JankyNedelko

Oct 15, 2020
The Netherlands
klonoa-klonoa2.gif

The Return of the GOAT. Dream Travelers unite!

Though I'm curious if there will be more subtle changes compared to the originals. Like, Klonoa 2 appears to have a more saturated look, in addition to having the option/ability to have more hearts than in the original.

There's more stuff I would like to know, but I can wait till July 8th to get my hands on these gems.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Funny they decided to remake Klonoa again.

They look nice and pleasant. Honestly this was a really good Nintendo Direct.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

All of you, EVERY LAST ONE, ALL OF YOU (yes, you reading this.) better fucking buy this. This is a lifeline of lifelines this series needed. This is Bigfoot riding an albino unicorn.

Please, show them that this series deserves to live on!

Blindside

Jan 23, 2020
Glad that people are going to finally get to experience Klonoa 2 on modern platforms.

Kind of wish they'd tossed in the GBA/Wonderswan games as a bonus, but getting a full remake of Klonoa 2 is awesome.

Apr 19, 2018
Lunatea's Veil finally finds homes outside of the PS2? Just one more reason for me to retire the console.

Now just give me that HD remaster of Gitaroo Man!

Kozmo

Jan 5, 2018
I was just thinking about this series earlier this week and how it's a shame it wasn't available on current systems. Punched it into YouTube and clearly my interest sparked some marketing algorithm which led to this announcement. You're welcome guys.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to revisit / replay Klonoa 2, so the timing of this is really convenient

Also, I can't believe there was confusion about the name. I distinctly remember the characters saying it several times in Klonoa 2

Some comparison shots of Klonoa 2 I saw posted
1644454038534.png

1644453938528.jpg

I immediately knew something was different when I saw Lolo's face in the trailer

Can't say I like softer look of the models. I much prefer the cel-shaded(?) style.

This isn't a deal breaker for me though.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Klonoa 2 looks like a big downgrade from cel-shaded PS2 version. But who cares, it's freaking Klonoa! In for 10 copies! Unless they do something stupid like chop the framerate in half. Or make it digital only.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, it does track with how Klonoa games tend to look in every instance besides Lunatea's Veil.

I think it'll help to see what it looks like next to the rest of the game.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm especially worried how the game's later areas are going to look, the graphical style of the remake is not going to jive with them at all :/
Going over the footage, it's really good at making the already colourful environments pop and feel alive. So far that's the only thing we've seen, though, other than a brief glimpse of the Kingdom of Sorrow.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ah, it's coming to other platforms as well? If physical then I'll just get it on PS4/5.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Wow what a nice surprise. The originals were such a big part of my childhood. Hope this does well enough that we get a new entry. I played the first games so much they aren't fun anymore lol

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks good. I haven't played a Klonoa game and this looks like the perfect time to correct that.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
So this is timed exclusive for switch for a small amount of time it seems?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Can't sleep so just caught up with the Direct and this was the megaton for me. I adore Klonoa and am so happy to ~finally~ see a revival.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Okay Klonoa friends, got some more details here!

Game is confirmed to have a physical release, in Japan at least. Early purchases of either physical or digital will include the ability to change Klonoa's outfit between the two games. So Klonoa 1 model with 2's outfit, and Klonoa 2 model with Klonoa 1 outfit. The physical code seems to last one year? Not sure if it is pre-order only for digital or not. Digital copies specifically with give you Moo costumes for both Klonoas. There will be a Digital Deluxe edition that includes additional costumes and an artbook/soundtrack app. The other costumes are Klonoa with Joker Mask (Klonoa 1) and Tat Mask (Klonoa 2). There seems to be no physical equivalent thus far (Ugh!). Seems like the Steam version gets none of this according to notes on the site.
The regular price is 4,980 Yen + tax. For the Digital Deluxe 6,980 Yen + tax. Apologies if I made any omissions or mistakes.
Early purchase costumes
img_01.jpg

Digital purchase bonus costumes
img_02.jpg

Digital Deluxe contents
img_01.jpg

Bamco's Asobi Store will have a B2 poster as a reservation bonus for the physical edition. They list the price as 5,478 Yen + tax.

Klonoa 1&2 Encore/Phantasy Reverie Series Site (JP): https://encore-klonoa.bn-ent.net/ (<- All the aforementioned details here)

Klonoa 25th Anniversary Site (JP): https://klonoa25.bn-ent.net/

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited to have Klonoa 2 no longer be trapped on PS2.

Wonder if the portable entries will ever be released again.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Yeeesss!! One of the best things in the direct for sure, definite buy. A bit bummed the art style is about as generic as they could have made it, but Klonoa's back baby!

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I love Klonoa but I don't really feel compelled to play the games again. Still hoping we get a new game someday!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Just checking in on this thread again to make sure this actually happened.

Yep.
I'm so excited to have Klonoa 2 no longer be trapped on PS2.
This exactly. Klonoa 1 is a PSOne Classic and got a Wii remake but 2 has just been ignored. I think the game doesn't even emulate well.

Jan 11, 2018

I hope they tweak this a bit.

Game is confirmed to have a physical release, in Japan at least. Early purchases of either physical or digital will include the ability to change Klonoa's outfit between the two games. So Klonoa 1 model with 2's outfit, and Klonoa 2 model with Klonoa 1 outfit. The physical code seems to last one year? Not sure if it is pre-order only for digital or not. Digital copies specifically with give you Moo costumes for both Klonoas. There will be a Digital Deluxe edition that includes additional costumes and an artbook/soundtrack app. The other costumes are Klonoa with Joker Mask (Klonoa 1) and Tat Mask (Klonoa 2). There seems to be no physical equivalent thus far (Ugh!). Seems like the Steam version gets none of this according to notes on the site.

Hopefully PS4/5 will also get a physical release then and not just the Switch version.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Not the biggest fan of those aesthetic tweaks to Klonoa 2, but considering the cheapest near complete copy of the game online goes for...

*checks eBay*

fuckin' 86 dollars, I'll manage.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if Klonoa's Wii outfit will be unlockable or something. It's not as iconic as his original look but I liked its consistency with Klonoa's 2 design. It would be a shame to see it snubbed just because its game wasn't received as well.

For that matter, if there are unlockable outfits I hope we see them use the one from the Shifty Look webcomic:

tumblr_ml463z3Gb91s3b60so1_400.jpg