• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the music (especially the piano, I'm no expert but it does not sounds good at all), but my biggest trouble is the Play Doh look characters have. I don't remember it was as striking as it is in this trailer in previous games. Even from comparing to the first KH3's trailer released, faces are not as good looking to me.

Btw, by searching footage, I saw that they actually improved this from trailer to trailer:

E3 2017
e32017i7kw1.jpg

newest trailer
newesttrailernqj7f.png

It's not the best, but it's a bit better I guess.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds a little bare compared to the other two themes(talking about the credits versions) but damn her voice is still amazing, I love it.

I'm guessing the drop that we get at E3 is gonna sell a lot of people on it.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Riku is basically Noctis, which is fine by me because I like Noctis, So I like the design.

The theme is fine, I like it so far. Sanctuary is still my top of the 3 themes, but Oath is a close second.

Still find it weird, we haven't seen the Big Hero 6 world yet

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone edit the title to have Hikki in the title make it Oath/Don't Think Twice? <3 oath is the Japanese version.

Oct 25, 2017
Will need to hear the full versions of the songs (and the opening versions) to completely judge them, but the preview sounded nice.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I know her father(?) said some time ago that Utada was doing the theme for KH3, but I was always a little afraid that it would wind up not happening due to the issues they've had with Disney in the past. Very happy to see that she is indeed doing the theme. I can't say I care very much for it (though I don't think it's bad), but it would have felt wrong if the final game in the current saga didn't have her in it.

Oct 25, 2017
I know her father(?) said some time ago that Utada was doing the theme for KH3, but I was always a little afraid that it would wind up not happening due to the issues they've had with Disney in the past. Very happy to see that she is indeed doing the theme. I can't say I care very much for it (though I don't think it's bad), but it would have felt wrong if the final game in the current saga didn't have her in it.

She is signed under Sony now(which was the best career move she could make considering Teruzane was not making sure her international fans were getting her music) . I had faith that they would do everything to make sure this song is made. She is also producing a new artists' album and her own which should release later this year.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea what's going on. But I love it.
"In case the other me needs it". What is Riku talking about? (does that mean there is a Riku nobody)
Mickey responded perfectly to that nonsense.

"Huh?"

Probably they are looking for Aqua in the Dark Realm... Riku can't use that keyblade anymore because he left the dark side(Ansem face, kingdom hearts 2), but he believe his replica (from chain of memories, created by Vexen) can put in a good use.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
She is signed under Sony now(which was the best career move she could make considering Teruzane was not making sure her international fans were getting her music) . I had faith that they would do everything to make sure this song is made. She is also producing a new artists' album and her own which should release later this year.
That's good to hear.

I need to listen to more of her recent stuff. I picked up This Is the One waaay back when it released in the US, but I haven't paid much attention to her since she came back from hiatus.

Oct 25, 2017
That's good to hear.

I need to listen to more of her recent stuff. I picked up This Is the One waaay back when it released in the US, but I haven't paid much attention to her since she came back from hiatus.

All her JP albums are now available on Spotify and Apple Music. If you have any of those. Also I'll post some of her post hiatus stuff:

Not enough Hikki in this thread

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...I need to listen to the full song and the remix to judge it in full and to compare to the other themes. From what little was there, I prefer the English version to the Japanese one.

Oct 25, 2017
You heard her Nomura/Disney Sama. She will leak the song if the game is not released in a timely manner. She has had ENOUGH.

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This song sounds like a credits theme not a main theme. I mean it's not a bad song but we're talking the likes of the iconic Hikari and Passion and this just comes up short. Maybe given time it'll grow on me.

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great song, both English and Japanese. Utada still the best.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loving the new theme, but I feel like it's missing some omphf. (Not the whole song is out so... Can't judge too much.)

Can't wait for a remix version and orchestrated version.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
As much as I'm looking forward to this game, it was such a terrible move by Sqaure not to release the prior games on the Xbox as remasters. This game has one of the most convoluted stories of any of their games and it's being released on the Xbox with no back story at all.

I didn't play much of truly any of the ps2 games because I had traded in my ps2 at the time. It looks awesome but I'm afraid I'm going to be totally lost with what's going on.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Intrasting that they keep insisting this game is in 2018 with a video coming out in Feb of this. :S

Still frustrated that good play doesn't have all of Square Enix OSTs on there. The fuck you doing SE?