Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
as a trans woman i for one cant wait for "Nameless Director Cameo Who Appears In One Scene For Five Seconds"

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
They're totally be there, but they'll be waaaaaaaay in the background over there. Trust us, they're totally there.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
People always respond to this as if Marvel is putting out a press release and asking for a pat on the back or a trophy.

When it's almost always just answering a question someone is asking them.

So I'm generally bewildered by the sarcastic and passive aggressive comments.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
People always respond to this as if Marvel is putting out a press release and asking for a pat on the back or a trophy.

So I'm always bewildered by the sarcastic and passive aggressive comments.

Probably because they pretend like a five second shot they selectively delete islegitimate representation??

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So I'm always bewildered by the sarcastic and passive aggressive comments.

A heavily discriminated and persecuted group angry about piss poor representation that lasts literal seconds so it can be removed in bigoted nations = "passive aggressive comments"

Sure thing, friendo.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Cool I'll be sure to watch it with lots of caffeine so I'm wide awake and don't blink and miss them

Oct 27, 2017

Also this lol. I think we can all agree that Disney needs to be better about LGBT representation but this is literally Feige answering a question...what else is he supposed to say lmao

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Wasn't expecting everybody to not take the bait when I clicked on this thread. Glad to see that Disney isn't getting a pass because MCU

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pissed they removed the scenes in Thor Ragnarok featuring actual bisexual Tessa Thompson's lesbian scenes only to stuff Anthony Russo in a small role later. So I'm not holding my breath here.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
When he answered that question I think he was just referring to the gay character(s) that will be appearing in Eternals. He answered the question too quickly after the person added the "specifically the transgender" part.

Given how many outlets are now reporting on this he'll likely have to clarify himself.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight over there. If you look very closely. You can see a transgender character riiiiiiiiiiight there. Just behind that rock.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A heavily discriminated and persecuted group angry about piss poor representation that lasts literal seconds so it can be removed in bigoted nations = "passive aggressive comments"

Sure thing, friendo.

I'm not saying you should be satisfied and shouldn't demand more.

my point was that someone asked this question, Marvel answered the specific question. I don't think it's and example of them looking for accolades.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

They keep saying things like this, then the actual scene is 5 seconds long and specifically designed to be cut out from other regions. If anyone is responding to this with excitement, they've not been paying attention.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017

Someone asking about rep is looking for something way more substantial than a minor nameless extra. Answering such a question with "Yes we have one coming up!!" and its two extras in the background kissing etc, you shouldve just kept your mouth shut. How is it bewildering that equating these scraps with what people are actually asking for even if its "just in an interview" again and again are being met with annoyed responses

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When he answered that question I think he was just referring to the gay character(s) that will be appearing in Eternals. He answered the question too quickly after the person added the "specifically the transgender" part.

Given how many outlets are now reporting on this he'll likely have to clarify himself.

Yeah, he didn't say there would be a trans character, he said there would be "another LGBT character" in Eternals which is the one we already know about.

rsfour

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Movie will be banned in China, and Malaysia, and anywhere else that has their beliefs

Aug 13, 2019
Well, this reaction doesn't surprise me. As much as I love the MCU, LGBTQIA representation isn't exactly their strong suit and, considering how they handled Valkyrie, I won't be expecting much more than lip service. I still have slight hope for the Loki show, though.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trans, and I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Marvel's got the benefit of the doubt for me, and I would *love* to have some trans representation. To be honest, I'm just glad he thinks it's important enough to mention that there's going to be a trans character in an upcoming movie. To often, it seems like LGBT representation begins and ends with gays and lesbians, and bis, and while that's important, trans representation is also important. I'm really excited to see what happens with this. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think at some point they would get tired of disappointing people and actually do it instead of just stringing everyone along

Status
Not open for further replies.