• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lucia

Oct 18, 2021
Argentina

View: https://twitter.com/KONAMI_career/status/1722843621056303305

Google translate of the Tweet:

The "Silent Production Team" is recruiting artists, planners, engineers, and project managers. Please join us in this work, which has many fans overseas! A chance to be involved in game production in a cutting-edge development environment.

More details on the recruit page:
ss-agent.jp

株式会社コナミデジタルエンタテインメント|中途採用実施中

大型新規プロジェクトメンバーを募集中!「サイレントヒル」シリーズのリメイク・新作ゲーム開発を発表したコナミデジタルエンタテインメント最新求人|プロデューサーによる転職者向けQ&Aを掲載|ゲーム・映像業界の転職ならシリコンスタジオエージェント

Google translation of the Q&A on the page:

Q. Please tell me about the development environment (facilities and equipment, working style, atmosphere on site, etc.)

First, regarding the office environment, we have high-end desktop PCs for running high-end games and Unreal Engine . We have an environment where you can play game software from competitors that could be research subjects, and we are confident that the basic facilities and equipment are very complete .

Many of our employees, especially those in their 20s , approach everything with humility and sincerity . I believe that each employee takes responsibility for their own work, which creates an atmosphere where they can work honestly .

Additionally, although we mainly work with development studios overseas , we have interpreters on staff, so you don't need to be able to speak English . Due to the time difference with other countries, meetings may be held early in the morning or late in the evening, but this is not very common.

Q.What kind of people are active?

The Silent Hill production team has many people who like action games and horror games , as well as people who like foreign dramas and movies that deal with serious themes , so those people will be able to work on a work that is very compatible with them. Even those who like works with a heavy atmosphere and heavy themes will be able to fully unleash their maniacal sensibilities .

As I mentioned earlier, I think it's because we have a lot of young staff, but people who have a strong sense of followership and help each other are relied on within the team. Mutual cooperation is of course important as each project is a large
one , but people with managerial abilities and drive, such as project management and production progress skills, are active.

Q.For those considering applying

Our works are supported not only in Japan but all over the world. By creating such global works , you can develop your game and business from a broader perspective. Since we create games with some of the world's best studios , I think it's also attractive for game creators to be able to come into contact with cutting-edge development from around the world .

If you are interested in game titles created by Konami or game development from a global perspective, please apply.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Wow I can't believe I am reading this news. Konami is seriously getting back into AAA development?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
they're silent because they're working on pachinko

that out of the way, hoping for the best. as much of a punching bag konami became the past decade(s), them getting back to their prime would only benefit everyone. theyre still sitting on a whole lot of great ips that would be nice to see new good games from

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. They're quoting Silicon Studio. Is this a brand-new studio, or some kind of joint thing with Silicon?

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
They must like what they are seeing to commit before most of the SH games even drop.

Cool stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
I assume this will essentially be a brand new, unproven development team, but I am still interested as a fan of Silent Hill, Castlevania and other classic Konami and Hudson IPs.

Yogi.

Feb 3, 2023
You guys are getting this all wrong. This is a team sent out to silence any talk about using any Konami IP in a meaningful way. The team was created in response to the MGS3 Delta - They don't know how that one slipped through the cracks.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wow I can't believe I am reading this news. Konami is seriously getting back into AAA development?

Unless I'm reading this wrong, this is a team of producers, 'mostly working with teams overseas'.

In-house Producers to work with the other external teams who are working on various Silent Hill projects.

Although they do say they're seeking artists and engineers too. Still, sounds like a in-house support team.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Unless I'm reading this wrong, this is a team of producers, 'mostly working with teams overseas'.

In-house Producers to work with the other external teams who are working on various Silent Hill projects.
Ah gotcha. Still pretty interesting regardless to see Konami pivot back to AAA projects in some capacity.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I like it - but I wonder what's making them quadruple down on this series before even seeing the ROI for one game first

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

I'm hoping they don't rush through the project and give the devs plenty of time

Jul 24, 2018

Although they do say they're seeking artists and engineers too. Still, sounds like a in-house support team.
The Silent Hill Production Team

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
Oh wow.. misread this based on the title, the Q&A refers to this being a Silent Hill production team?! Omg.. Okay, please hire Masahiro Ito.. As many of the original crew as you can.. PLEASE. Team Silent..

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
good.

i'm very happy Silent Hill is coming back (let's just pretend Ascension isn't a thing).

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, how bout an update on literally any of other SH games announced over a year ago?

But fr it is nice seeing them put more resources into the IP, let's just hope its more classic SH than whatever Ascension has been so far :P

Wing84

Nov 21, 2022
Anyone who thinks that current day Konami being the developers of their own titles is a good thing is going to be greatly disappointed.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I'm curious what the team is for, my understanding was SH2 was near done, and SH: F had already started development, along with whatever the Short Message thing was, and Ascension has already released. If this is for projects down the road, are they really considering that when they have so much already slated that they don't know will sell or be received well?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Between the 7(?) SH games and this did Konami just wake up one day and yelled "I LOVE SILENT HILL!!!!!!!"? What's with the name ?

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Okay so I have some thoughts on this.

For one thing, it definitely does NOT seem like an in-house AAA development team is being formed here like a lot of people are assuming. They're still talking about working with developers from across the world, which is how Konami has handled Silent Hill since everything after SH4. Similarly Konami DID have in-house producers and staff work with those studios before. That's what Tomm Hulett was (who, btw, was a lovely and passionate person that did not deserve the harassment and abuse slung his way by the fanbase). But I'm not sure if they had an entire team for this back then.

One of the biggest issues with the approach Konami takes with Silent Hill, both before the hiatus and now with the revival, is that they just kind of give the series to whoever is willing to make the games cheaply. That's not saying there isn't talented staff in those studios, but quality was definitely all over the place and the budgets didn't exactly seem appropriate for what they were trying to pull off. After the HD Collection and Downpour one would hope that they learned their lesson but Silent Hill F was given to the people who made... Resident Evil ReVerse of all things.

And that's the Silent Hill game I'm looking forward to the most. So if this new production team helps that game thrive more than it would have before, I'm all for it.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Between the 7(?) SH games and this did Konami just wake up one day and yelled "I LOVE SILENT HILL!!!!!!!"? What's with the name ?

It is interesting seeing the pivot considering how long mobile plus their other ventures were lining their pockets just fine for a minute. Obv any company wants to make more, and something like Ascension makes sense for their prior MO, but I'm legit surprised they're throwing so much at this IP in general now especially for single player games. I would never have expected them to fund a No Code developed game with Silent Hill: Townfall for example, or Silent Hill f, for that matter. I'm not complaining mind, its great we're getting potentially good new SH games again, but yeah, its still a bit fever dream Konami is going this all in on the IP to the point they're making a whole new in house team 🤔