Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

You have no idea how happy I am that they actually gave Kyo long hair.

I think honestly overall, Benimaru's face needs tweaks but it could be the angle, and Mai is awful entirely but they can fix her.

Rest is solid enough.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
tech-mondays-details-of-street-fighter-x-tekken-2.jpg

no bro
what is that thing behind Ryu

can it go away pls

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
db596a357ef58dc2868866022e362d4b4518025ev2_00.jpg

This is always going to be Ken at his coolest/hottest

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Not impressed at all. Looks too clean and flat. I was hoping for something more detailed. Damn I miss snk sprite work :(

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Mai is a complete misfire that's insane.

Like at least Beni just needs a couple tweaks.

Nothing looks good on Mai, proportions, textures, hair, face, huuh.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
It looks better due to the shaders, but they mostly copied the assets over from 14 and tweaked the faces. K' looks unchanged. The proportions are still stupid-looking (especially clear with Leona's hands) and the body meshes needed a lot of work that they clearly didn't get (see Mai's arms). I really don't know why they thought the old KOF game proportions were so terrible.

Rather disappointing after such a long wait. It's just an extension of KOF 14's look when they really needed to pull up some floorboards. Not exactly seeing how this is "ambitious" as the dev tried to sell in the teaser.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced 20 years from now, people will still be comparing fighting game visuals to SF4/SFxTekken.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Mai looks fine aside from the arms, does look the most unfinished compared to other characters though. Not a fan of some of the gloss on the characters.

3d Mai will always have an uphill battle because of how good DoA5 Mai looked

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me the weirdest thing is why Kyo and Benimaru have completely new models and designs yet K', Leona and Shun'ei look ripped from XIV with touch-ups. Like why are some new and some not I'm so confused

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
3d Mai will always have an uphill battle because of how good DoA5 Mai looked
All they need to do is redesign her look. Clingy, barely-there cloth on impossible proportion is easier to cheat at 1990s resolutions and image quality. Now that everything looks sharp and clean the outfit is really obviously fucking stupid and needs to get binned.

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Looks like Samsho but a little better: simple but looks pretty good for what it is in motion.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For me the weirdest thing is why Kyo and Benimaru have completely new models and designs yet K', Leona and Shun'ei look ripped from XIV with touch-ups. Like why are some new and some not I'm so confused

I can answer.

1) Kyo was universally hated so they had to fix him
2) Benimaru goes to China and changes his clothes because he often changes it up (that's why he is on Shun'ei's team)
3) K had his classic design already.
4) Leona will have her classic costume as DLC

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of hideous pants. They need to fix Vanessa's from XIV.