Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.7%
  • LOL.

Votes: 255 45.9%

• Total voters

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the biggest hurdle for Missing-Link coming to PC/consoles is the Pokemon go nature. Yes you can play with stamina system without moving around, but that seems like a small option for people to use while not moving around, not a whole alternate option from the regular walking around mode.

It would be really nice if they can at least have console/PC version that you can interchange around so use the phone while outside, and console/PC while you are at home..

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
I wonder if the biggest hurdle for Missing-Link coming to PC/consoles is the Pokemon go nature. Yes you can play with stamina system without moving around, but that seems like a small option for people to use while not moving around, not a whole alternate option from the regular walking around mode.

It would be really nice if they can at least have console/PC version that you can interchange around so use the phone while outside, and console/PC while you are at home..
The design overall seems really poorly conceived. Pokemon Go features primarily low weight 3D graphics and typically a low amount of interaction required for the bulk of gameplay to get to as wide an audience as possible on as many devices as possible.

You walk down the street. You see a Pokemon and flick a ball at it. You move on.

Missing Link wants you to get into a full action rpg battle! Like this is the closest any of the phone games have gotten to playing like a full Kingdom Hearts game with attack strings, dodges and even aerial recovery off of getting hit!

Yet it's probably the least synergistic wrapper for this combat to go in. It just seems like an incredible misread of a near decade old game's success.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The design overall seems really poorly conceived. Pokemon Go features primarily low weight 3D graphics and typically a low amount of interaction required for the bulk of gameplay to get to as wide an audience as possible on as many devices as possible.

You walk down the street. You see a Pokemon and flick a ball at it. You move on.

Missing Link wants you to get into a full action rpg battle! Like this is the closest any of the phone games have gotten to playing like a full Kingdom Hearts game with attack strings, dodges and even aerial recovery off of getting hit!

Yet it's probably the least synergistic wrapper for this combat to go in. It just seems like an incredible misread of a near decade old game's success.
I think the Go type of game is still quite big in Japan. The rest of world just talk about Pokemon Go but in Japan it does seem to have other Go type of games that is popular. SE's most popular mobile game in recent years is Dragon Quest Walk which is Pokemon Go type of game with Dragon Quest. So it doesn't surprise me too much they went with this type of game.

As for action combat in this type of game I guess we will have to see. I haven't played myself so I cant tell but at least there is controller support and auto battle as well.
It's not like this is the only Pokemon Go type of game with action combat... last year there was Monster Hunter Now which seemed to be quite popular when I went to Japan last year, and it has action combat as well with dodge and stuff.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I didn't know there were Pokemon Go elements. Not into that since I don't know anyone else irl who is gonna be playing this. Will just use the stamina system.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
I feel like every 6-9 months I remember Melody of Memories exists, remember I skipped it, and then look up if it's worth getting on sale.

I really miss the spin-offs. If KH4 really comes out next year then it'll have been a half decade with close to nothing in-between Remind and 4. Pre-KH3 releasing I really wanted closure or some kind of off ramp and a smooth path for a new generation of fans to get on board.

Instead they ended on a cliffhanger along with setting up immediately how all the five billion keyblade wielders are directly still involved. In some ways feeling like a plea for the aging fanbase to stay on board because all their favorites are still relevant when that seems deeply unlikely.

Without spinoff titles it seems incredibly unlikely that the BBS and Days trios will exist as anything beyond limited cameos in refrence to increasingly obscure DS and PSP entries from 20 years ago.

It's going to be really interesting seeing them try to navigate KH4 as a jumping on point for new players and how the series plans to move forward post 4.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
I forget what interview it was but Nomura basically told fans that certain characters had their closure in KH3 and will have very limited, if any, role in future titles.

You always gotta take him at his word when he drops negative news like that, he always lets people know upfront when they should drop their expectations (i.e KH3 having a big drop in number of Disney worlds compared to past titles and a lack of FF characters in vanilla release). Like you said, characters like the BBS and maybe even Days trio may not appear in KH4 at all outside of some references.

Oct 25, 2017
I forget what interview it was but Nomura basically told fans that certain characters had their closure in KH3 and will have very limited, if any, role in future titles.

You always gotta take him at his word when he drops negative news like that, he always lets people know upfront when they should drop their expectations (i.e KH3 having a big drop in number of Disney worlds compared to past titles and a lack of FF characters in vanilla release). Like you said, characters like the BBS and maybe even Days trio may not appear in KH4 at all outside of some references.
Wouldn't it be weird for him to say that but also say we don't need ff characters anymore we got our own roster. Especially after Having the "heroine" of the story get trained by another(really should be a fun side game but AA gaming is dead from most companies)

If anything they really need to mix it up imo probably not popular but mess around with the trios if we can't get side games anymore. Idk throw Sora with aqua and Roxas or something lol

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
The BBS trio was always meant to come back, so he probably has a role for all of them, Ventus especially.

But if Xion, Roxas, Naminé were to just never show up again and live hapily ever after, that's ok. Their stories are done, no need to try to force them into important roles.

Tying Lea and Isa to the UX cast was already a stretch for me.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
And we know how much screentime that got last time.......
The whole game isn't going to be set in Quadratum, there will be Disney worlds, there will be Scala ad Caelum, we will see all of the other characters like Lea and Aqua and Roxas and Xion. They probably won't be the "main focus" of the game but there will be sub-plots and appearances. I just hope that Kairi actually plays a big role in this new Lost Masters Arc instead of training to save Sora and then being killed off or being kidnapped or fainting and being powerless and needs to be saved by Riku or something.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It might not be in KH4 but there's no way they are ever going to retire major fan favorite characters.

Though I maintain that if we were still in the era of handheld systems rather than cell phones being the place for spin-offs we would have already gotten a game about some of them...