• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon's 20th anniversary.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/02/13/spyro-trilogy-remaster-coming-to-ps4-this-year

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Shocking news~

You know I once said I would never replay original Spyro 1...I'ma go against that and aim to replay it someday :V

Wonder if they'll modernize or rather touch up some elements in Spyro 3?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jNUhd1p.gif

zephiethewisp

Oct 25, 2017
uk
i just moved into my new apartment and after a couple weeks of being cautiously quiet because of not knowing how well soundproofed the walls are, i just let out my first full i-don't-give-a-fuck scream

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
In their fiscal call, Activision did note that they were exploring other older IPs to potentially be remastered.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely adored Spyro 1-3 when I was growing up. I hope this is true and gets the same amount of love the N.Sane Trilogy did. I love Crash and Spyro both, complete the package!

Oct 30, 2017
GIMME GIMME GIMME. I liked crash, but I was never a huge fan and found the remaster to be really fun. A Spyro trilogy one would just be perfect.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
It's only February and this might be the best news of the year. Ripto's Rage is 3D platforming excellence.

Last edited:

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
I literally did a triple fist pump reading the headline. Spyro year of the dragon is my favourite game I've ever played.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
a couple things with this article though one is I don't think it'll be announced till e3 just like Crash and I don't think it'll release till next year.

Same fashion as Nsane

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The soundtrack for the Spyro games were so magical.

Ughhhhhhh. Can't wait to replay them - Ripto's Rage was one of my favorites.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Eh on the one year exclusivity, but hopefully their more forthright about it this time. I love all 3 games but only own a switch. Hopefully we get that darned Crash announcement soon, since they'll want to release it right after exclus

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Bluepoint BABY !

Probably Vicarious Visions again
tenor.gif

edit: no, I don't think it's gonna be VV. Didn't they already say that they don't wanna do Spyro and also that they're gonna be involved in the new Crash games?

There's already evidence pointing to Bluepoint