snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
Generally, most of the South Korean journals and news outlets have a better track record than the US outlets when it comes to Samsung rumors, but take with a grain of salt nonetheless.

Article in Korean: http://www.etnews.com/20181010000390?m=1

Edit: Through Google Translate, sounds like this is for Note 10 and later.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I sure hope not. I have no want for extra shit to carry around. The 3.5mm jack is the main way I listen to music in my car.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
The dongle business is too lucrative. It's funny in a way the shear popularity(sales) of the dongle points to the removal of the head phone jack from phones being premature.

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
4ea.jpg

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Guess I'll be using my MP3 player more and more then. Bluetooth audio blows and there's no proper wireless replacement for the headphone jack.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I can't move onto bluetooth because my separate music player doesn't support it, which means it's just a huge pain in the ass for me.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use wireless most of the time, but I'd rather have a backup incase I run out of battery or something.

OP
OP
snapcracken

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
Low-key tired of "they want to sell dongles!!!" conspiracy theories. This means they have to include one in every box, which costs way more than the money they'd make from selling new ones. No, the reason is entirely making the engineers' jobs easier. If you drop the relatively large 3.5mm jack, you have a bit more space to fit all of the components. Helps a lot if you also need to set aside space for a massive silo for a stylus.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan or that move, but I'm mostly bluetooth only now. With that said, if they drop the SD card it would cause me to look elsewhere.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh.....hate to break it to you.
I think what they mean is that if everyone(Apple, Google, Samusng) gets rid of the jack, there is no advantage of getting the Samsung phone now. I feel the same. I have a Pixel XL, but if everyone is going to copy Apple, I might as well get the fucking iPhone.