• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
EnMsf-NXEAskBWz

Good start to the PS5 era.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm playing this and I got to my first dramatic mode song (simple & clean) and I died like 90% through because there's no tutorial about how the fuck dual arrow notes work.

So if you see two notes together that are both pointing LEFT, are you supposed to press 2 attack buttons + BOTH analogs to the left? Because I was doing with just the standard left analog + 2 attack buttons and I kept failing them all and died. Since the right stick isn't used anywhere at all in the game otherwise...that just seems weird, but that's it, isn't it?

I kinda wish all songs were this mode with hold notes and directional notes and its essentially theaterhythm just with worse timing visibility. I prefer hold notes and directional notes to jump notes which I still hate in the main game. It's especially dumb because 1/2 the flying enemies aren't jump notes but regular notes and I automatically jump to hit them because they are FLYING. Luckily doesn't seem like it penalizes you jumping and hitting an enemy but it throws off my timing.

Also Vs. mode vs. com seems hella bullshit with the fake notes and invisible notes and stuff. Like this game seems pretty poorly designed as a music game in a lot of ways imo. I love KH and KH music, but as a music game fan I'd say this is one of the worst music games I've ever played. Something like Persona Dancing is mechanically a million times better.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing this and I got to my first dramatic mode song (simple & clean) and I died like 90% through because there's no tutorial about how the fuck dual arrow notes work.

So if you see two notes together that are both pointing LEFT, are you supposed to press 2 attack buttons + BOTH analogs to the left? Because I was doing with just the standard left analog + 2 attack buttons and I kept failing them all and died. Since the right stick isn't used anywhere at all in the game otherwise...that just seems weird, but that's it, isn't it?

I kinda wish all songs were this mode with hold notes and directional notes and its essentially theaterhythm just with worse timing visibility. I prefer hold notes and directional notes to jump notes which I still hate in the main game. It's especially dumb because 1/2 the flying enemies aren't jump notes but regular notes and I automatically jump to hit them because they are FLYING. Luckily doesn't seem like it penalizes you jumping and hitting an enemy but it throws off my timing.

Also Vs. mode vs. com seems hella bullshit with the fake notes and invisible notes and stuff. Like this game seems pretty poorly designed as a music game in a lot of ways imo. I love KH and KH music, but as a music game fan I'd say this is one of the worst music games I've ever played. Something like Persona Dancing is mechanically a million times better.
It sounds like you're just overwhelmed by all the stuff going on visually. You get very used to it over time. As for the dual arrows, you just use both analog sticks. You don't press any attack buttons. The tutorial tells you this. At least I remember it telling me right before a boss fight or memory dive. So if you get two arrows pointing up you just press but analog sticks up, etc.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
It sounds like you're just overwhelmed by all the stuff going on visually. You get very used to it over time. As for the dual arrows, you just use both analog sticks. You don't press any attack buttons. The tutorial tells you this. At least I remember it telling me right before a boss fight or memory dive. So if you get two arrows pointing up you just press but analog sticks up, etc.

Ok, just the analogs is a lot easier than 4 inputs at once. That helps.

Is there a recommended +/- timing for Switch portable? I'd assume the sync should be perfect in portable but I wonder if adjusting it helps.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity what do you think your playtime was to get the plat? Also did you play a specific song to farm enemies at the end?

Not sure what the playtime was. But I had like 80k enemies killed when I was done with every trophy besides that one. So I farmed between Wave of Darkness I and KH2 Radiant Garden battle theme so I wouldnt go insane.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure what the playtime was. But I had like 80k enemies killed when I was done with every trophy besides that one. So I farmed between Wave of Darkness I and KH2 Radiant Garden battle theme so I wouldnt go insane.
if your playing on PS5 then there should be a tracker for how long you have played

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
All I have left for trophies is grindy stuff, so I can safely say this is the 2nd easiest KH platinum behind KH3 (if we aren't counting the DLC trophies). They could have easily made this the hardest one to platinum, so thanks Square Enix for being merciful.

That is until they destroy us with critical mode DLC

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I wanna Full Chain every song on proud and performer anymore. Some songs are just not that fun so it gets frustrating having to restart thoughts. On the other hand, some songs are so fun that I actually have a good time restarting until I get a perfect run.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Ok I really really want to love this game, but the input lag is driving me crazy. I played with the BGM settings in the config and I thought +2 would do the trick, but nope still not working as it should. I have so many misses because of the input lag and it starts to get frustrating.

Somebody any tips on what is the best 'BGM timing' for me? Or how to find out? I am playing on PS5.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know for the 3d portion I really would of loved for l'eminenza oscura to a track in this. I liked Ansem's theme better than Xemnas in that game.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying this on the Switch. Playing it in portable mode generally, so really getting big Theatrhythm feelings from the game this way (other than the obvious ways I'm getting feelings from the game such as the art and full chain stuff), which is fantastic. It's not a game that I can really binge on, though. I'll do about ten songs completely with all goals (unless they have Proud difficulty-related goals, which I'm not ready enough to try yet), and then have to take a break. Then again, maybe for some ten songs with all goals would be a binge. ha

Regardless, this game is making me want to play the first Kingdom Hearts. I never finished it, nor did I get very far. Plus, I own the 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix collection on the PS4, so it makes sense to go about playing it.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I finally got to sit down and play this for about three hours today. It's a lot of fun even though I suck at rhythm games. Staying away from Proud for now though lol

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Played for the first time on PS5 today and +2 for the input is definitely the way to go. Otherwise I was missing rainbow excellents that I would have hit on PS4.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished every song on Proud and Performer. Finished, not full chained. I full chained like 60 including all performer style buttons. But some were just way too hard and visually messy. Performer style really elevates some songs but brings down others because of how much of a mess they become.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so my initial goal with the game post credits had been clearing all the stars, and I only have 10 left, but they're all ones that seem like they're going to give me a lot of trouble. Like, the ones that are "do this on Proud, and it's a song that just throws a big fat chain of enemies at you and the issue feels more like button pressing speed versus rhythm." Is there anything worthwhile to be had for focusing in on that goal in particular, or does it just unlock like a feat or whatever? Because starting to feel this final push through the ridiculously hard stuff may not be worth the pain, at least for now.

Also, with material grinding, is it just "play lots and you get random drops and work from there" or is there a trick to it? I wasn't paying as much attention as I should've earlier on, and now I need a looooot of Lucid Gems to unlock my last song...

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so my initial goal with the game post credits had been clearing all the stars, and I only have 10 left, but they're all ones that seem like they're going to give me a lot of trouble. Like, the ones that are "do this on Proud, and it's a song that just throws a big fat chain of enemies at you and the issue feels more like button pressing speed versus rhythm." Is there anything worthwhile to be had for focusing in on that goal in particular, or does it just unlock like a feat or whatever? Because starting to feel this final push through the ridiculously hard stuff may not be worth the pain, at least for now.

Also, with material grinding, is it just "play lots and you get random drops and work from there" or is there a trick to it? I wasn't paying as much attention as I should've earlier on, and now I need a looooot of Lucid Gems to unlock my last song...

Each song has specific drops. In synthesis you can press triangle (or whatever the other platform's equivalent is) and it'll show you what songs drop the material you need. The item that increases item drops is also really helpful. With those things in mind I don't think grinding the materials from anything should be all that painful.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Each song has specific drops. In synthesis you can press triangle (or whatever the other platform's equivalent is) and it'll show you what songs drop the material you need. The item that increases item drops is also really helpful. With those things in mind I don't think grinding the materials from anything should be all that painful.
Oh nice, thanks!

grizzlybara

Oct 25, 2017
I think I missed it in the initial tutorial but during boss stages when it comes time to block... what do I do? I looked in the tutorial menu and I couldn't find an answer 🙈🙈🙈

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
I think I missed it in the initial tutorial but during boss stages when it comes time to block... what do I do? I looked in the tutorial menu and I couldn't find an answer 🙈🙈🙈

I believe there is a section of notes that glow purple shortly before the attack section comes. Your dodging is based on how well you got those notes.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Uuugh, I have two stars left in the world tour mode, and one is from Wave of Darkness. Unfortunately, those little star notes are after some bits that give me trouble. I can get through the song with items for sure, but the thing that's getting me is I tried essentially just tanking it for those in particular, only paying attention to hitting the stars when they come up. And it works sometimes, but sometimes my righthand character just plain misses when I do the hit for three, even though everything's simultaneous.

Pretty much what I'm wondering is will that work, or do I have to learn doing those segments right? It's frustrating trying to figure this out and having to do the first 100 some notes over and over again each try.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Uuugh, I have two stars left in the world tour mode, and one is from Wave of Darkness. Unfortunately, those little star notes are after some bits that give me trouble. I can get through the song with items for sure, but the thing that's getting me is I tried essentially just tanking it for those in particular, only paying attention to hitting the stars when they come up. And it works sometimes, but sometimes my righthand character just plain misses when I do the hit for three, even though everything's simultaneous.

Pretty much what I'm wondering is will that work, or do I have to learn doing those segments right? It's frustrating trying to figure this out and having to do the first 100 some notes over and over again each try.
I can get All Excellent pretty consistently in Wave of Darkness and I found it a lot more helpful to just learn to hit the notes to the melody. Those parts part after the floating section and at the end of the song where you're basically mashing can fuck your over if you start mashing to the rhythm too early or get tired midway lol.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
I can get All Excellent pretty consistently in Wave of Darkness and I found it a lot more helpful to just learn to hit the notes to the melody. Those parts part after the floating section and at the end of the song where you're basically mashing can fuck your over if you start mashing to the rhythm too early or get tired midway lol.
Yeah, those parts where it just expects you to pound out the notes like crazy are the ones I just can't get to work right, and the star notes being at the end of those in rhythm is ruining me as inevitably, one of my characters at least just goes "lol nope" and gets a miss for whatever reason on either the last or second to last one, and it's driving me nuts. I've got most of the song completely down, those crazy long fast chains are just singlehandedly ruining me.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Just beat the game. 17 hours, all stars, proud mode. I had a great time. I'm not even remotely done with the game though, lots of unlockables left and I just love the gameplay.

4DaqzCE.jpg

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Working on the Platinum right now.
Playing all songs on Easy is kinda boring but also allows my hands some time to recover...
I should be at 75k Enemies by the end of it all... I might do 1 or 2 songs per day at that point to slowly reach 100k.

Fun game, not a fan of where the story is going tho...

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, somebody please answer me: is there any reward from the game for getting all the stars in World Tour aside from a feat or whatever presumably acknowledging it? I have been just throwing myself at this damn Wave of Darkness one, and have even gotten pretty decent at the song, but I just ALWAYS miss/good at least one star marker. The breaking point being where I thought I got it, but I must have been off on the second set which I usually get but can't see.

I'm just... very sick of the song and might just decide I'm done with it for now if there's not a tangible reward.

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, somebody please answer me: is there any reward from the game for getting all the stars in World Tour aside from a feat or whatever presumably acknowledging it? I have been just throwing myself at this damn Wave of Darkness one, and have even gotten pretty decent at the song, but I just ALWAYS miss/good at least one star marker. The breaking point being where I thought I got it, but I must have been off on the second set which I usually get but can't see.

I'm just... very sick of the song and might just decide I'm done with it for now if there's not a tangible reward.

What type of reward are you expecting? I haven't done it because it seems annoying, but you can get all the songs without it and it's not tied to any trophies/achievements so I'm not sure what other kind of reward would really be worth something that you seem to dislike so much.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
What type of reward are you expecting? I haven't done it because it seems annoying, but you can get all the songs without it and it's not tied to any trophies/achievements so I'm not sure what other kind of reward would really be worth something that you seem to dislike so much.
Okay, cool. Didn't know if they pulled a "hide an extra song/video" after it type thing or something crazy. It's not that I in theory HATE playing it, it's just kind of driving me up a wall focusing in on it this much, because the difficulty bump between it and the rest of the star challenges feels massive. Well, and it's just in that awkward point wherein I keep getting CLOSE, but not quite hitting it.

But if there's no particular reason to strongly fixate on it, probably best to just leave it be, mess around with just playing through the rest of the songs as I please/as feels natural, and maybe loop back around for it in the future if I feel better equipped to handle it.

davitxi

Jan 17, 2019

The only reward is a new icon for your online card. There is't even a feat for getting all stars.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Working on the Platinum right now.
Playing all songs on Easy is kinda boring but also allows my hands some time to recover...
I should be at 75k Enemies by the end of it all... I might do 1 or 2 songs per day at that point to slowly reach 100k.

Fun game, not a fan of where the story is going tho...

I'll be over the moon if the next game (spin off or not) lets you play as Kairi being trained by Aqua, though.

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be over the moon if the next game (spin off or not) lets you play as Kairi being trained by Aqua, though.

I think it's incredibly likely that the next game will be Riku focused spin off. I doubt we'll see much of Kairi at all until the next main line game.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
This might be a hot take but why do people wanna like Kairi anyway? She's never been interesting. Ever. Did it start in KH2 when they hyped her up as being a potential Keyblade wielder?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
This might be a hot take but why do people wanna like Kairi anyway? She's never been interesting. Ever. Did it start in KH2 when they hyped her up as being a potential Keyblade wielder?
The same reason people liked Stella from Versus XIII, they project potential and their excitement/hopes onto a blank character, because the character never had anything else to latch onto

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, at this point I just sorta feel bad for Kairi. Like, after all this time and all this teasing, the poor girl deserves to get to do SOMETHING, at least moreso than what this game gave her...

watham

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama, USA
I was getting really good, doing every song on Proud and then -bam, they completely change up the gameplay for the
KH3
levels. The timing was totally I felt. Such a weird decision. Feels like a budgetary thing. Would've taken too much time to redo the levels to work on Switch so just did a video.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Have cleared every song on all difficulties. Trying to All Excellent every Beginner Mode song, Full Chain every Standard Mode song, and Full Chain most Proud Mode songs (minus the unfun ones or ones for songs I don't like enough to want to learn). Avoiding Performer Mode though, I can't deal with it since the way the game kinda jumps between how it handles the rhythm of each song its really hard to guess when it wants you to press each button sometimes, and the visual indicator is pretty weak. Hope they fine tune that in a sequel. Still got 21K enemies left to beat until I get that platinum, hoping to finish within the next couple of days so I can take a break for a bit.

I was getting really good, doing every song on Proud and then -bam, they completely change up the gameplay for the
KH3
levels. The timing was totally I felt. Such a weird decision. Feels like a budgetary thing. Would've taken too much time to redo the levels to work on Switch so just did a video.

Yeah, the vibe I get from Memory Dives is that they were more or less done with the game when they added it. Seems like when it came time to do KH3 stuff, since this game was in development as the same time KH3, they kinda just threw together the Memory Dive mode just to get a little bit of the OST in despite the game nearly being done. To compensate and make it feel like less of an afterthought they threw in all the character theme songs and vocal tracks too. That's just my guess though.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
KH3

To be fair, those are the only mandatory story dives, every other story dive is an unlockable. The gameplay variety helps to not keep the game too repetitive.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Been playing on a Panasonic plasma(game mode) on Series X and found -4 BGM to work perfect for me when it comes to the lag. Definitely went through a lot of trial and error to get to that number. Been enjoying the game a lot. It does not hit the highs of Theatrhythm FF, but it does what it sets out to do.

I have been wondering about one of the star requirements. What does it mean by hitting XXX total glide targets? Seems even when I full chain a song on proud mode no less, I could never get the total it needs for that star.

Last edited:

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing on a Panasonic plasma(game mode) on Series X and found -4 BGM to work perfect for me when it comes to the lag. Definitely when through a lot of trial and error to get to that number. Been enjoying the game a lot. It does not hit the highs of Theatrhythm FF, but it does what it sets out to do.

I have been wondering about one of the star requirements. What does it mean by hitting XXX total glide targets? Seems even when I full chain a song on proud mode no less, I could never get the total it needs for that star.
It's cumulative, so just replay the stage to get the rest.

OP
OP
Wispmetas

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

What could have been. I legit thought the remastered versions of the music would not fit with the notes timing, but it seems I was wrong. Such an easy thing to just add.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first proud full chain on The Tumbling. I choose that one to be my first because I really like that song.

Also a nice touch I don't know if it's when you activate Mickey with Team BBS or if it's on the bbs stages but Mickey were his black outfit from bbs when with them.

Last edited:

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Got my first proud full chain on The Tumbling. I choose that one to be my first because I really like that song.

Also a nice touch I don't know if it's when you activate Mickey with Team BBS or if it's on the bbs stages but Mickey were his black outfit from bbs when with them.

Mickey changes based on the team you're playing.