6XJvxQ8.jpg

PiqLpWw.jpg

fYp54UX.jpg

FK3VAp4.jpg

GTuHLJg.jpg

SLdsDrQ.jpg

IMr1MUG.jpg

May 31, 2019
First off these covers are amazing, probably the best. SNK is up there too.

But also, after all these years, I noticed for the first time on the OG PS3 covers the P S and 3 characters are highlighted by the "shine" of the "piano black" sidebar.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser Employee Are Sick
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
81x2NRHcO5L._AC_SX466_.jpg

Totally!

Shitty cover aside. They did have some nice ones.
It's not exactly good, but I always kind of loved the audacity of a AAA game cover just being a high-res portrait of a really, really fucking old man.

Like even if the game wasn't meant for newcomers, how many seriously would have picked that up off the shelf? It's hilarious.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser Employee Are Sick
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Some of these are indeed amazing, and I like how half this thread feels like scrolling through a gallery of 1940s horror comics and terrible '80s fantasy novels, with a dash of old Conan the Barbarian art and Star Wars movie poster ripoffs. Fun to look at but also kinda so bad it's good

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
This is an example of where NOA commissioned a new box art from Tom Dubois most likely to avoid copyright infringement, as Mad City's guy looks just too much like Crocodile Dundee.

Check out the similar changes to Konami Ice Hockey to Blades of Steel, changing colours/numbers to make it less obviously ripped from a famous Gretzky photo

Blades_Source_Photo.jpg

Blades_Japanese_Cover.jpg