• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All of these have been terrific :) there are more out there, if people haven't watched them, yet

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Beau-ti-ful...

anigif_enhanced-27396-1449027701-2.gif

Nov 2, 2017
Incredibly cute short that just gets you invested and decimates you in those last 30 seconds with how wholesome it is.

Also, its 2D animation which is always appreciated!

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first of the Pixar Sparkshorts that is truly amazing. Loved every second of it.

Love this initiative they have going. Allow employees who might otherwise never get the chance to make a short, giving them the amazing animation tools of the studio for it. The resultst might be hit and miss, but it fosters creativity, allows for experimentation and will probebly lead to new talent and techniques being discovered, which hopefuly will find its way to feature films too.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Very good short. I like how the animals feel like characters without needing the ability to speak; it's hard to hit that balance.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yep, my wife and I received a visit for those darn onion-cutting ninjas while watching this.

My friend asked "is there an animal death?" "No... it's ultimately heartwarming." "Yay!" "ULTIMATELY heartwarming."

Really well done.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Incredible work. The mannerisms of the cat were perfect and had so much character. The pupper was adorable and I just wanted to give him a hug.

One of the seniors in my building has a pitbull that she found and rescued from the street when she last visited Mexico. Every once in a while, I'll see her and her pup Freda sitting in the lobby, and Freda is the most lovable affectionate little potato dog. I always give her a big hug when I see her. Fucking hate the way their breed is treated.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't seen this thread yet and earlier today Kitbull came up on my youtube timeline while browsing. The name itself was so curious so I decided to give it a watch. By the end of it I was bawling my eyes out, such a good short.

tumblr_pn5bws5l5S1rdvr0eo3_540.gif

tumblr_pl4w76yXcF1rdvr0eo1_540.gif

the cat's mannerisms are on point

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't expecting to burst into tears halfway through, and for the tears not to stop until after it was over. Goddamnit. Absolutely fantastic. It's wonderful to see 2D animation from Pixar, too, and I loved that the cat's design and animation had a Ghibli-esque feel to it.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in tears.

The cat animations are really incredible, perfectly captured the movements of a feline. Perfect stuff.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
It's really sweet. In seeing past appearances. Dog fighting is heinous and inhumane garbage.

Checked out the other two Sparkshorts, Purl and Smash and Grab, which were alright as proof of concepts that Sparkshorts are looking to facilitate but Kitbull just pulled heartstrings. Partially because it didn't need to spend a few of the limited 8 minutes it had establishing a high concept idea like a human yarn ball or sci-fi robot mechanics.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Yup. Shit is adorable.

I especially like all the little animations on the cat when it's posturing.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
God, what a short. I went from sadness, then anger to happiness in 7 minutes. The cat's mannerisms were on point too.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised there's not more posts in this thread.

I watched it while doing my dishes. Doing dishes while crying is a weird experience I will say.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I held it together until the dog instinctively flinches from the human in the end, and then I didn't hold it together.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Can you keep ex-dogfighting pitbulls as pets?

If you rehabilitate them, then they can be saved. It takes a lot of work though, and I'm not sure if it's possible for all dogs. I think that's how the show Pitbulls and Parolees got started. Also, Dogtown got famous because it was one of the places that took in a bulk of Michael Vick's dogs.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
god, when the nice lady goes to pet the pitbull and he flinches, that was so sad i wanted to fuckin throw up.