• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
In the wake of the announcement that there will be no PSX, Greg Miller (gameovergreggy ) announced that Kinda Funny will hold an online games showcase on December 8th.

https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy/status/1045748868921479168 - start of the twitter thread
Shawn Layden has confirmed on the PlayStation Blogcast that there's no PSX this year. So, Kinda Funny will fill the void and hold a Press Conference the Saturday after the Game Awards. Devs/publishers, you wanna be part of the Kinda Funny Games Showcase 12/8? Hit me up.
To be clear, I'm talking about devs/publishers getting us trailers/dev diaries/etc, and we stitch it together for an online Kinda Funny Games Showcase.
This is open to every developer, game, and platform. We want to celebrate games!

Some additional details on KFGD today:
Here's Greg talking about it during KFGD. It's timestamped (9:30)

Some devs/Pubs already chiming in:
Annapurna: https://twitter.com/A_i/status/1045786381421703168
Devolver Digital: https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1045764169297989632
Noodlecake: https://twitter.com/NoodlecakeGames/status/1045765519289212928
Housemarque: https://twitter.com/Housemarque/status/1045794533324312577
Ysbryd Games: https://twitter.com/YsbrydGames/status/1045797701659459585
Cory Barlog: https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1045752308414308352
Lightning Rod Games: https://twitter.com/LRGthunder/status/1045765418634432515
Kitfox games: https://twitter.com/KitfoxGames/status/1045772069923885056
I thought this was really cool, especially seeing the reaction on the twitter thread.

I searched and didn't find another thread, please lock if another already exists.

Last edited:

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Greg talking about it on KF Games Daily.

"Maybe it'll explode and Resetera will make fun of us"

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I know its a little off topic but he is probably just pissed that last year at PSX Layden told him that he would hope at PSX 2018 he would not need to ask him about PSN name changes. Smart move Layden.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo currently weighing up if this is the correct venue to show off Metroid Prime 4

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Greg making some moves. Good idea, honestly.
People like us will keep their expectations low since this will be a much smaller thing than your traditional conference or direct and if we get a handful of cool indie announcements, we'll walk away satisfied. It could work.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know its a little off topic but he is probably just pissed that last year at PSX Layden told him that he would hope at PSX 2018 he would not need to ask him about PSN name changes. Smart move Layden.

Doesn't make much sense to me that he's hosting a small event to show off games because he's mad at Shawn Layden.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to tune in regardless of the scale of the announcements. The KF crew is always sure to put on a good show.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome move by Greg and the KF crew. He's so relentless about getting shit done so I have no doubt this will be great.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
I bet you anything Shawn pops in and announces it with them. Greg has been one of the people who has given Playstation the most shit over the years about it so it would be very fitting.

OP
OP
SeanMN

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Greg has been really great at signal boosting others this year. Lots of great guest hosts in KFGD.

I think this show will be great, definitely a smart idea to have something to fill the void of psx. I wonder if this is something they've been considering for awhile, or just came up with spontaneously today?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Greg has been really great at signal boosting others this year. Lots of great guest hosts in KFGD.

I think this show will be great, definitely a smart idea to have something to fill the void of psx. I wonder if this is something they've been considering for awhile, or just came up with spontaneously today?
I tuned into the Morning Show kind of late (pretty much right when they started talking about PSX not happening this year), but it sure sounded like it was something they came up with on the fly, with how he was talking. He saw a hole in the calendar and knew that KF could help fill it to some extent. I'm just guessing, but that's what it seemed like to me.

It's definitely a smart thing like you said-- the week of the Game Awards has become sort of an event in itself, so people will definitely/probably be up for watching something like this.

gameovergreggy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for the support here, folks. This has been, uh, a crazy day to say the least. I'm completely blown away by the people reaching out to be part of this. Should be fun. Please keep poking the devs you want to see -- politely! And, yes, this is open to all platforms! <3

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the support here, folks. This has been, uh, a crazy day to say the least. I'm completely blown away by the people reaching out to be part of this. Should be fun. Please keep poking the devs you want to see -- politely! And, yes, this is open to all platforms! <3
Good luck dude! Looking foreword to whatever this ends up being. Hope you can somehow convince Shawn Layden to make an appearance

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me! Heard it when listening to the show today and thought it was a fun idea.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Hey even if it's just a trailer or two from a small dev It's still a great idea to give some developers a platform to get noticed more.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO

giphy.webp

Jan 9, 2018
This is going to be amazing. As a fan of KF before the spare bedroom and after I am so proud of the brand and how you've grown it as a team! Cant wait to see what you pull off this time!

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
This is the coolest thing ever. Really makes me happy to be a Kinda Funny fan. Cannot imagine how much fun they'll have with this.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

This was a great idea, and I hope you finally get the Rocksteady Superman reveal you've been waiting on. XD

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This could be genuinely groundbreaking if they pull it off. Best of luck to Greg and the crew!

Nov 1, 2017

EVEN PC????? you've gotten soft.

Someone needs to hit up Intuit to see if they're willing to announce the latest entry in their smash hit Turbo Tax franchise at this event for all the PC folks.

/s. Please don't ban me.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jared Petty has turned me off on most KF content, but I may make an exception for this.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Sorta a dick move on his part.

RasAlCool

Dec 6, 2017
Welcome to the year of indies. First it was in pro wrestling with All In and now we have the KF Games Showcase.
The internet has allowed for some wild shit.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
It seems developers are really getting on board with this showcase. This is great to see and Greg Miller is one of the few people who could actually pull this off. I sincerely hope it does well.