Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
There'll probably be a video interview later, but tweets:

Able to make a costume for a classic character.

Friends can download your custom characters even if you don't have cosmetic DLC, won't be able to edit it.

Thought that was worth a thread.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the one costume will have multiple color palettes. Each of the fighters at E3 had two color choices.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>no alt costumes

QdsGiaN.jpg

remaking costumes yourself doesn't sound like a good substitute. especially when the devs can give us both then

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Oh man, this doesn't sound good. The alt costumes in the older games were always great. Especially Ivy and Siegfried's, usually :(

And no blonde Maxi anymore. Man.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Having an custom character that looks vaguely like the one you want just isn't the same without being able to attach the correct voice actors...

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Could you download peoples custom costumes in older titles? Because that is a pretty cool feature. The last SC I played was 2 on gamecube and there was no customs or downloads at that time, obviously, lol.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
"now by popular demand, we are adding alternate costumes back into the game! just buy these DLC packs and..."

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's a shame. Seems like this week is nothing but bad news for SC6. Hope it does well in the end.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Yeah, I was a bit down about no alt costumes when I read this earlier.

They better have given us a lot of customization options, then, if they think that's going to be a decent stand-in.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
No alt costumes is disappointing to hear. Some of the best designs in the series were alt outfits.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Perhaps they should have focused on delivering the full-fat experience™ at release before starting development on DLC.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
how to kill hype for your game in just two easy steps!

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not picking this up at launch anymore.

DLC already with one of my mains being held hostage, and now this. Damn.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The whole time I see the awful and skimpy costumes shown I've just gone "well, here's hoping the alternates are good."

Whelp.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. I want to support this series, especially after V, but this is really starting to seem like a half-baked production.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm not gonna lie:

I'm a little disappointed this thread isn't about Kanye West's thoughts on souls calibur like I thought it was

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Come on, the amount of customization always lets you make sick ass costumes if you want to.

The point of Alts is having cool costumes for your characters, you're fine.

And if you're not talented with the custom creator apparently this is fine since you can use others' creations !

Wonder if you can download alt costumes for non CaC though. Even if not you can just replicate a look after it's posted :) .

It makes it kinda fun.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Daww, that's a shame. The second costume is typically the better one (way less fanservice-y at least).

Still, pretty happy with everything else I've seen, so not a huge deal.
I'm not gonna lie:

I'm a little disappointed this thread isn't about Kanye West's thoughts on souls calibur like I thought it was
zZHDFsq.jpg

There you go. About as coherent as it would be.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are the chars themselves not editable? You have to make some kind of approximation with a cas?

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We got a second singleplayer mode! Did everyone just miss that announcement?

An entire weapon master mode with rpg elements, another story mode with voices/cutscenes and art from an SNK vet, extensive reworking of the battle system emphasizing character uniqueness/ranges/traits.

I'm convinced that the only people who can satisfy fans are NRS and Nintendo.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I'm sure it will be DLC but the fact that there's not even 1 extra costume also seems like they are pushing this game out as soon as possible. I remain skeptical about the amount of content.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
This is upsetting but damn people in here are dramatic. Fighting games are for the gameplay in the end.

Casual audience still makes up most of the sales. Something as normal as alternate outfits not being a thing even if CaS exists isn't a good look.
Then denuvo also got confirmed for the pc version
And you have the Tira situation

Bad press for a game in a niche genre like fighting games isn't good especially not when we are getting closer to release and Bamco has to convice people to pick it up in between all the big releases

Getting kinda overshadowed by the other news

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017

That's great news, sure. Just all the other things are overshadowing the good stuff. The Tira DLC stuff is the real baffling part of all of this.

Have we got any more information on single player content? Will custom parts be tied into unlocking them with these modes?

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
"just wait, they'll reveal alts later. How do you know they won't be in?"

Yes, this is a goddamn "told ya" post

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Hey guys I figured out why there will be no alt costumes!!!!

they will be sold as dlc to us like Tira

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They should just have made preset 2nd costumes using custom character parts.