• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the same website that brought them up:
www.relyonhorror.com

Konami Claims Recent Silent Hill Rumors are False - Rely on Horror

Trusted sources of ours provided similar details regarding a Silent Hill reboot and the continuation of Silent Hills. We asked Konami for some answers.

According to a North American PR representative for Konami, recent Silent Hill rumors "are not true."

"We're aware of all the rumors and reports but can confirm that they are not true. I know it's not the answer your fans may want to hear," said the Konami US PR rep.

In the Konami rep's original email, he also said: "It's not to say we are completely closing the door on the franchise, just not in the way it is being reported." So, while Konami US is denying that the rumors are true, they're once again acknowledging that the series is still alive in some way.

Hardly surprised personally but there it is.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
It's not like they'd confirm they were real lol.

Standard PR answer.

edit: oh there's a second sentence. not as standard then. still zero surprises here.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
Sad if true. Those rumors were too good to be true, but I hope something is still cooking. I wish original Team Silent to be back making a new Silent Hill. I don't care much about Kojima, though.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
When companies don't want to confirm something they simply do not comment on it, they dont go to media to say a clear "no".

Some people want to be tricked this much huh

Nov 28, 2017
rz4RN7N.gif

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
When companies don't want to confirm something they simply do not comment on it, they dont go to media to say a clear "no".

Some people want to be tricked this much huh

Exactly.

When a PR spokesperson says: "I know it's not the answer your fans may want to hear", it's a wrap.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'd be down for the Castlevania Souls game.
As for SH ? No thanks, would rather see Toyama and Kojima working in new IPs.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
If you're going to cling to hope, I would stick to "the PR rep is deconfirming the 4chan rumor that Sony bought the Silent Hill IP, not the one about there being two new games in the works" not "the PR rep is lying to make it a really BIG surprise"

But mostly I'd just say prepare for disappointment

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly OK with this. Good that Konami quashed the nonsense early too so we can stop hearing about it when it always sounded like a pipe dream to begin with.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
If you're going to cling to hope, I would stick to "the PR rep is deconfirming the 4chan rumor that Sony bought the Silent Hill IP, not the one about there being two new games in the works" not "the PR rep is lying to make it a really BIG surprise"

But mostly I'd just say prepare for disappointment
This is me right now.
But not the MGS and Castlevania rumor?
Hmmmmmm...

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
lol

Bring up initial rumor. Few weeks later get rumor debunked.

Good recipe for website traffic.

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Toyama can make a good horror game without a milked brand. No reason to believe that a Silent Hill reboot would have been better either. It's fine.