• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Ive only played KH1 and 2, and the psp timed exclusive. Never gotten the others spoiled ever. Dont think itll happen with this one

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to know what worlds weren't revealed (assuming there is one or two surprises), secret bosses, and if any Final Fantasy character is joining in/making a return.

It's all I want to know.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
So they could have released the game for christmas ? But they didn't ?
The original date was late November, but:
Nomura: The timing of release that we were actually looking at, we were told by many people, including hardware manufacturers, marketing teams, sales teams that it just wasn't a good timing in the year.

We of course considered maybe speeding up development to release earlier than when we were told wasn't good, but the development team said that 'No, we just couldn't do that. We could delay it, but we couldn't make it any sooner.'

Source.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nomura will reveal every spoilers in the final trailers.

Can't spoil anything, if I spoil everything.

Insert black guy thinking meme

Doc Logical

May 3, 2018
My first post and it's in a Kingdom Hearts 3 thread about a full moth leak with spoilers galore
giphy.gif

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Most KH games after 2 have had Critical Mode during release, so I do hope 3 has as well.

Critical is worthless without perfect balance. Also games like BBS only featured critical for international releases because they were delayed and final mix was worked on. But here since it's a worldwide release who knows what the priorities were.

Kh2 FM s critical mode remains the high standard. While the spin off games were atrocities. So I hope they take their time and refine the gameplay and balance honestly. If it's a final mix DLC I am fine with that.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It will. Even 0.2 had a critical mode which they balance patched after launch.

It's a demo. Vanilla o.2 crit was atrocious. Yes they improved it a lot with patches.

It's a demo. Had a handful of enemies, 2 bosses, and a very limited set of abilities.

Now imagine a full game with literally 15 times more content...

As I said, I will be patient if it allows them to give us a proper critical mode. Not some half baked feature there for marketing purposes.

Kh2fm crit is one of the absolute best difficulty mode out there and it's thanks to the time they gave it.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
He was responding to my messages but just kinda stopped. Oh well, at least I could dream. I've got the big special edition from the Square Enix store AND the PS4 Pro preordered, but getting to play a month in advance would be fire.
Can you PM me his details? I'm flying to NC on Monday and, if he hasn't been arrested yet as reported, I wanna talk to him.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's a demo. Vanilla o.2 crit was atrocious. Yes they improved it a lot with patches.

It's a demo. Had a handful of enemies, 2 bosses, and a very limited set of abilities.

Now imagine a full game with literally 15 times more content...

As I said, I will be patient if it allows them to give us a proper critical mode. Not some half baked feature there for marketing purposes.

Kh2fm crit is one of the absolute best difficulty mode out there and it's thanks to the time they gave it.
To be fair, iirc this game was developed by a new team instead of the OG KH devs. So critical mode may be quite different as a result.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Am I still the only one bothered that only Donald and Goofy haven't gotten a wardrobe change? I really thought by now they would have updated to new duds but I guess they have their same boring clothes for the whole game sans special world cholthing changes.

So disappointing.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, iirc this game was developed by a new team instead of the OG KH devs. So critical mode may be quite different as a result.

Osaka's been handling the major KH games since BBS, though with KH3 and 0.2 they've been really working on making their style of game work in the KH2 framework. 0.2 was pretty rushed and used less of the development team than KH3 so I'm not surprised that Critical Mode was a really unrefined at launch.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
How come when Smash Ultimate leaked there wasnt a twitter strike force trying to get the leakers arrested?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Because this is over a month before the game releases and unlike Smash this is a single-player game where the story is important and these leaks threaten all of that.
Plus, Smash Ultimate had almost all of its content revealed before the leak happened, so the leakers weren't able to spoil very much.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Why would it ? Is this Kingdom Hearts 3 final mix ?

You know damn well this will be dlc.
Literally every original KH title developed by this team from Birth by Sleep onward has had Critical Mode.

Whether or not it's more in line with KH2FMs remains to be seen, but after 0.2, I'm not too worried about that. The game's already gone gold and by the time the game releases, they'll have had two whole ass months to balance things if necessary.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm just really curious how KH3 will stack up to KH2. I think KH1 is pretty rough nowadays (but was decent for its time), and KH2 is pretty damn good. But the others I've played have been middling to poor imo. It's just tough to make a good 3D action game on those handhelds. I'm excited that the series is getting back to consoles (ignoring the 0.2 experiment), but it's a different team than the KH2 devs and it's their first big project on console IIRC. Prolly the 2019 game I'm most interested to play even if I'm very unsure of how quality it will be.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I feel so bad for Nomura and the development team. This has been their entire life for the last six years. To have it ruined by one worthless piece of shit American is devastating. Humans suck.
What the heck lol. This shouldn't be an America versus Japan thing lol.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Nah, SE Osaka has been handling KH since BIrth By Sleep and has implemented critical mode in 3 of their titles so far.. For all intents and purposes, there is no OG KH team. The ones that are still with SE are on FF7R. KH2's combat designer is on 7R as well, which is the only reason I'm interested in it.

I'm positive critical mode will be in KH3 at launch but will need a few patches to be perfect, like 0.2. The best thing, is that unlike BBS and DDD, devs were actually able to implement feedback via patches for 0.2 and was basically good to go after a couple weeks.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
How come when Smash Ultimate leaked there wasnt a twitter strike force trying to get the leakers arrested?
Difference between stolen games and just games sold early
Not to mention the only thing that was spoiler worthy that wasnt revealed in smash were the fucking like what 7 cutscenes with no story reasoning or actual explanation in World of Light?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Where can I read the spoilers?
There isn't any story spoilers, we know what happens in the first hour of gameplay. I can say:
  • The game starts with Sora saying "They can take your world. They can take your heart. They can cut you loose from everything you know. But as long as it's your fate— *cuts off and Face Your Fears plays*
  • After the opening, you're in the station of awakening/dive to the heart on the stained glass. On the borders of the stained glass are pictures of memories from KH1, and you're playing as Young Sora from KH1 in his KH1 outfit, you can go up to the pictures and press Y/Triangle to examine them and see what happened. The game then goes through Chain of Memories and then Sora changes into KH2 outfit where the memories change to memories from KH2 and 385/2 Days. It's assumed that this will be a recap of all the games.
  • After all of that, there is once again a tutorial boss battle where you fight Darkside.
  • The first world in the game is Cable Town (an original world), it's a big world that has buildings reminiscent of Rome architecture and big white castles with white birds flying around. It looks beautiful.
Unless I missed anything, we haven't really seen anything else.