Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Posted by Sobriquet

Jared Kushner received emails in September 2016 about WikiLeaks and about a "Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite" and forwarded them to another campaign official, according to a letter to his attorney from the bipartisan leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Kushner failed to turn over the relevant documents when they asked for them last month.

"We appreciate your voluntary cooperation with the Committee's investigation, but the production appears to have been incomplete," the pair wrote in a letter dated Thursday to Kushner's attorney, Abbe Lowell.

In a section of the letter titled "Missing documents," Grassley and Feinstein said Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law and a senior adviser, had handed over some materials but omitted communications that mentioned some of the people connected to the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

"If, as you suggest, Mr. Kushner was unaware of, for example, any attempts at Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, then presumably there would be few communications concerning many of the persons identified," the lawmakers wrote.

Grassley and Feinstein also alluded to documents they received from other witnesses on which Kushner was copied.

"Other parties have produced September 2016 email communications to Mr. Kushner concerning WikiLeaks, which Mr. Kushner then forwarded to another campaign official," they wrote. "Such documents should have been produced...but were not."

"Likewise, other parties have produced documents concerning a 'Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite' which Mr. Kushner also forwarded. And still others have produced communications with Sergei Millian, copied to Mr. Kushner. Again, these do not appear in Mr. Kushner's production despite being responsive to the second request. You also have not produced any phone records that we presume exist and would relate to Mr. Kushner's communications regarding several requests."

They asked Kushner to turn over all responsive documents by Nov. 27.

According to the lawmakers, Kushner's attorney suggested providing some documents might "implicate the president's Executive Privilege." In their letter, they asked Lowell to resolve those issues and produce the documents or create a "privilege log" to detail which documents the president is asserting executive privilege to protect.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/jared-kushner-wikileaks-emails-245197

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
"Oh my bad. Totally forgot about those emails saved in my 'Russian Contact' folder."

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"Other parties have produced September 2016 email communications to Mr. Kushner concerning WikiLeaks, which Mr. Kushner then forwarded to another campaign official," they wrote. "Such documents should have been produced...but were not."
Your shit is incomplete, Kush.

image.png

image.png

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...1CF7731069B466775F920174C9.kushner-letter.pdf

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
If the clown shoes congressional investigations have highlighted this, Mueller must be several steps ahead already.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For a second I thought this was old. Then I realized I was thinking of last week's Don Jr Wikileaks news.

Dumb and Dumber.

Mr_Black

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 27, 2017
As soon as this shit got heavy someone like Kushner is just going to filter the word Russia and shift delete everything.

Looks like the shit apple doesn't fall far from the shit tree.

And we all know these people won't see a cell. I hope to Christmas he goes to prison.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Kushner is Longshanks's son. Totally overmatched at everything he does, striving to live up to shithead father figures that ultimately do not care about him, and probably on track to be defenestrated before 2018.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned For: let's leave the prison rape jokes at home.
Jared should do very well in prison with those soft, boyish looks and that frail physique.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Kushner is Longshanks's son. Totally overmatched at everything he does, striving to live up to shithead father figures that ultimately do not care about him, and probably on track to be defenestrated before 2018.

I hate when people make me look up definitions :-P

perfect word though!

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
Executive privilege log, that sounds like the term used for an unflushed turd in the White House lavatories.

In this case, its all the Russian information they didn't flush.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So much smoke it's like this administration is living in Silent Hill

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Kushner has lied so many times I'm struggling to recall something he said that's actually true.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
What is with this guy and his 'absent mindedness'? It makes a funny comparison to DT Jr and his 'let me share everything on twitter when no one asked me to'. Two different incompetent reactions.

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I think everyone in the trump administration is just a character from "burn after reading"

Oct 25, 2017
Can you even claim executive privilege for things that occurred prior to becoming president?

EDIT:

Seems like someone else also brought this up

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Kush saving the world, not by doing his actual job but by being grossly incompetent in covering up Trump's ties to Russia and their meddling in the 2016 election.
Haha, executive privilege means Trump knew about everything. Bold strategy...
Can't wait for Trump to try and claim all corresponding documents fall under Executive Privilege as it means there's some tasty shit in there that implicates Trump in all of this.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Can you invoke executive privilege on something that took place before trump was the executive?
I think it was more of a delay and play dumb strategy. "Maybe the committee won't notice our response didn't address half of the requests and didn't provide any specific support for being relevant to the other half."

Like when someone's post gets ripped apart in 5 different ways and they only respond to one criticism with some pedantic comment.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Based on how it was wielded in the 2000s (particularly in the Bush administration), Trump could conceivably claim executive privilege over a wide swath of discussions he had with Bannon and Kushner while he was president, but only insofar as they do not inhibit the pursuit of justice, and that doing so was in the name of national security. Being overly vague in invoking the privilege is one reason cited by the court to ignore it in US v Nixon: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/418/683.html

The matter would be resolved by the courts, and not necessarily the SC.

I don't think it has ever been applied to actions that took place before a presidency. The Wikileaks forward in this case appears to be the recently unearthed DTJ email chain which he sent to, well, everyone, and of course they all claimed that they had no idea anyone ever talked to Assange last year. It also shows that the Twitter DMs were not the full extent of communique between these parties (which should have been obvious).

Last edited: