• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New news, new thread but feel free to lock it if this isn't appropriate or something. Be warned that this is a major leak for the game (if true ofc) so open at your own risk. Retailer is apparently legit so this is likely real. This will also likely be a part of KOFXV's presence at Gamescom next week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fighters/c...nese/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

xhyep4e57pi71.jpg

E9Uer-cXsAQwKBg

Also I just realised that a different version of the Ash screenshot has the release date on it;

17th of February 2022

6a42GyT.jpeg

Last edited:

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that we didn't see the HUD or any gameplay details until now is strange, short character trailers is bad coverage.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I just realised that a different version of the Ash screenshot has the release date on it;

17th of February 2022

6a42GyT.jpeg

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I really hope that hud/UI is not final... 😑

Granted, it's just from a blurry leaked picture, but it's just like KOF XIV plain hud... ☹️

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
xhyep4e57pi71.jpg
E9Uer-cXsAQwKBg

The release date seems to be February 17, 2022. That said, I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'm glad that SNK is giving us a badass new Black woman who's front-&-center with Kyo. An hey, Ash is back. I guess the one with the cap & purple ghost hands is Shun'ei's rival.

Source: Reddit (Art leak, UI leak)

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
man that UI needs some work, Ash was pretty much expected and i have some what of a feeling Hidern would be back but i'm interested to see what team he ends up on

New characters look good so i hope we get to see them soon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
www.resetera.com

King of Fighters XV main visual leaked (+ first look at in game HUD) Rumor

New news, new thread but feel free to lock it if this isn't appropriate or something. Be warned that this is a major leak for the game (if true ofc) so open at your own risk. Retailer is apparently legit so this is likely real. This will also likely be a part of KOFXV's presence at Gamescom next...
I saw it after this thread was made & sent a request to the mods to address this one.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
After Leroy last year in Tekken 7...

Leroy.jpg

Nagoriyuki this year in Guilty Gear Strive...

Nago.jpg

Seems like we're on a roll, and on black representation, there is no such thing as too much.

whodis.png

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
After Leroy last year in Tekken 7...

Leroy.jpg

Nagoriyuki this year in Guilty Gear Strive...

Nago.jpg

Seems like we're on a roll, and on black representation, there is no such thing as too much.

whodis.png
Does Giovanna count as well? Or do people consider her Latina (or something) because she's light-skinned? She has the same in-game complexion and features as Nelson, down to the red hair and blue eyes.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
You forgot Darli Dagger smh.
Yeah, but to be fair I forgot her because I really didn't like the oversexualisation of that character. Same thing with Gio and her ridiculous ass toward opponent pose :(

And yeah, Nelson and Bandeiras from KoFXIV were a great addition ! I just counted the very recent ones... Hope they return.

Last edited:

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Also, I wonder who's the big bad on the background! I thought for sure SNK was gonna dig up Rugal as the main villain but I guess not

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Does Giovanna count as well? Or do people consider her Latina (or something) because she's light-skinned? She has the same in-game complexion and features as Nelson, down to the red hair and blue eyes.

Latinas/latinos can be white, black, or any other race really. It's an ethnicity.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
When was the last time Capcom released a new PoC character? Does Menat count? we got Sagat years ago but he's not a new character..SFV is the whitest and blondest fighter..

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
When was the last time Capcom released a new PoC character? Does Menat count? we got Sagat years ago but he's not a new character..SFV is the whitest and blondest fighter..
If you mean newly-designed PoC characters not pulled from elsewhere like Zeku, Lucia (who's at least half Puerto Rican), or Akira, then yeah, Menat was the last one. Likewise, Elena & Laura are Street Fighter's only two Black women.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This releases around my birthday which is great. I'm looking forward to the artbook they release on this, new character looks great.