• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.7%
  • LOL.

Votes: 255 45.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Thinking back to my platinum run for Birth By Sleep and remembered my proudest moment in gaming:

I'm pretty sure that somewhere on my laptop or wherever is a Proud Mode savefile I had of the PSP NA release with him beaten with Terra. (Mind you, this was pre-FM, so the rope attack was practically insta-death)

I don't think I'd ever have the patience to pull that off again.

didn't they fix the chip damage issue with the HD version?

Yeah, at least for bosses w/ EXP Zero. It doesn't affect regular mob fights, but Rhythm Mixer, D-Link finishers, Ignite Warp, etc. make that a non issue.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure that somewhere on my laptop or wherever is a Proud Mode savefile I had of the PSP NA release with him beaten with Terra. (Mind you, this was pre-FM, so the rope attack was practically insta-death)

I don't think I'd ever have the patience to pull that off again.
I can't even imagine ffff. I've only played against him on the PS4 version - I didn't know they tweaked him. That rope attack was so annoying and I bet that made for an even more frustrating fight.

At least the fights against him as Terra and Ven were a lot easier since their dodge ability has infinite frames.

Demyx

Jan 8, 2018
I love the Tetris-piece character development portion of Days and wish it would appear in a better game.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw that screenshot from the devs with the second menu tab and man, I really hope that means we'll get abilities that allow us to pick some situation command stuff manually (for a cost). Giving up max focus to activate a drive would fix one of my bigger issues with what I've seen so far.

Another thing I'd like to see are keyblade attack modifiers confirmed. Like, flash step or slap shot. I'm worried that these aren't in because of the transformations getting a focus now. Have we seen any keyblade combos get changed throughout the trailers?

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
0.2 gets a pass for me because I thoroughly enjoyed what I played.

With Days there are a few bosses/enemies that I genuinely hate fighting against (Leechgrave, anything in Neverland) and the way they implemented certain spells/moves left me disappointed.
ReCoded is a good game if it was basically half the length. The command deck and leveling chip system are implemented perfectly and they have some pretty fun bosses and gimmicks. Unfortunately it's filled to the brim with filler and it drags way too much for me to truly enjoy it.

0.2 doesn't have this problem for me because it's incredibly short and the content inside it is engaging to me and fun. The visuals are nice and it has some cool moments throughout. It also have better level design than most of Osaka Teams recent work.

Not saying Days or Coded are terrible but they have factors that really hold them back for me.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of 0.2. The models have been ripped. https://imgur.com/gallery/JcKnh

mcEo7dx.png

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
0.2 got me back into the series and convinced me to buy the Final Mix collection. I'd been missing the silly, surreal tone and overall experience and didn't know it.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
With Days there are a few bosses/enemies that I genuinely hate fighting against (Leechgrave, anything in Neverland) and the way they implemented certain spells/moves left me disappointed.
I don't like Days much at all, but I think Leechgrave was probably the most mechanically sound boss in the game outside of Xion. I always liked that there's multiple ways to go about that fight.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Man I actually love the combat in KH1FM, so many different attacks in your arsenal, and it's quite methodical with the ability to pick and choose what to do at any moment.

I'm actually a little worried I'm not going to like KH3 as much, with all the command styles and situational sorts of things I'm worried it's just going to be flashy autopilot combat.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
man i still can't believe how lucky i got with MF this time around with Terra

like i took him down in like 5 fights, i'm so glad i didn't get stuck there forever

Oct 25, 2017
Man I actually love the combat in KH1FM, so many different attacks in your arsenal, and it's quite methodical with the ability to pick and choose what to do at any moment.

I'm actually a little worried I'm not going to like KH3 as much, with all the command styles and situational sorts of things I'm worried it's just going to be flashy autopilot combat.
I get ganged on every time I say it but yup alil worried about situation commands too

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Finished all the main story now. What a ride. Loved every game except Re CoM (the areas were too boring everything else was more than fine). Took me two weeks... Crazy thing is, I just want more. Good thing I can 100% them all and so on.

KH is one of my top 3 favorite gaming series now, up there with Zelda and FF. Really looking forward to 3 now.

Feels like there are tons of stuff to go through in 3 if the Dark seeker saga is really supposed to end with that game. Guess it depends on what Nomura sees as related to it. Also, has there been any word on if Sora is going to be the only playable character?

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all the main story now. What a ride. Loved every game except Re CoM (the areas were too boring everything else was more than fine). Took me two weeks... Crazy thing is, I just want more. Good thing I can 100% them all and so on.

KH is one of my top 3 favorite gaming series now, up there with Zelda and FF. Really looking forward to 3 now.

Feels like there are tons of stuff to go through in 3 if the Dark seeker saga is really supposed to end with that game. Guess it depends on what Nomura sees as related to it. Also, has there been any word on if Sora is going to be the only playable character?
There's another playable character(90% chance it's riku)

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Hello KH era

I started doing a marathon after getting both 1.5+2.5 and 2.8

Already played all the original versions and played the PS3 remasters.

Can't get enough of KH ;p

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
When it comes to KH3 combat system it will be interesting to see how it evolves via patches over time. 0.2 was the first time we really got a gameplay changing patch in a KH game and it was pretty neat. With KH3 the support will last for a lot longer and I don't doubt there will be more than enough player feedback, here's hoping they will listen.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The thought of a KH game getting major patches later on is super weird to me for some reason

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully keyblade in 3 have unique abilties again.
BBS and 3D have the most boring weapons, since the only give you stat boosts and nothing else.
In KH2 pick the right keyblade can make a huge difference.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hopefully keyblade in 3 have unique abilties again.
BBS and 3D have the most boring weapons, since the only give you stat boosts and nothing else.

It's been said that the different keyblades in KH3 wil have more then the abilities in KH2, but actually take the place of drive/style as keyblade transformations unique to each one! it's shown in the more recent trailer, and looks neat!

I'll give you this though, I was also disappointed in 3D's keyblades from a gameplay standpoint, but it did have one of my favorite keyblade designs!

200px-Divewing_KH3D.png

the Dive Wing!

you get it for perfecting all the pre-world dive sections, and I love it's style!

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Finished Dream Drop Distance a couple days ago. No idea what the fuck I just witnessed other then

Xehanort more or less declaring war

but damn that was awesome. Kinda blew me away how DDD connects the entire series together. Despite Kingdom Hearts 1 being a great game it feels like the oddball in the series in the sense that up until Dream Drop Drop it wasn't really clear how it ties into the bigger picture.

Was awesome seeing Xehanort talk about how he used the evil fairy (Maleficent) find the 7 princess of light

Anyway I'm hyped for KH3 and also disappointed that I don't have much KH left to play outside of 0.2. I guess it's time to plat these games while I wait.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
I've said before the D3 is probably the most important game plot wise I'm prepping for III.

I really want Disney to pull make the KH license a bit and let other mediums in. You know how Rian Johnson's new Star Wars trilogy has nothing to do with the Skywalker Saga? I want KH to do that: Keyblade, Heartless, Light vs Dark, Disney Worlds.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
There was famitsu interview with Nomura and Ishimoto published today. Nomura confirmed that Takeharu Ishimoto and Tsuyoshi Sekito worked on Kingdom Hearts III soundtrack just like DDD. He worked on more tracks than before, and worked on even some important battle musics.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
There was famitsu interview with Nomura and Ishimoto published today. Nomura confirmed that Takeharu Ishimoto and Tsuyoshi Sekito worked on Kingdom Hearts III soundtrack just like DDD. He worked on more tracks than before, and worked on even some important battle musics.

I don't know how to say this and have it not sound KIND of douchey but ...Is that why I liked DDD's music less? I didn't realize they were using a whole lineup of composers now.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how to say this and have it not sound KIND of douchey but ...Is that why I liked DDD's music less? I didn't realize they were using a whole lineup of composers now.
They both also worked alongside Shimomura on Birth by Sleep, and Ishimoto has been worked as a synthesizer producer for CoM and KH2. You might just have disliked DDD's music because of the direction it took instead of who was behind it.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
They both also worked alongside Shimomura on Birth by Sleep, and Ishimoto has been worked as a synthesizer producer for CoM and KH2. You might just have disliked DDD's music because of the direction it took instead of who was behind it.

That's probably it. Once you said it, my memory jogged and I knew they worked on BBS, which I love soundtrack wise. I don't know how I forgot, I guess just because I haven't thought about it since 2010. But yeah, DDD's music hit some wrong chords for me -- especially things like some of the Dream Eater boss themes. A particular standout moment is in Traverse Town when Young Xehanort summons the dream eater you fight, it just kinda, I dunno, didn't mesh with what was happening to me. I wouldn't even say I disliked the music; It's all great music, and listening to it separately I enjoy it, but just, in context sometimes it doesn't feel as cohesive and connected to the game as this series has historically.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the theme where Young Xehanort summons the first boss in Traverse town is called Majestic Wings was composed by Sekito. I wasn't the biggest fan of it since it didn't really fit the mood whenever it was used for me. Then again the game was pushing a more colorful bubbly vibe which wasn't really my jam.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Dream Drop Distance is probably the best overall OST so far. There are perhaps some higher highs in other games but I thought the average quality is higher in DDD than other KH OSTs that had more filler and simpler tunes that don't quite deliver something one could listen to for a long time.