• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, look forward to playing it. This always looked like a game with style over substance, to some extent, and I'm totally ok with that.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I bought this on PC when I got my 3070 Ti.

I enjoyed it, but I stopped playing it after getting to a large difficulty spike. I wanted to go back to it, but I just haven't felt like it. And to be honest, I feel fulfilled by what I played.

If you decide to buy the game just because it looks good, I don't think it's a bad time at all.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty good, and really hits its stride in the second third.

Also the soundtrack in unbelievable

ternarybanana

Apr 5, 2024
I bought this at launch on EGS and played a fair bit of it, but dropped off because I was kind of transitioning back console gaming at the time. This would be a good reason to pick it back up, especially if it hits Game Pass.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the game definitely has "launch game" vibes but I still had a really good time with it. I can't really think it'll be a bad first experience in 2024 but I guess like all things YMMV.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first hour or two wasn't all that exciting but I pushed through and ended up pretty impressed (in the context of a first time effort by a new studio).

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Very meh game for me, but my friend loved it as she hasn't played loads of games.

Very impressive from an animation studio.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fun little game and a great first attempt for the studio's first outing. Looks pretty too. Can't wait to see what they accomplish next with more time, experience and hopefully budget.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Adding to the echo of people the greatly enjoyed it. Beautiful lush visuals, lots of variety, surprisingly challenging combat with satisfying exploits to adapt and learn. I couldn't put it down until I got the plat.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
It's a great game and I'd def recommend to those who haven't played it.

If Pixar made a souls-light game.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
I don't know it they patched it, but the last segments the difficulty increased too much. I remember have to put it on easy to beat it.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I liked it, you should support it if you want these developers to release future games on your platform, otherwise you don't need to.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Very cute and fun game, I hope it does well on Xbox. The little rot guys are adorable. My only complaint is the difficulty seemed a bit high for what ostensibly looks like a game for children. I struggled with it on normal, and ended up bumping it down to easy.

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting how mutliple folks are referring to this a launch game when it came out almost a year after the PS5 came out.

Probably has something to do with the fact that I believe it was originally supposed to be a launch game?

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I almost gave up on this game ever coming to Xbox. I always thought it looked like something I'd enjoy. I'm glad it's still on track to release on Xbox!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
How's the game in the end?
Extremely mediocre and frustrating. I really wanted to like it, but it's frankly kind of bad.

You are honestly the first person I've ever heard say this. I thought it was more of a Pikmin-like.

So is it kind if like a blend of a souls game and Pikmin? Is it a decently tough game? What exactly is soulslike about it, the level structure and general flow of combat.
It's nothing at all like Pikmin and even the Souls comparison is questionable.

It's a wide-linear action-adventure game focused on combat (with very janky and annoying mechanics) and middling puzzles and exploration and a completely forgetabble story.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Game design/structure does sort of remind me of some PS2 era games when developers were riffing a lot on Ocarina of Time still. Stuff like that Eurocom game Sphinx. There's some charm there but I remember feeling like it sort of wore out its welcome a little and dragged a little longer than it needed to. I had a good time with it overall though.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Hope the game launches on GP. It's a very late port so I can't see too many XBox players biting a full price. I only played it on PS5 once it was on PS+. I only played a few hours but it looked good and played...fine. It didn't hold my interest but it's not bad.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this game was friggin amazing, genuinely thrilling boss fights, fun puzzles, and slapping, percussive soundtrack

Oct 29, 2017
You are honestly the first person I've ever heard say this. I thought it was more of a Pikmin-like.

So is it kind if like a blend of a souls game and Pikmin? Is it a decently tough game? What exactly is soulslike about it, the level structure and general flow of combat.

Extremely mediocre and frustrating. I really wanted to like it, but it's frankly kind of bad.

It's nothing at all like Pikmin and even the Souls comparison is questionable.

It's a wide-linear action-adventure game focused on combat (with very janky and annoying mechanics) and middling puzzles and exploration and a completely forgetabble story.

Its a Zelda like with platforming elements in the main but it has some elements of Pikmin with the rot and the combat does owe a little to Souls in the boss design - its a Pixar movie with some genuine bite.

I adored it - one of my favourite games of this generation

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fun little game and a great first attempt for the studio's first outing. Looks pretty too. Can't wait to see what they accomplish next with more time, experience and hopefully budget.

This echoes my thoughts as well.

There was obviously a lot of love put into it and I'll be keeping an eye out for the team's next game.