Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Okay, Critical is not for me, even with EZ Codes. Can't even win basic fights in Olympus.

Last edited:

SevenOfRhyme

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I feel so defeated that even at level 99 I can't do shit against these super bosses. Low key mad I spent money on this when I could've just watched it on YouTube.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not amazing at the game but I always managed to beat everything on Critical.

KH2FM had a Broken Limit Form to help me keep my health high enough to manage the Data Battles - I could also randomly get healed by Donald against Lingering Will.

In BBS and DDD, I could have multiple Cura/Curaga on hand so I always had a backup in case I would be low on health.

0.2 was a challenge, not one I enjoyed a lot tho, the lack of Second Chance / Once More clearly hurt my enjoyment.

I'm worried about attempting things on Critical in KH3, I rely on healing a lot and the Magic has been nerfed heavily. I don't have Drive Form / D-Link / Command Menu to help me when the MP is recharging.

I'm wondering, would KHIII Critical be even harder than the others or would it be about the same once I start learning he patterns ?

Thanks

Quoting myself in hope of getting some opinions.

Maybe I should try them on proud and make up my mind about Critical later.
I just kinda want Oblivion tho.

Hypemaster

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Limit Cut Spoilers:
Finally beat Xigbar after my 20th or so attempt, shit that was tense but fun. Almost regretted choosing to fight him first. Also I'm making no attempt to find out how difficult he would have been in critical, proud mode version made me grind from 38->99.

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I'm not amazing at the game but I always managed to beat everything on Critical.

KH2FM had a Broken Limit Form to help me keep my health high enough to manage the Data Battles - I could also randomly get healed by Donald against Lingering Will.

In BBS and DDD, I could have multiple Cura/Curaga on hand so I always had a backup in case I would be low on health.

0.2 was a challenge, not one I enjoyed a lot tho, the lack of Second Chance / Once More clearly hurt my enjoyment.

I'm worried about attempting things on Critical in KH3, I rely on healing a lot and the Magic has been nerfed heavily. I don't have Drive Form / D-Link / Command Menu to help me when the MP is recharging.

I'm wondering, would KHIII Critical be even harder than the others or would it be about the same once I start learning he patterns ?

Thanks
I think it's harder but not impossible, especially because you can make it easier with EZ codes and/or NG+ which lets you import keyblades. Anyway, when you are out of MP and items, you can heal through some Shotlocks.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can load back into the main game from a DLC save by pressing Square in the load menu though.
You have to load a save that's completed the main game for Re Mind. You need to load a save that's completed Re Mind for Limit Cut. Limit Cut automatically leads into the secret ending so that save is used for that.
After you save a game in the DLC, it essentially has two saves in it. The character info such as equipment and items are all shared, but a location is saved in both the main game and DLC. So you can go back to wherever you last saved in the main game.
Okay so I just want to make sure after reading these post but basically when beat the main game I'm doing right now on critical I can from that point if I want to do the remind dlc then complete that then be able to load that back into my main file to continue to grind my levels to 99 then do Limit Cut?

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Got Dark Riku data on the first try on proud. Feeling lazy to go through the whole game on critical though for the extra challenge

And Larxene... I hope these are the easiest of the bunch

Last edited:

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's harder but not impossible, especially because you can make it easier with EZ codes and/or NG+ which lets you import keyblades. Anyway, when you are out of MP and items, you can heal through some Shotlocks.
I'm aiming to do the Post Game DLC
I've yet to see someone use Shotlock to heal on those bosses.
I'm sure better strategies will be found to make them easier over time, I will probably wait for people to do guides for the DLC.

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I'm aiming to do the Post Game DLC
I've yet to see someone use Shotlock to heal on those bosses.
I'm sure better strategies will be found to make them easier over time, I will probably wait for people to do guides for the DLC.
My bad, I thought you meant KH3 in general. I used healing shotlocks against some of them but that's your last resort when you are out of items and MP. Another way to heal is through Rage Form which is often your life saver

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Keep in mind 1. I'm drunk 2. I fucking love kingdom hearts more than most things

I'm replaying the whole game so I haven't got dlc (had the ending spoiled which holy shit) but the concert alone was worth it. Got I wanna go live is kill for this

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Alright someone hit me with the strategy on how to handle Luxord's card game where you have to hit the cards that spin around as you move around them. There's gotta be a trick I'm not seeing, I always get four cards down before they blow up on me.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
This data Master Xehanort fight should've really been the final boss of the main game. All the cool shit the actual final fight should've had, the data fight has.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT THE FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

"An error has occured in the following application" DURING THE FINAL (PROBABLY) FUCKING STORY BATTLE

Guess I'll do this again tomorrow.... that just fucking took the wind out of my sails.

Oct 31, 2017
Wait guys is it true that the update/DLC made Sora more fun to control? Like cancelling moves is way faster, and he's less floaty, and all that jazz????

IS THIS TRUE???

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm not going to be playing this for a few weeks but I want a gameplan—beat the game on proud mode level 99 last year. I want to get all the trophies in the easiest least frustrating way possible. Can I use my save file in any way to lower the difficulty—from what I'm reading maybe replaying the game in beginner might be the way to go? Can you carry data over to NG+ in a lower difficulty? It sounds like the bosses will be too much for me in Proud mode.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
started my NG+ crit run today.....slightly rough start since I kept underestimating being one shotted but im kinda having more fun then I did on my first playthrough. It might be either the new abilities or Oatkeeper keyblade mixed in with the actual need to block properly. I imagine once im around the lvl 20's I can speedrun through the game.

Only PRO code im using is no attractions and I am so glad it exists!

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
started my NG+ crit run today.....slightly rough start since I kept underestimating being one shotted but im kinda having more fun then I did on my first playthrough. It might be either the new abilities or Oatkeeper keyblade mixed in with the actual need to block properly. I imagine once im around the lvl 20's I can speedrun through the game.

Only PRO code im using is no attractions and I am so glad it exists!

You don't need that PRO code on Critical. Critical Sora has an ability that negates Attractions and changes them for easier to get forms

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Got Dark Riku data on the first try on proud. Feeling lazy to go through the whole game on critical though for the extra challenge

And Larxene... I hope these are the easiest of the bunch

Based on my experience with proud, Dark Riku, Larxene, Marluxia, Vanitas, and Xigbar were easy. Ansem, Terranort, Xemnas, Young Xehanort, and Saix were medium. Luxord was kind of wierd. Old Xehanort and Xion were hard. And the secret boss was rediculously hard.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Young Xehanort down. Significantly easier at level 99 on crit than 51.

Really fun fight! can't recall any death that felt unfair. Going to tackle the rest of the bosses after some sleep, looking forward to it.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
So this is basically a directors cut of the finale then? An hour in and that's what it feels like

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Uuuuuuuh. I'm only on Proud Mode in Limit Cut but...
After taking hours to beat Young Xehanort, I just beat Dark Riku on my first attempt???
(I'm sure my luck will backfire immediately after this)

Last edited:

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
What did blocking do to the Osaka Team that made them hate the idea of letting any attacks be blockable?

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Just took out Data Xemnas.

That was the most fucking intense Kingdom Hearts experience I've ever had, and this is coming from someone that can fight Lingering Will level 1 no issue in KH2FM.

Holy shit.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
So I'm starting my first Critical playthrough to get Oblivion. Do any of the playstyles affect getting the Proof for Oblivion? Or can I just choose either of them?