Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022

View: https://twitter.com/Okami13_/status/1755932056826085751

View: https://twitter.com/Okami13_/status/1755912103414628483
Death Stranding 2 info from Hideotube:

• State of Play trailer was captured on PS5. Kojima thinks the graphics will improve even more.
• Production timeline: "The assets are ready we just need to construct them." Japanese audio dubbing will begin this year for release in 2025.
• Sam can now remove his backpack for lighter movement and combat.
• Realtime terrain deformation is in the game. Roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc.
• Ship is called the Magellan. It serves as a moving base that accompanies Sam on deliveries. It can also go underground.
• When Sam connects to the Chiral Network, the ship can move freely to those areas. You can also call it to you.
• Game is on a different continent outside of America, where Sam has gone to connect the Chiral Network.
• Fragile starts a new group called Drawbridge to connect regions outside the UCA. She is their leader and "no longer her weak self from the past."
• A private entity has to go setup the network because If the UCA goes it can be regarded as an invasion.
• The 'Second Hand' that Fragile has will be a big part of the game
• The model for the puppet is Faith Akin, a German director. You'll travel with him by your side and can converse with him on deliveries.
• "Why he became that way, you'll learn as you play the game."
• The cat on George Miller's shoulder is inspired by Captain Harlock
• "Lots of vehicles" • Elle Fanning's character is 'mysterious', could be friend or foe.
• Those robotic samurais seem to be important. Higgs might help us against them at some point?
🤔

The full video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SegRMGH_K4&t=1196s

KezayJS1

Apr 25, 2021
Oh dang, that 2020 thing, did he catch COVID?

Anyway, really curious about the PHYSINT thing, isn't the game that XBOX is getting something similar?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I like how the reason he's doing Physint is because of the surgery experience
Probably thought he can't die and leave Konami with the last "Metal Gear"

Anyway, really curious about the PHYSINT thing, isn't the game that XBOX is getting something similar?

Not Covid, but was during the pandemic, says he needed some kind of surgery

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia

No, OD (the Xbox game) is a cloud based experimental horror game - Physint is a AAA Action Espionage game with cutting edge film quality production values and technology behind it

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Glad he's feeling better ❤️‍🩹

One of the twitter comments suggests that the bionic hands around the neck will work to hold your breath so you can use two hands around BTs. Sounds like a pretty solid guess.

oldboss

Shinra Employee
Nov 9, 2017
Wow, All of this sounds fantastic. Terrain deformation will add so much depth to the whole traversal ordeal. You'll surely have to take this into account when planning what equipment to take with you. I can't wait to see first gameplay demos.

Glad he got better!!

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Joke's on him, my mother thought the last of us on ps3 was a movie when I was playing it back in 2013.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
"Realtime terrain deformation is in the game. Roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc"

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEE

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
DS2 sounds amazing, the natural disasters are gonna add so much to the gameplay loop. That + now enemies will have guns thanks to Higgs, and who knows how they'll iterate on BT encounters… 2025 is so far away!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
DECIMA Engine open worlds going from a stage for static, non-interactive set dressing with HZD to a capapable sanxbox featuring destruction physics, terrain deformation, and weather systems that impact the environment & gameplay is sort of nuts. You can see where he wanted to take Fox Engine had things not gone left with Konami.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You mean to tell me I'm gonna spend 20 hours building roads and earthquakes are gonna fuck that shit up?

Sold!

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I'm guessing Physint being a movie/game just means it's more like a Naughty Dog game in structure, rather than the open-world smorgasbords of MGSV and DS.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
DECIMA Engine open worlds going from a stage for static, non-interactive set dressing with HZD to featuring destruction physics, terrain deformation, and weather systems that impact the environment & gameplay is sort of nuts. You can see where he wanted to take Fox Engine had things not gone left with Konami.

It is the first PS5 only game on Decima, it makes sense lol. It's so sick too

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
When I saw the forest flood scene in the trailer, my first thought was that he was finally doing the Tanker flood scene.

Sounds like it won't just be set pieces, which is cool, and what I'd hoped and expected from the trailer.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Realtime environmental deformation on a large scale is one of those "Next Gen" elements that you hardly ever see attempted. I certainly know why as it fucks with a lot of the basic game design fundamentals. I know people were not happy to hear me say I thought DS2 was as impressive or even more so in some areas than GTA6 from the little we've seen and heard about from either game but this aspect was a big reason why. Not only is it incredibly cool to see visually but having real effects on the world and game design takes things to the next level, pun intended.

Joo

May 25, 2018
The rock deformation and river flooding looked just excellent in the trailer. Really can't wait. DS2 has basically become my most anticipated game. As a whole it's just visually on another level and the most impressive looking game I've seen, GTA6 included (although we really haven't seen much of GTA6 yet).

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Realtime terrain deformation is in the game. Roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc.

KOJIMA ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!

I was specifically asking for this.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe we almost lost the GOAT 🥹.

So excited for DS2 and "Metal gear at home"

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Realtime environmental deformation on a large scale is one of those "Next Gen" elements that you hardly ever see attempted. I certainly know why as it fucks with a lot of the basic game design fundamentals. I know people were not happy to hear me say I thought DS2 was as impressive or even more so in some areas than GTA6 from the little we've seen and heard about from either game but this aspect was a big reason why. Not only is it incredibly cool to see visually but having real effects on the world and game design takes things to the next level, pun intended.

Nothing controversial in that. I think it is as impressive visually as what was shown in the GTA6 trailer, just different emphasis. And yes, the focus on destruction is awesome.

When Kojima says Physant is going to be like a movie, I also think he is talking about how crazy the animation and graphics will be.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
I'm guessing Physint being a movie/game just means it's more like a Naughty Dog game in structure, rather than the open-world smorgasbords of MGSV and DS.
As its been explained its referring to animation, extremely high fidelity character models/motion capture, visuals, sound, music, style etc... pushing the limits of real time photorealism in games - nothing to do with gameplay or how the game is structured necessarily

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
I'm glad HideoTube is back. Super excited for Death Stranding 2. The first game is a masterpiece and the sequel has everything to be even better. These new details like the Magellan, earthquakes, forest fires and floods are super exciting.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
As its been explained its referring to animation, extremely high fidelity character models/motion capture, visuals, sound, music, style etc... pushing the limits of real time photorealism in games - nothing to do with gameplay or how the game is structured necessarily
I think the new IP from Santa Monica and Naughty Dog along with Guerrilla's Horizon 3 or Bend's new IP will also have something to say about photorealism too

Dever

Dec 25, 2019

Yeah I was just going off of his comment that if your mom walks in, she's going to think it's a movie. That's basically what something like TLOU2 already is. Close camera, little to no UI, photorealistic graphics and animation, story and banter happening during gameplay etc. As opposed to something like DS where you're spending a lot of time in menus, there's sometimes like a thousand icons on screen etc. I'm loving the era of open-world Kojima games, but I'm guessing Physint will be a lot more like what some people wished he had started making after MGS4.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
DS2 to DS1 being like Godfather Part 2 to Godfather Part I is all I needed to hear, Fatih Akin.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
State of Play trailer was captured on PS5. Kojima thinks the graphics will improve even more.
lol this is clearly a subtle hint at the existence of the PS5 Pro, and the fact that DS2 will support it.

bring it.