• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Are people actually happy with this? This just seems like filler on never before seen levels.

I could understand they want a quick cash grab, but this just seems lazy and a slap in the face for people who are hoping for a new KH-game.
Nothing lazy or filler about the Theatrhythm games. If anything is slapping you in the face, it's your own poor expectations.

This is one of the few series that can sustain a game like this due to the vast library of quality music, it's a good use of assets and there's plenty of content.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's one of the new teams.
Currently KH teams go like this:

Team 1 - Main Osaka (and some Tokyo) Team. Worked on KH3 and ReMind, currently working on next title
Team 2 - Mobile Team. Worked on Union X, currently working on Dark Road.
Team 3 - New Team 1. Working on Melody of Memory
Team 4 - New Team 2. Currently working on unannounced title.
Oh yeah I completely forgot about the new teams announced. This makes much more sense as a small little project to get the new guys adjusted. I wouldn't be surprised if that means the other "phase 2" game is a spinoff in a similar way.

Maybe we get a "kingdom hearts, ball of heart" which is a pinball game where every time you get 5000 points a giant plot twist appears

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah I completely forgot about the new teams announced. This makes much more sense as a small little project to get the new guys adjusted. I wouldn't be surprised if that means the other "phase 2" game is a spinoff in a similar way.

Maybe we get a "kingdom hearts, ball of heart" which is a pinball game where every time you get 5000 points a giant plot twist appears
Assuming the 2 remaining boxes are 2 more games for phase 2, I expect it to be 1 game from the 4th team, and end the phase off with the next main KH game (could be KH4 or something else).

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the 2 remaining boxes are 2 more games for phase 2, I expect it to be 1 game from the 4th team, and end the phase off with the next main KH game (could be KH4 or something else).

This would be my thought process as well.

OT: I have no issue with a rhythm game spin off at all, I think the Gameplay they showed made it look really interesting as well. It's the most KH thing in the world to make it have plot critical details, but lol, that's KH for better or worse.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The more I think about this the more excited I am. KH music means so much to me, I'm so excited for a game that is like a greatest hits of the great music this serie has.

I hope they get some KH orchestra versions in there honestly. I'm not getting my hopes up, but some of them are just a step above the game ones.

It would also be cool if the option to play OG or remade osts were an option here. From what I see in that trailer, at least in the olympus one, they're using the OG KH version. I mean... I don't want OG "He's a pirate".

Last edited:

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Are people actually happy with this? This just seems like filler on never before seen levels.

I could understand they want a quick cash grab, but this just seems lazy and a slap in the face for people who are hoping for a new KH-game.

You need to play Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call. One of the best games of this generation. Then maybe you'll get why people are hyped about this.

Also there just was a new KH game, nobody is expecting another mainline KH game so soon.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You need to play Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call. One of the best games of this generation. Then maybe you'll get why people are hyped about this.

Also there just was a new KH game, nobody is expecting another mainline KH game so soon.

Yeah, I was sceptical, but then I saw a couple gameplay videos from theatrhythm, and if this ends up being as fun as that looks, then i'll be very happy with this game.

This is great.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The remaining two games are more likely to be more traditional Kingdom Hearts games by virtue of the fact they'll release later.

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if this game will do DLC for additional tracks.
I know Curtain Call included several non-Final Fantasy songs as DLC. If Disney songs are confirmed, perhaps we can get Disney songs from movies and shows that aren't KH worlds. Like the DuckTales theme, or music from Moana, or Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah (because no way in hell is Song of the South ever getting a world)

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

We just had Kingdom Hearts 3 last year, and there is always room for fun spinoffs.
I don't get the mindset, many series have spinoff titles, gives us more variety.
It's weird that the prior games aren't on Switch yet though, so I guess people are allowed to be upset about that, but you can't have everything.
Maybe they'll still come.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Not sure how I missed this announcement, but I think Nomura is confessing his love for me. KH has been my favorite franchise since childhood, and I play tons of rhythm games. This is so wild. I'm really excited and shocked!

If it's a good rhythm game, then it wouldn't be lazy at all. Maybe you're not into rhythm games, but as a huge fan of the genre, I'm very excited for this game. I've played all the KH games except coded and mobile. I'm a huge fan of the series. The theatrhym games were very well done, and KH has tons of fantastic music. I think it's a perfect opportunity for a game I never would've imagined.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the user who was asking for some Atlantica?

Ea4UCbGUYAAKlaS

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This looks so fucking bad and I just know the final secret custscene will be some mega important plot detail.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was a heavily stylized game, this just looks so plain and unappealing to me.
Also seems more involved than Theatrhythm based on the boss battles we've seen, and various allies could mix up the gameplay. And it has multiplayer too.

Of course this won't be for everyone but I'm hyped for this.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
Some songs I would love this game to have:

Boss/Mob Themes:
Lord of the Castle (Re:CoM or 3R version)
Dark Impetus/L'impeto Oscuro(BBS or 3R)
13th Struggle (2, Luxord 3R, or Larxene 3R)
Forze del Male (1 3R)
L'Oscurita dell'Ignoto (DDD or 3R)
The Xehanort triple fight song in 3
Another Side, Another Story
The Other Promise/Vector to the Heavens mix in 3
13th Dilemma (Xigbar 3R)
Tension Rising (2 or Kingdom of Corona 3 version)
L'Emienza Oscura I (DDD or 3R)
Dismiss (BBS or 3R)
Rowdy Rumble (2, BBS, or 3)
Fight and Away
Anti-Aqua
Hunter of the Dark
Unforgettable
The Tumbling
One-Winged Angel (2FMHD)
Unbreakable Chains
Enter the Darkness
The Deep End
Squirming Evil
Wave of Darkness (Both Phases)

World/Battle Themes:
Underworld
Land of Dragons
Beast's Castle
Neverland Sky
Timeless River
Hollow Bastian/Radiant Garden (1 or BBS)
Christmas Town
Kingdom of Corona
The Carribean
Night of Tragedy (BBS Secret Episode Battle Theme)
Twilight Town (KH2 Sora version)
The Grid
Space Paranoids
La Cite des Cloches
Monstropolis
Traverse Town (1)

I don't expect multiple versions of many of these songs so I'll take either or.
Edit: Dang I really forgot Yozora and Shibuya Data Greeting Area

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Fuck I'll say it, pisses me off that they release some guitar ass hero cash grab. I mean, I game PC and Switch...and I mean...I have a badass PC..Top of the line better than PS5. But godamit, I want a portable Kindom Hearts Collection on Switch. It makes to much godamn sense not to, which in la la land means of course they wont do it. Fine whatever, but I'll refuse to give them money for there whatever reasons. If era has taught me one thing, there is always emulation.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I'll say it, pisses me off that they release some guitar ass hero cash grab.
This is an evolution of Square's Theatrhythm rhythm series (there's been three Final Fantasy games and a Dragon Quest game) and they are legit great. It's fine not to like the game but it's not some cheap cash grab.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck you make a "disney" rhtythm game without actual disney music and instead you use the subpar disney worlds square music that sounds like chinese ripoffs?

This confirms Disney songs too, if anyone had doubts.
But how many? the games have a serious lack of disney music the majority of the time.
I hope at least it has an official disney song or 2 for each franchise. Not hearing zero to hero in the hercules segment is a sin.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
If we can basically get Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts on console, maybe this is a good we'll get console based FF Theatrhythm game.

Email I got from Square-Enix says the game has over 140 Songs with a tagline "Beloved music from Disney"

I wonder what kind of licensing issues hoops this game had to go through to get the Disney tracks on here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
But how many? the games have a serious lack of disney music the majority of the time.
I hope at least it has an official disney song or 2 for each franchise. Not hearing zero to hero in the hercules segment is a sin.

I imagine we'll get every song that was part of KH and nothing else. Unless they wanted to have fun and make a KH version of Disney songs they didn't already use.

I'm curious if we'll get to mix and match Disney partners in any way.

If we can basically get Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts on console, maybe this is a good we'll get console based FF Theatrhythm game.

Email I got from Square-Enix says the game has over 140 Songs with a tagline "Beloved music from Disney"

I wonder what kind of licensing issues hoops this game had to go through to get the Disney tracks on here.

I don't think it's licensing issues, so much as royalties. Disney owns the songs same as they own everything else, at worst Disney wouldn't want a song used for some reason.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Still boggles the mind that MoM is diving into Kairi's past and Xehanort getting hilariously lucky. I guess he captured her, put her into the 'ark' and prayed that her being a princess of light would cause her to fly in the direction of the Keyblade. I guess we'll never find out if his hypothesis was correct given that it was Aqua's spell that rescued her and conveniently placed her exactly where the keyblade would end up.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Guess that's the thing on Friday? It feels like Nintendo is sending out the games in mini directs to die with all the ire that's going to be directed at them for not being a proper one after how ridiculously dry the year has been.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
thought itd be announced tomorrow at gamescom, but as long as its soon, cool. Hope it still makes it this year