Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.7%
  • LOL.

Votes: 255 45.9%

• Total voters

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yep In KH2 each world (besides I want to say maybe 2 worlds) have 2 stories to them.
Wonderful :) I'm up to the Lion King world now. It just keeps getting better! I expected to enjoy the game when it got going, but I can seriously see this game being one of my overall ever favourite games once I'm done with it. I'm loving it that much!

Oct 25, 2017
Guys quick question,

I have only played 1, 2 and BBS but not since release(besides replaying 2 in like 2011 or something).
My hype from E3 is ridiculous at the moment and I want to freshen up and/or catch other stuff I missed
but im also a bit broke atm

I have $20 in Gamestop credit...
1.5 + 2.5
or

Oct 25, 2017
Guys quick question,

I have only played 1, 2 and BBS but not since release.
My hype from E3 is ridiculous at the moment from E3 and I want to freshen up and/or catch other stuff I missed
but im also a bit broke atm

I have $20 in Gamestop credit...
1.5 + 2.5
or
Do you remember stuff from the 3 you played because if so I'd say go 2.8 because the two games lead directly to 3 and one of them DDD has a lil refresher as well

If you want more meaty games and bang for your buck however you go 1.5+2.5

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
So how do you guys think the Lingering Will gonna fit in the conclusion? Do you think it will have a spot against Xehanort and his organization? I would hope so, if Terra and Aqua is under Xehanort's rank.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I feel like the seven guardians of light are:
- Mickey
- Sora
- Riku
- Kairi
- Ventus
- Terra
- Lea

I feel like now that Aqua has (probably) fallen to darkness, Lea is going to take her place. I also think it's possible that somehow Terra will be one of the 13 darknesses and either Roxas or Xion will take his place.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
Only characters guaranteed are Mickey, Riku, and Kairi. Riku is invulnerable to darkness, Kairi is immune, and Mickey has plot armor.

I think that not only will Sora be a Darkness, KH3 will go full till on Darkness is not Evil *and* say that forging the chi blade is necessary for some reason.

Ventus will probably get snatched by Xehanort too.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Going to make a few wild guesses and say that Vanitas is possessing Ven's body right now, Terra is somehow free from Xehanort and is one of the lights, Demyx is the twelfth darkness, and Roxas will be the thirteenth.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
2.8 should arrive in the mail today. Pretty excited about 0.2, but I'll start with 3D first. Is Critical any good in 3D or should I just play on Proud? Don't want to waste my time with it if it's like BBS.

edit: Just read I have to unlock the difficulty by playing proud mode first anyway. Nevermind then.

Last edited:

Slyferious

Nov 27, 2017
Nomura being at E3 in person but not doing any on camera stuff is kind of a bummer. Hopefully some meaty interviews are coming up in the next few weeks at least.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura being at E3 in person but not doing any on camera stuff is kind of a bummer. Hopefully some meaty interviews are coming up in the next few weeks at least.
yeah he really doesn't like being on camera. At least few years ago he did live interview at Square Enix presents but this year he didn't do it unfortunately.

Slyferious

Nov 27, 2017
yeah he really doesn't like being on camera. At least few years ago he did live interview at Square Enix presents but this year he didn't do it unfortunately.
Yeah, you would have thought this E3 being the last the game will be shown at, the effort would have been made but alas. I'm guessing Famitsu and Jump might be the next things to look out for before Gamescon/TGS.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you would have thought this E3 being the last the game will be shown at, the effort would have been made but alas. I'm guessing Famitsu and Jump might be the next things to look out for before Gamescon/TGS.
yeah but I mean he has been doing a lot of interviews though.... just not on video. Personally I would love video interviews so I can actually here what he says from his mouth, not translated stuff.

Slyferious

Nov 27, 2017
yeah but I mean he has been doing a lot of interviews though.... just not on video. Personally I would love video interviews so I can actually here what he says from his mouth, not translated stuff.

Oh sure the interviews have been fine although light in content. I would have loved some videos too. It's always better hearing it straight from him...even when it's a damn Christmas message !

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
If the pirates world has both 2 and 3 and not just 3 then it's probably MASSIVE. These movies have so much in them that I'm thinking they are going to skip some stuff for sure.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
If the pirates world has both 2 and 3 and not just 3 then it's probably MASSIVE. These movies have so much in them that I'm thinking they are going to skip some stuff for sure.
Nomura said Pirates world is based on At World's End so I don't think we will go through Dead Man's chest..

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Era, I posted the following in the E3 trailer thread and have another question:
Ok KH Era, someone help me out...

I'm a big fan of the series that hasn't played virtually any of the recent installments. I've played Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, and 358/2 Days, but it has been almost ten years now. I have not played Birth By Sleep, Coded, DDD, 0.2, or watched the Chi cinematic. That said, I do own the 1.5+2.5 collection on PS4, as well as the 2.8 collection, so my plan is to catch up before KHIII drops.

My plan is this: I am familiar with the KH-CoM-358/2-KHII storyline and consider it somewhat self-contained, so I'm just gonna leave it alone or watch a recap video to refresh. It always seemed to me that BBS onward was when the lore started to expand and set things up for KHIII, so I was going to start there, then watch the re:Coded cinematic on 2.5, play DDD, watch the Chi cinematic on 2.8, then finally play 0.2.

Does that make sense?

BBS --> Coded --> DDD --> Chi --> 0.2
So as you can see I haven't played BBS yet and intend to start with that when I catch up prior to KH3. That said, I know BBS has you choose one of three protagonists. To get the full story to be ready for KH3, do I have to play through all three campaigns to get everything?

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Era, I posted the following in the E3 trailer thread and have another question:

So as you can see I haven't played BBS yet and intend to start with that when I catch up prior to KH3. That said, I know BBS has you choose one of three protagonists. To get the full story to be ready for KH3, do I have to play through all three campaigns to get everything?

Yes, you have to play through all 3 campaigns to get the whole picture of BBS. There are plot points that happens in one character's story that doesn't happen in the other 2 character's story.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Got the check today and the first thing I did was
nAjA3mu.png

All apart of #GodsPlan, I still can't believe how much games cost in Japan lol

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Got it, thanks. How long does it take approximately to play through all three campaigns total?

It's been a while since I played BBS but if I recall, depending on the difficulty and skill, it should be around 5-7 hours for each story.

EDIT: After checking my saves, on Terra I have it clocked at 29 hours, but that's with doing extra stuff. I have Ventus clocked at 12 hours.

So it will take about 10-15 hrs for each story. Huge mistake on my end

Last edited:

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is that possible though? It's like having the part 2 without the part 1.

It's likely that the raft scene in the trailer is how that world starts. They'll get picked up by Barbossa and co. and learn about what happened with Jack. They'll go save him and then get on with the plot of Pirates 3. I'm assuming that island from Pirates 2 is also in (the one where you see Sora fight monkey heartless) so that'll probably be the big land area to play in.

Pirates 2 doesn't really have a lot going on that would make a good KH world. Making it more about Pirates 3 makes sense.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
It's likely that the raft scene in the trailer is how that world starts. They'll get picked up by Barbossa and co. and learn about what happened with Jack. They'll go save him and then get on with the plot of Pirates 3. I'm assuming that island from Pirates 2 is also in (the one where you see Sora fight monkey heartless) so that'll probably be the big land area to play in.

Pirates 2 doesn't really have a lot going on that would make a good KH world. Making it more about Pirates 3 makes sense.
That's kinda lame, but can't complain.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
This is actually the only game I am thinking of buying both digitally and physically on release date.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

Idk. Sora, Goofy, and Donald's silhouettes can be seen on the Black Pearl when it comes over the sand, so they might have gone down with Jack. Or out of all the Pirates, those three were sent off to find him.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
You can explore with ship (Pearl I assume), find islands and explore them.
I think Pirates world is my most anticipated world right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Got it, thanks. How long does it take approximately to play through all three campaigns total?

It depends on if you're rushing through them or taking your time. I'd say between 15-30 hours per character. My first playthrough I really took my time, but on my last one I was pretty much just critical pathing it.

The correct order to play them is Terra, then Ven, then Aqua.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
You can explore with ship (Pearl I assume), find islands and explore them.
I think Pirates world is my most anticipated world right now.
Oh were did you read that? From my what I understood in an interview the ship will only be for naval combat scenarios and not a means of transportation.

I'd be glad to explore some islands by sailing though.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Arendelle will expand on the story from the original film, and "Let it Go" will be featured in some capacity. While Anna and Elsa are not party members, Marshmallow, the ice giant created by Elsa, will join Sora in battle. Players will be able to explore the snowy mountains as well as a labyrinth of ice created by Larxene.

Pirates of the Caribbean is based on the third film: At World's End. Nomura encourages players to pay attention to the trailers to spot all of the features this world will offer. The Caribbean seamlessly connects land, sea and sky, and battles can take place in all three as seen in the trailer with the naval battle and Heartless battle in the sky. The Black Pearl can be used to navigate the seas and explore newly discovered islands, so there are many opportunities waiting.

In the recent trailers, we learned that both Sora and Organization XIII want Roxas to return. For Sora who is connected to Roxas, he is making every effort to make that a reality.

Larxene also speaks of the New Seven Hearts, which refers to a new generation of the Seven Princesses. We learned in KH3D that in accordance with Master Xehanort's plan, if the 7 Guardians are unable to gather, the Seven Princesses will be used instead. Of the new Seven Princesses, only Kairi is still included from the original group. Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa are also being targetted as the other six candidates."

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Frozen-New-Seven-Hearts-summary-video-no-public-demo-12493

Sailing on the Black Pearl confirmed.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Oh were did you read that? From my what I understood in an interview the ship will only be for naval combat scenarios and not a means of transportation.

I'd be glad to explore some islands by sailing though.
From famitsu interview
You can dive underwater and fight, control ship for naval combat, ride on flying heartless. This world has sea, sky, land all seamlessly interconnecting. You can also navigate with the ship and explore islands you discovered. It's a world where you can do anything.
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201806/15159233.html