• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

421868548491706378.png

610k more compared to the last results. Crazy legs so far.

Last edited:

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Another Kirby game, another million seller.

HAL Laboratory are one of the only studios in the world that can rinse an IP and keep it popular, making them invaluable for Microsoft's inevitable acquisition of the Kirby IP.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A proper explanatory thread coming soon: but Microsoft need a flagship mascot that'll be popular in both American and Japanese markets, and that could thrive under Microsoft's poor publishing practices: Kirby fits this bill perfectly.

..... so Kirby in the japan as exclusive cute kirby while on murica is kirby with tons of guns like rambo?
I kinda like what u are smoking there.^_^

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Well damn.

Too bad I wasn't a part of this. Fucking sold out when I went to get it on launch day!

Still meaning to get it. I wanted it to be my first Kirby game :(

I didn't know Kirby could sell so well.

TinyTurtle

Apr 23, 2018
Australia
I'm really happy for Kirby. It feels as though every Nintendo first party game on switch is setting (or on the way to setting) new records.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A proper explanatory thread coming soon: but Microsoft need a flagship mascot that'll be popular in both American and Japanese markets, and that could thrive under Microsoft's poor publishing practices: Kirby fits this bill perfectly.
You said this months ago and you still have not produced a thread about it.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I know this isn't a serious post but Banjo & Kazooie are a better mascot than Kirby. The key is having a competent development team to make the best of your mascots, not acquiring more characters to kill.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
I know this isn't a serious post but Banjo & Kazooie are a better mascot than Kirby. The key is having a competent development team to make the best of your mascots, not acquiring more characters to kill.

Microsoft need an IP that can hold first-party support fort on a yearly basis: there is not a more appropriate IP than Kirby in this sense.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
The key to a mascot is marketing and good management, something Kirby has always had. Not here for rewriting history for your fave dead character.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't see it beating Kirby's Dream Land (5.13M).
It's possible. Kirby games usually coast along in sales until the next one, and Star Allies will blow past 2 million before its first holiday. Not entirely likely though, especially since there will definitely be a sequel in the works.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
I mean they are exceptionally dull games, to me personally. But I did love Dream Land back in the day, so glad to see it doing well.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Buying Kirby won't net them consistent sales of a series if Microsoft doesn't have the market that Kirby caters to.

Americans love Kirby, particularly American CEOs, Kirby will have no issues on XBOX.

Xasatm said:
And...exactly how will Microsoft be buying Kirby, one of Nintendo's most recognized mascots?

Microsoft will bid ~US$4.5 B for the IP, which Nintendo will gladly accept given that they have DK, Yoshi and Mario.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Americans love Kirby, particularly American CEOs, Kirby will have no issues on XBOX.

Microsoft will bid ~ US$4.5 b for the IP, which Nintendo will gladly accept given that they have DK, Yoshi and Mario.

...and your proof of this is...where? And $4.5 b? Really? The company quite protective of its IPs will sell it for that little?

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
So who told you that will happen? Are you claiming to be a insider?

No, I do not claim to know anything for sure; to me this just seems to be a natural end-game of Microsoft's movements within the industry.

Why American CEOs?

Also don't you mean HAL, not Nintendo?

Well I imagine Microsoft would be getting HAL Laboratory too, so the decision would come down to Nintendo.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft will bid ~US$4.5 B for the IP, which Nintendo will gladly accept given that they have DK, Yoshi and Mario.

You're saying Microsoft will spend more than an entire quarter's worth of Xbox revenues, more than Star Wars was acquired for, to get a game series that pulls in 50-100 million every couple of years.

Pass that shit dawg.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Microsoft need a mascot for Japan
- Microsoft need an IP to release consistently and patch up those horrendous first-party gaps
- Microsoft could do with a 2D platformer in general

...You do know that these Kirby games don't just pop out of a hat right? The main reason why mascots don't work for Xbox is because they don't make consistently good games with them. Them buying out an IP will do nothing for them if they don't have the talent to keep it up. So all this conversation has done is turn a thread celebrating Kirby's success all about you and your dream scenario making sure it is dead for reasons I don't want to know nor care about.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Why are you arguing "seriously" that Microsoft is going to buy Kirby?

I thought I had gone crazy reading the thread

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- Microsoft need a mascot for Japan
- Microsoft need an IP to release consistently and patch up those horrendous first-party gaps
- Microsoft could do with a 2D platformer in general
Microsoft already knows Japan is a lost cause, I seriously doubt they give a crap about being a big seller there. They do care about having the big third party japanese ips in the west though but they are not going to pay that much money for Kirby of all things, that's ridiculous leap of logic.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you arguing "seriously" that Microsoft is going to buy Kirby?

I thought I had gone crazy reading the thread

Imagine feeling so threatened by Kirby that you muck up a thread about its success just so you can envision a scenario where it will fail (or at least not help Nintendo).

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the appeal behind Kirby (sorry), but it's truly amazing how the series keeps shipping games with each new entry in the series.

And regarding the Microsoft thing:
I'm pretty sure Nintendo holds the Kirby trademark. Why would they ever sell this to Microsoft? Why would HAL ever sell their rights or do business with Microsoft? They are perfectly fine to business only with Nintendo since the SNES

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Another Kirby game, another million seller.

HAL Laboratory are one of the only studios in the world that can rinse an IP and keep it popular, making them invaluable for Microsoft's inevitable acquisition of the Kirby IP.
This is maybe the third time I've seen you suggest Nintendo should sell Kirby to Microsoft and I'm startled to see that you have yet to spend five seconds thinking about why they would never do that.

Kirby is basically review proof and hits a million no matter what (unless you're Rainbow Curse).