• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks AoM for linking this originally in the Berserk OT.

Summary of the recent interview (mangahelpers):

- Duranki is made under Miura's Studio Gaga. For the series, he is credited as writer and producer.

- For Duranki, assistants are taking care of the inking. As writer & producer, right now he makes the storyboard, sketch the draft, quality checking and final adjustments. (like "Art Director" in anime production).

- Three assistants on-site, one remote.

- For Berserk, he draws all the characters and background. Assistants are only in charge of tones, buildings, background soldiers or far-off scenery. Recently he started having them draw the ground too.

- He is usually fast with storyboarding, so he doesn't think this new series will affect Berserk production. Main bottleneck is the art, because he tries to draw everything by himself.

- He hopes to use Duranki as an opportunity to improve his assistants' skills so that he will be more comfortable offloading more of Berserk work to his assistants too. Potentially speeding up Berserk releases.

- Eventually, his goal is to only do the storyboard and final adjustments for Duranki and let his assistants do the rest.

- Duranki turned into a series when he shared one of his ideas for a new manga to his editor.

- Originally Duranki was actually a isekai time travel manga, but scrapped the isekai approach because it was too prevalent and went with straight fantasy/mythology.

- His manga production is now fully digital. Made the switch around 2015 when Rakshas revealed his true identity.

- He knows he has an unhealthy obsessed with drawing every little details. Believes it's simply because he loves the old, "Baroque Period" of manga like Akira and Fist of the North Star that had really dense and detailed art.

- Quite happy with using digital to draw. He gets to zoom into stuff and obsess over each little pixel. His editor tries to stop him whenever he goes that far.

- Never felt bored making Berserk. Always tries to do new themes. Making manga is fun.

- Berserk is currently in the later stages of its overall story. Lot of shocking things coming up after the current arc.

And a pic of his setup:

report01.jpg

More pics:

natalie.mu

ヤングアニマルZERO特集 「ドゥルアンキ」「ベルセルク」三浦建太郎インタビュー&スタジオ我画潜入レポート (4/4) - コミックナタリー 特集・インタビュー

「ドゥルアンキ」の原作&プロデュースとは?「ベルセルク」の今後は? “狂気の描き込み”を生むスタジオ我画潜入レポートも!

Really interesting interview with Miura on a variety of subjects even including his crazy obsession with detail and his switch to fully digital medium for his artwork as well talking about Berserk and his new series, Dunraki. It also might relieve some of the people who lament in every thread related to Berserk about how its never going to finish and what not.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
in its later stages? Damn can't wait for the shirtless fist fight between Guts and Griffith as the culmination final battle.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Shocking you say?
The only shocking thing for me would be someone sacrifcing Guts' JRPG party.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
All digital Berserk still looks off. Hopefully his assistance keep improving because its a lot of the background elements that aren't really working.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad he decided to stay off the isekai trash convoy.

I'm still convinced I won't live to see the end of Berserk, though. Maybe my grandchildren.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Berserk is looking better than ever. Great to see an excellent artist continue to improve. And he loves it which is nice to see.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Using the new series as a way to train/improve the work of his assistants so that he can offload more Berserk work is interesting/clever. It's also good to hear that he's fully embraced digital art for his manga production now. While I still believe Luffy will find One Piece before we ever see Gutts fight Griffith, at least Miura is working on ways to improve production/ways to potentially pass more of the series work on to his assistants.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Despite all the jokes about Berserk, never felt he lost interest at all and felt clear the massive increase in art quality and scale really slowed the series down and reading how he's doing most of the art work given the few chapter releases each year. Getting the later deluxe versions is going to be awesome with the details. Didn't realize they went digital either.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Later stages? I'm skeptical but I mean we're finally off the damn boat. Anything possible now.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
- He knows he has an unhealthy obsessed with drawing every little details. Believes it's simply because he loves the old, "Baroque Period" of manga like Akira and Fist of the North Star that had really dense and detailed art.

- Quite happy with using digital to draw. He gets to zoom into stuff and obsess over each little pixel. His editor tries to stop him whenever he goes that far.

The absolute madman 👏🏻

His art is definitely a feast for the eyes, but lord zooming into the very pixels of a sketch is too real lol.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
i'm already too invested in a forevermanga (One Piece) but if Berserk ever finishes I'll be sure to check it out.

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds promising!

At first I was worried about his new manga but this cleared my fear. That's a really good plan he is doing.

Hopefully this means another chapter this month.
in its later stages? Damn can't wait for the shirtless fist fight between Guts and Griffith as the culmination final battle.
I will only be happy if they rip off the armor in one rip like in Yakuza ;)

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how obsessive he is over his art, I wonder how he feels about the newer (and very ugly) anime >_>

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how far behind are the legal ways to read this? i haven't read it in over a decade that this point

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
The real berserk ending is the friends we sacrificed along the way.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
damn. i'm a few volumes behind, i know we finally got off the @#$%in boat, but...like, none of the godhand got dealt with. hope it's not gonna tie up in a rush job

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it needs to be said, but just a warning for anyone adventuring into Berserk for the first time: It is an extremely rough series and it definitely tackles a LOT of uncomfortable content. Whether or not it handles it with the best sensitivity is admittedly up for debate, but I just need to put that warning that it does have some really strong content.

Having said that...

Berserk? Later stages of the story?

200.gif