Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Oh man! Moving, shop for killers and worst of evil along with flex cop!
i knooooooowwww!
36b7cd4e54ed02f46f4d94fbfb3c3c3a89c8ea0e.gifv

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Alienoid 2 (Alienoid: Return to the Future) is up on Amazon Prime for purchase & rent. English subtitles, Korean voices.

Had a lot of fun with this two-part movie series. It's got aliens, Robots, Cat People, Wizards, Martial Arts, Gunfu, and more. Fun action scenes, silly humor, time travel plot craziness, it's got it all. It's like someone took The Terminator, crossed it with a Jackie Chan movie, and then set it in Korea (split fairly evenly between modern times and the 1300's).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaRLlh8Pw5A&ab_channel=RottenTomatoesTrailers

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Alienoid 2 (Alienoid: Return to the Future) is up on Amazon Prime for purchase & rent. English subtitles, Korean voices.

Thanks for this! It wasn't on my list at all and I'll definitely check it out. For anyone unable to rent it (or buy it) AND you have the ability to create a Hoopla account (supported libraries) it is on their service. First isn't, but it is on Tubi.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I'm still annoyed both Flex Cop and Revenant aren't on Disney+ for me. No signs of them coming either. Wish Netflix just got them so it's available worldwide.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I have actually never heard of this one. Let us know how it is.
4 episodes in, so far so good.
It's a really fun watch. The leads are charismatic, good balance with comedy and serious stuff, and some nice action scenes too. Nothing too crazy though. Love the aunt lol

I'm trying to think of another show which has a similar vibe. Maaaaybe Taxi Driver if you've seen that.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
The 8 Show

Ending mid credits
So did 7th Floor just wrote a screenplay after all 8 episodes or did he invented/wrote the show and he participated it?

barbarash22

Oct 19, 2019
Finished Queen of Tears.
Multiple times i wanted to quit, especially in the first few episodes.
It's hard to care when 95% of all characters are awful assholes (that even includes both leads at times).
Things change later and at around the 5th? episode it became actually great, with a nice story twist at the end of the 8th episode.
But later there are a few episodes with very little story progress and things go in circles.
Interesting characters are sidelined at times and could have been developed better, especially for such a long runtime per episode.

Yet I liked it.
The overall story is good with interesting baddies, great actors and both leads are charming (if you dont think about the stuff of the first episodes), it looks beautiful and the OST is good.

barbarash22

Oct 19, 2019
Edit: I decided on Military Prosecutor Doberman

Will be interesting to hear how you liked Doberman.
It seems to fly completely under the radar - I never see it mentioned anywhere.

But it's actually quite good and a nice change from the usual KDrama stuff.
Interesting story, themes and a good cast.
Has also a great antagonist.

barbarash22

Oct 19, 2019
Yeah, I quit 45 minutes into the first episode. It's strange to hear that things change later. That's good.
Understandable that you quit.
There are scenes that are hard to sit through and really put you in a bad mood with all the emotional abuse.
My breaking point was in the second episode, when even the male lead becomes an ass and I had to take a break for a few days.
If this wasn't written by the Crash Landing author I would have quit there for good.
CLOY is my favourite KDrama so far, so in the end I kept going to see what she (the author) can come up with.
While in the end I still think Queen is alright (not great by far), I don't understand how it gets such good ratings, it's way overhyped.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Watched The Ballerina recently, it was solid! Also, looks like season 2 of Vagabond is coming. Nothing 100% official yet but a governor from the Philippines was interviewed and confirmed that they've been filming it there already.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Watched The Ballerina recently, it was solid! Also, looks like season 2 of Vagabond is coming. Nothing 100% official yet but a governor from the Philippines was interviewed and confirmed that they've been filming it there already.

Any real source on that? Because Suzy just started filming a Netflix show I think, so I doubt she's filming Vagabond 2 in the Philippines

browinie

Oct 26, 2017

Had a lot of fun with this two-part movie series. It's got aliens, Robots, Cat People, Wizards, Martial Arts, Gunfu, and more. Fun action scenes, silly humor, time travel plot craziness, it's got it all. It's like someone took The Terminator, crossed it with a Jackie Chan movie, and then set it in Korea (split fairly evenly between modern times and the 1300's).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaRLlh8Pw5A&ab_channel=RottenTomatoesTrailers

Oh cool! Thanks for sharing. I was expecting it to be made available around June/July.

I'll have to watch this over the weekend, I enjoyed Part 1.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Having a blast watching Heo Sung Tae in Crash lol, big departure from his usual serious gangster or villain type characters

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Will be interesting to hear how you liked Doberman.
It seems to fly completely under the radar - I never see it mentioned anywhere.

But it's actually quite good and a nice change from the usual KDrama stuff.
Interesting story, themes and a good cast.
Has also a great antagonist.
Up to episode 11.
This show is fantastic.

c2793500b8a7a54b59845d230d5b69b2ad9c4d2b.gifv

Cast is great. All the villains are fun

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
Beyond Evil was the one that started me on my Kdrama kick after avoiding them for so long, it's so damned good.
Without a doubt a top tier thriller!
I might do a third rewatch of it soonish.
Watching again with the knowledge that Lee Dong Sik actually already knows who the killer is for almost 8 episodes puts a whole different meaning to all the things he does from episode 2-8. And damn is he a good actor.

Having a blast watching Heo Sung Tae in Crash lol, big departure from his usual serious gangster or villain type characters
I've watched the first episode of it and I'm gonna keep watching it, seems like a fun romp with just enough stakes to make it interesting.
Heo Sung Tae is also great in Psychopath Diary in which he gets to flex his comedy muscles a bit.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I finished my 25th K-drama, When the Camellia Blooms. This had a slow start and I had trouble getting into it, but after 3 or 4 episodes that changed. I really loved it, and it's very sad to say goodbye to all the characters after feeling like I was living in their world for the past 24 days. I give this a 9.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Completed Café Minamdang. Really great Ost, loved the characters. Although I'm getting a little tired of the "psychopath" trope.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Im glad theres a thread for this, recently watched a few Korean dramas and I think im about to binge a bunch more this year since returning to Netflix for a bit

Revenant (disney+) - decided to check this out a few months ago after watching The Handmaiden (great movie) for Kim Tae Ri and this was great. loved the paranormal vibes and I need to check out some more shows/movies with Oh Jung Se as he was also great in this

Death Game (prime video) - This was an okay binge...I didn't really think about it much and im not sure if I like what this show is trying to say in regards to suicide. some of the scenarios were cool though

Alchemy of Souls - Probably my favourite that I've watched, this was a perfect blend of action/cheesy romance and comedy. Loved every second of it

The Glory - really great revenge story pretty much loved every actor in this one, they all played their roles so well.

My Name- this was my most recent one, I thought it was an alright watch, hard to connect to any of the characters since this was only 8 episodes. Action was very nice though.

some shows on my watch list

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha
Parasyte: The Grey
Crash Landing on You
Itaewon Class
Signal
Mr Sunshine
Twenty Five Twenty One

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Oh Im glad theres a thread for this, recently watched a few Korean dramas and I think im about to binge a bunch more this year since returning to Netflix for a bit

Revenant (disney+) - decided to check this out a few months ago after watching The Handmaiden (great movie) for Kim Tae Ri and this was great. loved the paranormal vibes and I need to check out some more shows/movies with Oh Jung Se as he was also great in this

Death Game (prime video) - This was an okay binge...I didn't really think about it much and im not sure if I like what this show is trying to say in regards to suicide. some of the scenarios were cool though

Alchemy of Souls - Probably my favourite that I've watched, this was a perfect blend of action/cheesy romance and comedy. Loved every second of it

The Glory - really great revenge story pretty much loved every actor in this one, they all played their roles so well.

My Name- this was my most recent one, I thought it was an alright watch, hard to connect to any of the characters since this was only 8 episodes. Action was very nice though.

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha
Crash Landing on You
Itaewon Class
Signal
Mr Sunshine
Twenty Five Twenty One
I would suggest adding My Mister to your list.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Completed Café Minamdang. Really great Ost, loved the characters. Although I'm getting a little tired of the "psychopath" trope.
I've been watching it. The first half was really enjoyable but the second half has been a bit of a slog. I'm on episode 14 and I'm not sure if I'll finish. It feels like the plot has kind of just fallen apart and we're down to the generic "housing scam to get rich" plotline.

The OST is really good though. I haven't been able to find the score on YouTube which is a shame. Only the 6 vocal tracks.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha
Crash Landing on You
Itaewon Class
Signal
Mr Sunshine
Twenty Five Twenty One

Some of my favs, second the My Mister suggestion.
Hotel de Luna (Supernatural)
Goblin (Supernatural)
Descendants of the Sun (Action)
Reply 1988 (Slice of Life)
Scarlet Heart Ryo (Historical)

Those are pretty much universally liked, fav shows that might not be for everyone:

Queen and I (Comedy)
Masters Sun (Supernatural)
The Producers (Slice of Life)
You are the best (Family)
Dream High (Music)
My Roommate is a Gumiho (Supernatural)
My love from another Star (Comedy)
Stove League (Sports)
I'm not a Robot (Comedy)

Also mydramalist is your friend : )

Finished Alchemy of Souls, very entertaining. Great mixture of action, comedy and romance, with a super likable cast, but I was kinda sad that
Jung So min didn't return at all for the second season. Go Youn Jung was great in SE2 so no complaints there, but the way JSM portrayed Mudeok was just so endearing. In fact I missed her so much that I already looked up which other dramas she starred in and I'll pick one amongst them as my next watch. On the plus-side Arin got more screen time and Maidservant Kim survived ^^

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Goblin (Supernatural)

Those are pretty much universally liked, fav shows that might not be for everyone:

Queen and I (Comedy)
Dream High (Music)
Stove League (Sports)
I'm not a Robot (Comedy)

Finished Alchemy of Souls, very entertaining. Great mixture of action, comedy and romance, with a super likable cast, but I was kinda sad that
Jung So min didn't return at all for the second season. Go Youn Jung was great in SE2 so no complaints there, but the way JSM portrayed Mudeok was just so endearing. In fact I missed her so much that I already looked up which other dramas she starred in and I'll pick one amongst them as my next watch. On the plus-side Arin got more screen time and Maidservant Kim survived ^^
Spoiler was the reason I delayed watching S2. Ended up liking S2 but I still prefer S1

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Goblin (Supernatural)

Queen and I (Comedy)
Dream High (Music)
Stove League (Sports)
I'm not a Robot (Comedy)

Thank you! I decided to take a little swerve from my watchlist and recommendations so far and started Flex x Cop a couple days ago. Im on episode 4 right now and initially I wasn't really feeling it since im not used to this type of show but its starting to grow on me!
regarding your spoiler, I had no idea about the behind the scenes that when S2 started it threw me off so bad haha but Go Youn Jung was excellent so it didn't take long to adjust. Park Jin and Maidservant Kim were the cutest couple!

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Thank you! I decided to take a little swerve from my watchlist and recommendations so far and started Flex x Cop a couple days ago. Im on episode 4 right now and initially I wasn't really feeling it since im not used to this type of show but its starting to grow on me!
regarding your spoiler, I had no idea about the behind the scenes that when S2 started it threw me off so bad haha but Go Youn Jung was excellent so it didn't take long to adjust. Park Jin and Maidservant Kim were the cutest couple!

Welcome ^^

It usually takes me at least 2-3 episodes to decide if I like a show or not, obviously quite an investment considering the average episode length. I was quite sceptical about a few of my all time favorites at first, like Scarlet Heart Ryo for instance. Thankfully I didn't come across any drama yet that I absolutely didn't like, even the ones that weren't that great in the end had some entertaining aspects that kept me watching.

Regarding the spoiler, had no idea beforehand either, so I was kinda hoping for it until the end, but still a really great show.

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I'm still a little bit disappointed Taxi driver S2 isn't on Dutch Netflix.

I saw that KOCOWA+ has it but I'm not really sure if another streaming service is really necessary. There are to many already

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Finished Military Prosecutor Doberman last night.
What a fun ass show. Thought one aspect of the final episode was a bit of a letdown but otherwise I loved everything about this. The characters were all great.

Yong Moon Goo (Kim Young Min) in particular was chewing scenery like his life depended on it.

I'm still a little bit disappointed Taxi driver S2 isn't on Dutch Netflix.
I'm still pissed about this. It ain't on Aussie Netflix either

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I felt like I was kind of done with Taxi Driver after S1 so I'm okay with not watching S2. Especially after finding out the FL isn't in it and it's basically not addressed. If it gets added to UK I'll probably watch it just to see how it goes, but I'm also not clamouring to watch it either.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Finished both Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha and Alchemy of Souls. The former is great overall ! Loved my time with it ! As for Alchemy of Souls, I thought it was ok overall but very watchable if that makes sense.