Oct 25, 2017

LOS ANGELES (Feb. 4, 2019) – SQUARE ENIX® proudly announces that KINGDOM HEARTS III, the latest mainline entry in the beloved action RPG series, has shipped more than five million units globally, both physically and digitally, across all platforms since its January 29 release, making it the fastest selling game in the history of the series.

The shipment and digital sales numbers for the long-awaited installment in the blockbuster franchise have been matched with critical adoration. Media across the world are lauding KINGDOM HEARTS III for its breathtaking visuals and widespread appeal to newcomers and series veterans alike, with Bleacher Report praising that the adventure is "accessible for even the most casual of gamers" and "a sheer thrill to take in," and CNET raving that KINGDOM HEARTS III is "the best looking Kingdom Hearts game."

https://press.na.square-enix.com/re...es-fastest-selling-game-in-franchises-history

Last edited:

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Do we think that's the initial stock shipment or would it be a figure with restocks already. I think, given this figure kh3 could mirror ffxv.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didnt expect it to reach FFXV numbers.

Well deserved, my favorite game of this gen.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely deserved, best game of the franchise along KH2 and BBS. It was obvious that the game would be really big but you still had people doubting it.

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
That's huge. If it doesn't get on sale soon that means it's selling through pretty well and has a high chance of hitting 10M.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, hew is surprised? Talent ALWAYS win

khMZwfP.gif

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell fucking yeah. Beat it Thursday but going for the platinum then I wait for the critical mode patch and whatever dlc

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
well deserved! KH3 is the best game in the franchise by a lot.
I remember when KH2 came out and people had the exact same negative reaction and now they call it a masterpiece, so I know
KH3 skeptics will come around in a year or two for this one as well.

Oct 25, 2017
well deserved! KH3 is the best game in the franchise by a lot.
I remember when KH2 came out and people had the exact same negative reaction and now they call it a masterpiece, so I know
KH3 skeptics will come around in a year or two for this one as well.
Eh, the "it happens once, so it will happen again" narrative around reception turning from negative to positive I feel usually doesn't play out.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I'm extremely happy to hear this, and hope that it encourages Disney to keep investing big-time in the series.

Do we have any idea how colossal the budget for KH3 was, with a presumed 7-10 year development time? I wonder how profitable a game with production values this high and a development time this long can be, though I'm sure we'll never know for certain.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic news! The Osaka team knocked it out of the park and they really deserved this!

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Well-deserved, game is great.
I'm extremely happy to hear this, and hope that it encourages Disney to keep investing big-time in the series.

Do we have any idea how colossal the budget for KH3 was, with a presumed 7-10 year development time? I wonder how profitable a game with production values this high and a development time this long can be, though I'm sure we'll never know for certain.

It wasn't in development anywhere near that long.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

It wasn't 7~10 year development. It was more of 6 years, and they didn't always have all the manpower that they had during the later part of the development.

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely deserved, they delivered on all fronts for this title. Can't wait for KH4 and the DLC.

KH4 onwards should come faster now that Osaka have learned how to utilize UE4 and have existing assets to use.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I'm concerned about the use of 'thank you's' in the tweet, specifically the apostrophe. Shouldn't it just be 'thank yous'?

Other than that, congrats, SE!

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

KH3 development more then likely didn't start until DDD came which was around 2012, the game had like a 6 year development cycle

Oct 27, 2017
LOL Some start cooking up the crow for all the naysayers because they are about to feast! Great job to SE for finally bringing KH3 home and making an amazing game. Well done!

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Eh, the "it happens once, so it will happen again" narrative around reception turning from negative to positive I feel usually doesn't play out.
"triangle to win", "KH2 is the easiest in the franchise", "the story doesn't end", "the ending is a cliffhanger".
Everything is almost literally the same in these complaints. "Attractions are too OP" = "the triangle actions are too OP".

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People have the exact same complaints for the exact saem reasons.As soon as a difficulty that forces them to fully engage with the combat comes out their tune will change just like KH2.