and difficult moment for them, no doubt).

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
People would respond that if you told em "someone dropped my pants and showed my cock to everyone"?

I don't believe people would react like that here. You'd be a massive creep if you did that to someone.

This is the thing that sucks, it's not like I did not have witnesses, but people don't want to get involved unless it benefits them sometimes.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
While i understand that some investigation and defense arguments from the other side are going to be made and evidence needs to be presented, the blatant victim blaming from Perry's friends is really something.

Johnny Wujek said:
Oh hell no. I'm not about to let you make accusations against my friend like this. This is such bullshit. Katy would never do something like that We all know about your on going obsession with her since the day of filming that video. You were writing her music. And planning an imaginary future with her. It's not ok to do this to people who have done nothing but uplift and inspire others. Focus on your life and your daughter and move on josh. I'll be praying for you. We all will

Markus Molinari said:
He is lying. Remember you texted me saying how you're in love with her and you wrote her a song? And how soon you'll be able to flying anywhere to meet her. You were paid for a job like any other job you've had but your obsession with Katy has hit another level. Stop lying to yourself and find peace ✌🏻 in your life. Move on."

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

A man then greets them and when she turns around he pulls down her pants and underwear exposing her to everyone in the room.
Now imagine the comments that would be in that thread compared to this one. Holy...
To be fair, the power dynamics between a man sexually harassing a woman are obviously significantly different than a woman doing it to a man, but yeah this is very wrong, and I don't know how people can see it otherwise. Part of the problem of course is that this is something guys do to each other as well, as a prank or hazing type shit, so a lot of people are going to be desensitized to it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, the power dynamics between a man sexually harassing a woman are obviously significantly different than a woman doing it to a man, but yeah this is very wrong, and I don't know how people can see it otherwise. Part of the problem of course is that this is something guys do to each other as well, as a prank or hazing type shit, so a lot of people are going to be desensitized to it.
The power dynamics are not different, especially not in this scenario where Perry is significantly more wealthy, famous, and powerful than this dude. Women can and do rape and sexually harass men, and it is so much more common than most people think. I was considering making a thread about this issue prior to posting this one, but after seeing some of the responses here I'm definitely doing it. Otherwise people are just perpetuating dangerous rape myths.

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, men do it to men as well. Speaking from personal experience.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

what word would she call men in this scenario that the first reply would mention? trying to imagine, help me out a bit please.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
This thread is an absolute clusterfuck and peak Resetera. I'd say never change but HOLY SHIT Please change.

OT: I can't imagine the embarrassment and frustration the victim must've felt; I hope that Perry faces SOME form of repercussions for her actions, she can't keep getting away with this bullshit.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
why cant I say female anymore?? is that a baf word now?
To make it very short, you never see people saying "what this male did sucks". You only see it used with women, and it's generally a misogynistic term. Using it as an adjective is ok. Like, "there exist male and female characteristics". What's not so cool is saying "what this female did sucks". It's dehumanizing and generally used by assholes.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She has some serious ego issues. Anyone remember the story about her high school crush? She went to her old highschool when she got really famous and proceeded to talk shit to her crush that never knew she even liked him. It backfired on her. The guy ended up with his highschool crush and are/were happily married:

It all happened on Tuesday when Katy returned to their alma mater near Santa Barbara, Calif., and spotted Shane in the crowd: "You were the most popular kid in my class!" she told the audience looking right at Shane. "You never wanted to date me, it was always Amanda Wayne. You really chose right, honey. What's up now!? I'm going to dedicate this next one to Shane Lopes." She then started strumming her guitar and sang her hit song Ur So Gay.

....So now that the I Kissed A Girl singer is a worldwide sensation, does Shane wish he could turn back the clock? "No, I don't have any regrets," Lopes said. "I'm actually engaged to my high school sweetheart!"

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
First she plagiarizes a Christian rapper and then she goes and does this? Katy Perry is done
Unless she pulls a ke$ha, nah. She's too tight with music producers to have her career destroyed.

She should be done with Disney and Idol however. No way to be redeemed here. She's too risky to have representing your brand.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She has some serious ego issues. Anyone remember the story about her high school crush? She went to her old highschool when she got really famous and proceeded to talk shit to her crush that never knew she even liked him. It backfired on her. The guy ended up with his highschool crush and are/were happily married:

Holy shit, if a male singer did something like this he'd rightfully be called a douchebag, not to mention a loser.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
You know, if a man came up to a woman and grabbed her breasts or vagina I'd fully support her slapping or even decking the sketchy motherfucker but as men, we obviously can't do that which means a verbal response or ignoring it altogether.

That's really fucked up by the way.

Women hitting men is also not alright. Believing it is more acceptable than the opposite is part of the sexist notion that women are weak, men are strong (eg, men can receive a slap because they "can take them") .

Sexual aggressions should be called out, and people have the right to defend themselves in any way possible, but let's not continue gender stereotypes by still believing that women hitting men is alright.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people marry this behaviour with her fame? We all knew a person who would do this shit at university, but most of us also stopped hanging out with them at university.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Women hitting men is also not alright. Believing it is more acceptable than the opposite is part of the sexist notion that women are weak, men are strong (eg, men can receive a slap because they "can take them") .

Sexual aggressions should be called out, and people have the right to defend themselves in any way possible, but let's not continue gender stereotypes by still believing that women hitting men is alright.
I don't think they were saying it alright.....it's more like sadly no one cares.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know why people marry this behaviour with her fame? We all knew a person who would do this shit at university, but most of us also stopped hanging out with them at university.
It's not exclusive to fame, agreed, but fame and wealth can bring out the worst in people. So maybe she was not confident enough or popular enough in school to do this, but now she thinks she is all that because she is famous.

For a personal example, I had a friend who grew up in a low to middle class family who was kind and giving. He then got a great job at the government and now completely ignores his family and friends. He actually told me one night, when having a beer, that he doesn't hang out with most of his old friends because they can't afford to do the things he wants or go to the types of bars and restaurants he goes to. Safe to say I no longer associate with that person.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
He's getting hammered by her stans.
Of course, the court of public opinion will not be on his side until more than one person steps forward. Even then "fans" won't be swayed. I mean shit look at Chris Brown, beats the crap out of Rhianna and people still worship the ground he walks on. It's kind of disgusting.

On the one hand it was pretty damn brave of him to come forward. He knew he was going to get hit with the "she would never do that!" Type of responses. Problem is people always believe someone is not capable of some heinous shit....until they do it to them.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LOL, I remember when this story first made the rounds. What a spectacular bit of self-ownage by a celebrity. Trying to publicly humiliate some normal guy for not dating her in the past. She's a lame.