• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Back in 2016 he implied it was planned for before 2020. So it must mean that it'll release around spring or summer 2020 then.
Yeah, all we really know is that he wanted to get it out before the Tokyo Olympics, right?

I'm not too fussed, and I imagine Sony isn't either. It hasn't even been 3 years yet.

Jun 4, 2018
Good to see people coming out of the woodwork to slander Kojima. Listen, man, I get it. He's popular and hating popular things is what we do here. But get real. Some of y'all act like this man went from Konami to obscurity. This dude was coveted so greatly by Sony that they signed him and published a video announcing the partnership the moment his non-compete ended. I don't understand the desire to see someone fail, but it is what it is, I guess. Konami rid themselves of the creative minds behind Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Suikoden, and whatever else you can think of. Stop acting like their goals and Kojima's goals were one in the same, by the end.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Inb4 Kojima pulls a PT and shadowdrops the game on a random day in this summer.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Don't fool yourselves guys, this was NEVER going to be a 2019 title. The optimistic in me says 2020, but the reallistic in me says PS5 launch title.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I follow Kojima's Twitter and 95% of his tweets are about movies, books, some random photos of himself with a katana or while hanging out with X celeb.
I'm not saying he is not working on the game, but the impression he gives to the public is not the best one.
What does this even mean? Let the man have a damn life, jesus.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Kojima must sleep like three hours a night considering everything he's doing all the time.

I'd love to see a documentary on his day to day life. Part rockstar, part videogame developer, part movie buff, part music fan.

What a guy.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I am so behind in my backlog that he can takes his time. I just finished spider-man, and want to platinum bloodborne. I came in late this gen.

Plus Seikero is coming out soon and i want to complete Nier and last guardian. So being behind is good for me lol.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima must sleep like three hours a night considering everything he's doing all the time.

I'd love to see a documentary on his day to day life. Part rockstar, part videogame developer, part movie buff, part music fan.

What a guy.
And yet he's 50 but looks like 30 years younger. Maybe all those movie and music consumption are his secret to eternal youth.

Did you read my post?
I never wrote Kojima doesn't work, I wrote the impression the public is getting is about him wasting time around. No problem on having a private life.

Yeah, fuck this life perception. Thanks to the inmediate consumption culture and capitalism, people have to work to no end for other peoples gain. Fuck it so much.

Last edited:

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
FakeRequiredBlackbuck-size_restricted.gif

Oh well.
This gif is a lie!
But i can feel your (phantom) pain.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been a game that did not lag behind the initially planned internal schedule? I doubt it, at least in 99% of cases.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Unless we see gameplay this year I would suspect this has been moved to ps5.

Oct 27, 2017
What's Kojima's most delayed game?

Mgs4 was from late 2007 to June 2008.
Peace Walker... I dont remember.
Ground Zeroes and Phantom Paun I can't remember either.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't our first Kojima game everyone. Did so many of you expect him to be on schedule?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's Kojima's most delayed game?

Mgs4 was from late 2007 to June 2008.
Peace Walker... I dont remember.
Ground Zeroes and Phantom Paun I can't remember either.
I cant find any official delays for MGSV but it might be that my googling is weak. Of course I'm sure it had some internal delays.

hmm, wonder if it will beat Crackdown 3 in term of number of delay times :)
Probably not. So far it has 0 days of official delay.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Has there ever been a game that did not lag behind the initially planned internal schedule? I doubt it, at least in 99% of cases.
All annual franchises including sports titles and COD. Battlefront and most Battlefield games as well. Nintendo also has a good track record (although they announce games on the last minute so it's difficult to know whether it has been delayed internally).

Oct 30, 2017
For a title that was only showed off first time E3 2016 with a non finalized game engine, did people think it was this year?

Looking at the length of development of AAA productions hitting 4-5 years or more, people think he would hit it in only 3 or less or something?

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Trolls are out in full force with 'PS5 title', why am I even surprised at this point?

A slight delay which is common for most AAA titles this gen and yet there are some who can't help themselves, how sad.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For a title that was only showed off first time E3 2016 with a non finalized game engine, did people think it was this year?

Looking at the length of development of AAA productions hitting 4-5 years or more, people think he would hit it in only 3 or less or something?
Some people in the Sony thread were speculating on a 2019 date, though that always seemed crazy to me. I've always felt it would be Fall 2020 at earliest.

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
I never expected it ti be exclusively a PS4 game in the first place, so I am not surprised.
I know what you meant but your post is a bit baited :-).
Some members may not understand that a PS5 version may also be in the works.
If I'm totally wrong then hey no problem.

Edit: face palm a pc version smh

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Trolls are out in full force with 'PS5 title', why am I even surprised at this point?

A slight delay which is common for most AAA titles this gen and yet there are some who can't help themselves, how sad.

I expect some kind of PS5 version (even if it's just enhanced with BC), but this. He even says it's not much delayed (which sounds good) yet some of the responses here are dramatic.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The scary thing about a game getting behind schedule now is that there is a real chance that they could end up making a game for a defunct console... unless, that is, backwards compatibility isn't a problem next gen.

I expect this game to be very late. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the last big game of this console generation.

I expect some kind of PS5 version (even if it's just enhanced with BC), but this. He even says it's not much delayed (which sounds good) yet some of the responses here are dramatic.

I think when people hear that it is "not much delayed" they think back to when they told their parents that they were making good progress on their English paper, when in truth they hadn't started. People are always going to try to soften the blow, especially when there are a lot of eyes on you. We know there is a delay, it is impossible to determine how serious that delay is.

j.zed

Oct 29, 2017
I still can't believe there were people who thought this was the Sony exclusive to come out in 2019. Pure lunacy.