• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.7%
  • LOL.

Votes: 255 45.9%

• Total voters

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
It also seems like they want to have an Organization encounter in each world to avoid KH2's filler problems. Some of them will probably be saved for the endgame, but it helps give a rough idea at least.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I have hard time believing in a trailer when E3 is right around the corner at this point.
E3 is almost 2 months later. They can do an expanded/remixed trailer that shows some new stuff at this fan event and a bigger megaton "KHIII will have multiplayer and Frozen and Marvel" trailer with all new footage at E3

Oct 25, 2017
Anna / Christoph with Olaf being used as a weapon by one of them. He is also a summon. I need my love Jonathan Groff in KH3.

And Isa would be perfect for Frozen.
I like the way you think
E3 is almost 2 months later. They can do an expanded/remixed trailer that shows some new stuff at this fan event and a bigger megaton "KHIII will have multiplayer and Frozen and Marvel" trailer with all new footage at E3
Mirage arena ever comes back it's Gotg

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
There's no confirmed hub worlds besides Twilight Town, right?
They haven't confirmed any but Nomura confirmed that main plot action will happen in original worlds so I think it's safe to assume there will be multiple hub worlds. Twilight Town is one, and it only makes sense that Radiant Garden is one as well, as is the Keyblade Graveyard.

I can't see Castle Oblivion being playable, but Land of Departure might be a hub world when it is restored? Hopefully Destiny Islands will be a hub world with an post-game dungeon under the island.

I don't want The World That Never Was to return though. It peaked in Dream Drop Distance and I feel there is no reason to return to that world.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. That sounds like enough worlds to spread things out. I just really don't want all these rescues happening near the end. Let everyone have their moment, Nomura!

I really don't want a repeat of Kairi showing up at the very end of KH2 and doing hardly anything.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest fear easily. Ideally we get aqua and ven by world 4/5 a least. I suspect Roxas and terra would be end game especially Terra

Terra being endgame material feels pretty much guaranteed because of his position. I'm mixed on when they'll get to Roxas. On one hand, it does seem like a long term goal for Sora, but on the other, it's really hard for me to see Xion getting out before Roxas does. Sora doesn't even know who she is. They'd need to dedicate some amount of time to that. And how does Naminé fit in? Is she saved the same way Roxas is?

Oct 25, 2017
Terra being endgame material feels pretty much guaranteed because of his position. I'm mixed on when they'll get to Roxas. On one hand, it does seem like a long term goal for Sora, but on the other, it's really hard for me to see Xion getting out before Roxas does. Sora doesn't even know who she is. They'd need to dedicate some amount of time to that. And how does Naminé fit in? Is she saved the same way Roxas is?
Wouldn't kairi have to do namine

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm of two minds on whether I wanted them to just slap 0.2 right the fuck back in as a tutorial or not.

But more than that I'd just be cool with playing the other Keyblade wielders.

And not just for 1 boss battle.

Cept Terra.

He can hold that L.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to assume the worst, and everyone is revived silmutaneously after 20 hours of filler.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You see bringing back these nobodies and making them their own people needlessly fucked up a concise narrative.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like look how easy it is once you get rid of the "How the actual fuck are we going to deal with these EXTRA three?"

1a. Sora goes out to get back his powers
1b. Riku and mickey try to find whereever the fuck Aqua is in RoD
1c. Kairi and Axel train to not suck ass

2a. Sora finally gets back in the groove of things (Oh no here come the Xehanort fuckwits)
2b. Oh hey Aqua's back, now how about getting to that Castle Oblivion?
2c. Oh no Kairi, Sora's getting Luke Skywalker'd. Fuck this training, Baptism by fire

3a. Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to suffering
3b. Oh hey, we're back at Castle Oblivion. Oh hey, it's land of departure once more. "Know what you guys need? A flash back"
3c. Saix Axel angst drama + race to save Sora

3c. Sora existential crisis moments
3b. Wow, this is really enlightening, but also really easy. Well let's go save ven
  • Xehanort: Sup, I'mma steal your pure boy.
  • Aqua: Hoe don't do it.
  • Xehanort: I'mma do it.
  • Aqua: Hoe don-
  • Xehanort: And Gone
  • Riku: Um... Aqua
  • Aqua: ...
  • Riku: Aqua?
  • Aqua: RIku, I'm going to teach you an important lesson.
  • Riku: Y-yeah?
  • Aqua: Sometimes, motherfuckers just need to die.
3c. Kairi: DEEP DIVE BOIZ

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Things Sora and Roxas share
  • The Keyblade
Things Sora and Roxas don't share
  • Personally
  • Appearance
  • Personal relationships
  • Memories
  • Life experiences
Even just in the context of KH2, it's blatantly obvious that they're different people. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that Sora realizing that they are different was planned from the start, but if it wasn't, that's some fantastic course correction.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I still need to know what Sora is to Roxas/Namine/Xion once they are resurrected. A mother? A father? A god? Will they worship him for creating life out of nothing? Will Sora's mother raise them? Will they be sent to an orphanage?

Will Holy Virgin Sora be a thing? What is Disney's stance on underage teenage moms?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Lea has promises to keep. He's going to adopt them all, part of the 'Big Brothers of Radiant Garden' program. Since Roxas, Namine and Xion have no clue what it means to be a real person Lea will be the one to show them what's up.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside, I do kind of wonder where Namine will end up. She's pretty much the only character that's not part of a trio. I'm going to guess she'll end up on Destiny Islands. It would work with the fake memories she made becoming real, in a sense. There is her relationship with Roxas, but I don't think that's really been referenced after KH2, even in Coded, where they're working together. It seems to have been dropped in favor of focusing on the Roxas trio.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
They haven't confirmed any but Nomura confirmed that main plot action will happen in original worlds so I think it's safe to assume there will be multiple hub worlds. Twilight Town is one, and it only makes sense that Radiant Garden is one as well, as is the Keyblade Graveyard.

I can't see Castle Oblivion being playable, but Land of Departure might be a hub world when it is restored? Hopefully Destiny Islands will be a hub world with an post-game dungeon under the island.

I don't want The World That Never Was to return though. It peaked in Dream Drop Distance and I feel there is no reason to return to that world.
From what we've seen in the trailers, there should be some story happening in EVERY world including Disney too.

Marluxia is in Corona, Vanitas is in Monstropolis, Young Xehanort is in Galaxy Toys, Xemnas is in Twilight Town.

Actually makes me wonder if every world (or most worlds) will have one of the 13 darknesses.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they do end up showing new KH3 stuff during the Dandelion Meeting I don't expect it dubbed. They started the dub process mid-February so them having English VA that fast for a trailer would be surprising. Dubbed E3 trailer is a lock though.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
From what we've seen in the trailers, there should be some story happening in EVERY world including Disney too.

Marluxia is in Corona, Vanitas is in Monstropolis, Young Xehanort is in Galaxy Toys, Xemnas is in Twilight Town.

Actually makes me wonder if every world (or most worlds) will have one of the 13 darknesses.
I think Nomura's intentions with saying the plot advances in original worlds is that the Disney worlds would have individual plots about the darknesses that ties into the larger narrative, whereas the original worlds push the main narrative along with reveals, returns, twists, and turns.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Basically they're making the Disney Worlds not feel disconnected from the story.

In Kingdom Hearts II nothing really happens in the Disney Worlds that affects anything. They can almost be taken as episodes in a long running TV Show - Sora and co. enter Disney world, solve problem, Pete is there doing something villainous but is also a complete joke. You can remove most of the Disney Worlds from KH2 and the story still works with the exception of Beast's Castle and Xaldin.

Kingdom Hearts 1 handled this a lot better with most Disney villains working together so the worlds felt more important. You'd have the villains searching for Keyholes, kidnapping Princesses of Heart ect.

With Vanitas, Marluxia and Young!Xehanort showing up in these worlds it gives them weight and makes them feel important, it's a return to form. Everything will have weight and feel necessary with the original worlds housing the big story reveals of course. Vanitas seems the most appropriate with him summoning Unversed - monsters based off of negativity appearing in Monster's Inc. It's thematically perfect.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Riku shows up in the Land of Dragons as well, but beyond that, it's pretty much filler. If you wanted to be generous, you could include the run in with Demyx at Olympus Coliseum as well.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Riku shows up in the Land of Dragons as well, but beyond that, it's pretty much filler. If you wanted to be generous, you could include the run in with Demyx at Olympus Coliseum as well.

Yeah for the most part they tried to put some plot relevance in the second visits. At least with Port Royal, Land of Dragons and Beast's Castle.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Luxord was super underdeveloped though. He felt like he was in the game to fill a quota.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
uuuuuhhhhhhh

wGH65sW.jpg

god i am not touching chain of memories again for a very long time

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not expecting a KH3 trailer. If they were going to show one I think they should have advertised it as such since there'd be more eyes on the event from the global audience instead of just having the hardcore UX fans keeping an eye on it.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I could see them revealing a key visual or an extended trailer. Something like a Tangled trailer that's 60% old stuff but shows off some additional zones for example.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
I wonder if Daybreak Town will be Radiant Garden. That would line up with all the worlds in KHUX being the princesses of heart (plus Olympus). Actually, I wouldn't be shocked if Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, and Land of Departures were all originally part of Daybreak Town and the war ended up shattering it into pieces.

Incidentally, this is the first game where we visited all the PoH worlds.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a KHUX trailer will be playing on screens at the venue. Ends with a shot of Daybreak Town from Back Cover.

DayuBcwVMAApYp6.jpg