• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This news coming from Jason Schreier's Bloomberg newsletter where he interviewed the brothers of Ember Lab.

Previously they dabbled in animations and commercials with Kena being their first game. They also mentioned their next game will be narrative-driven just like Kena.

The Griers wouldn't say exactly how many copies of Kena they've sold, but they said they've recouped the game's initial costs and have been pleasantly surprised with sales so far. "It's hard to tell what's a huge success," said Josh. "Sony's happy."

Kena's success has allowed Ember Lab to become a full-time game developer. They're not yet sure what their next title will look like, but they know it'll be a narrative-driven video game like Kena.

"We're not going back to commercials," said Josh.

Couple of other tidbits in the article here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...e-playstation5-almost-never-happened-in-covid

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered the physical PS5 version less than 5 minutes ago. Sony better be firing money guns at Ember Labs to secure their next game already.

Banned
Jun 12, 2021
I loved Kena so much. I'm so happy for the team, bring their next project!

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
Haven't gotten around to this one, but I'm happy it did well for them. I love the art style and I'm looking forward to playing it one day. I really need to finish Psychonauts 2 first though.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Good for them, it was a neat little game.

Looking forward to see what they do next.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
They made commercials before? I just thought they were a new studio that was already a full-time game dev.

RelaxedSun

Oct 31, 2017
Congrats to the team. I really enjoyed the game. It was short and sweet. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the future.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Kena was absolutely fantastic there was no doubt Sony would buy them out in my mind. Kena, funny enough, contains some of my favorite bosses that I've ever seen.

Woodcutter, I loved you so much. Great design. Just so many memorable bosses.

Loved the length of the game, the graphics, ooooh. Just makes me wanna swoon. But dont let the cute characters fool you this game has teeth if you play on Normal or above

Had more puzzles then I'd expect but they weren't too hard or overused

LifeLike

Oct 31, 2017
I've been playing this game in M Dread for a couple of weeks now.
This game at Master difficulty is extremely good !

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
this is like when you quit your retail job for something you're passionate about, but its a whole ass company

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
I like it so far, I'm only halfway through.

Glad it sold well, and I hope they quickly get a publishing deal for another game.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Nice.

I don't have my PS4 and my PC can't run it, so I haven't picked it up yet, but it's good to hear the game is selling well. It's looked fantastic.

picasso

Oct 28, 2017
been playing this for the past week and i love it. for their first game it's incredibly polished. it's harder than i expected, but that's a nice surprise!

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoyed my time with the game. Hopefully they have the confidence of Sony to invest in a even more ambitious game.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Where's our Kena Stan?

I really feel like they'd be a fantastic purchase for Sony. It would be great to have a couple smaller studios producing games like Kena. It was such an awesome experience, and I'd love to see a sequel.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
It was obvious that Sony promoted Kena but I didn't know that they were funding it. But why aren't they publishing it and released a retail copy day one?

flyingorion

Dec 4, 2017
Kena is my favorite new IP of 2021. I'm so glad to see Ember Labs is getting success and critical acclaim. It just hit me in all the good ways of what I've been wanting out of an action-adventure game.